TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
severe

TV and Movies NOW - Find streaming TV smovies on Amazon and Netflix

Hey friends,

Wow. Any way to edit the thread title? Hit return too quick.

At any rate, I ran a quick search here and found no information on a website I've started using for finding streaming TV shows and movies on Amazon and Netflix.

There's plenty of search options, including HD and 5.1 content, which falls right in line with our recent TiVo update.

No affiliation, by the way. Just discovered when searching for Netflix 1080p content.

TV and Movies NOW Beta
severe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
seattlewendell

Quote:
Originally Posted by severe View Post
Hey friends,

Wow. Any way to edit the thread title? Hit return too quick.

At any rate, I ran a quick search here and found no information on a website I've started using for finding streaming TV shows and movies on Amazon and Netflix.

There's plenty of search options, including HD and 5.1 content, which falls right in line with our recent TiVo update.

No affiliation, by the way. Just discovered when searching for Netflix 1080p content.

TV and Movies NOW Beta
you need a "both" option for the services. I want to search both Amazon and Netflix at the same time. I also want to search Hulu/Huluplus at the same time.
seattlewendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
severe

I've noticed in most cases it gives results for both, regardless of what you choose.

Maybe contact the maker about adding Hulu services, because what he's offering here is a service for Amazon and Netflix.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
marqattacks

I use an app called Fanhattan on iPad. It shows me all shows on Netflix, Hulu Plus etc.
marqattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #5
severe

Thanks! Fanhattan looks like it could be something I'd be very interested in, if it could eventually integrate with my television. It's certainly something of its own, though it shares some interesting similarities with TiVo's search function.

Most interesting is someone on its list of Board Members:

Quote:
Mike Ramsay

Mike joined NEA in 2007 as a Venture Partner focusing on NEA's expanding consumer investing activities. Mike co-founded TiVo in 1997 and served as CEO and Chairman until 2005.

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fanhattan looks like it could be the perfect companion for a jailbroken Apple TV and an iPad or iPhone. (as Hulu is only available if the Apple TV is jailbroken)

Seems one could just use this app to search, then AirPlay to their TV?

Last edited by severe : 05-14-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
jilter
Happy to be here.

/bump
I am of the opinion that almost any movie(available) should be available for viewing in our homes at this point (for a price of course).
Problem is, there is no universal search that I know of.
Any solution to this currently?]