TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
ElJay

Revenge - "Legacy" 05/09/2012

Is this the first time we've learned that Emily owns half of Nolan's business? That helps me understand a bit more deeply why he is so nice to her.

I thought the whole idea of Nolan buying Jack's dad's house as part of wiping out a neighborhood to build his huge estate was interesting.

When I saw John Billingsley I figured he wouldn't be around for long... Nobody seems too interested in hiring that guy for more than one episode of their show.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
philw1776

Haven't watched the episode but way early on as Amander got out of prison she was greeted by Nolan who explained how her Dad funded him and he'd willed his half of the company to his daughter. Nolan also explained that he promised her Dad to look out for her. Nolan is a stand up guy.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
tiams

After the long hiatus, it had finally felt like the story was moving along. Then this episode came along and killed all the momentum. It was really a wasted episode. I might not feel that way if it had aired back in October or November instead of 2 weeks before the end.

I did enjoy Jack's 2002 hair and wrinkle-free, smooth as glass forehead! And little boy Declan was cute. I wanted to see little Charlotte and young Daniel though.

I guess Jack in 2012 doesn't remember Nolan kissing his girlfriend in 2002.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I'm not sure I understand why Amanda and Daniel didn't meet as children. Was Daniel at boarding school or something? I was under the impression that these people only spent summers in the Hamptons but they seem to spend their winters there too.

I enjoyed this episode and seeing all of the people that Amanda has ruined so far. She is every bit as "despicable" as Victoria.

Last edited by aadam101 : 05-12-2012 at 11:38 AM.
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I enjoyed this episode and seeing all of the people that Amanda has ruined so far. She is every bit a "despicable" as Victoria.
Hardly. Emily is getting revenge on people who betrayed her and her father. Victoria destroyed (and tries to destroy) innocent people.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Hardly. Emily is getting revenge on people who betrayed her and her father. Victoria destroyed (and tries to destroy) innocent people.
Yes but as we learn more about the past, most of the people who were complacent in the Grayson's crimes has no choice but to support them. Those who didn't support them ended up dead.

I'm even starting to feel bad for Victoria. She didn't want things to turn out this way. It was her husband's mistake. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have her taken care of if he needed to.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Yes but as we learn more about the past, most of the people who were complacent in the Grayson's crimes has no choice but to support them. Those who didn't support them ended up dead.

I'm even starting to feel bad for Victoria. She didn't want things to turn out this way. It was her husband's mistake. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have her taken care of if he needed to.
That is naive. The people did have a choice. They could have told the truth. If all of them, or even several of them, had told the truth, they probably would not have been killed by the Graysons. Even if only one of them, even only Victoria, told the truth, they would have likely been okay if they were careful about seeking police protection first.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

I know I'm nitpicking but exactly how old is the dog Sammy? He must be about 15+ years old at least. Didn't think large breed dogs live that old on average. They talk about 1992, is that when David Clark got hauled off to prison? I thought Sammy was around before he was arrested. Perhaps the present time on the show isn't 2012?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
I know I'm nitpicking but exactly how old is the dog Sammy? He must be about 15+ years old at least. Didn't think large breed dogs live that old on average. They talk about 1992, is that when David Clark got hauled off to prison? I thought Sammy was around before he was arrested. Perhaps the present time on the show isn't 2012?
Sammy is about 20 I think. If I recall, he was just a puppy in 1992 and Amanda was 8? That makes her 28 now?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
I know I'm nitpicking but exactly how old is the dog Sammy? He must be about 15+ years old at least.
I don't remember seeing him for a while. I wonder if he is sick and dying.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Wow that is one old dog!