TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
atomarchio

Pricing question buying a 2nd Premiere

I am about to purchase a Tivo Premiere.

Is the lifetime price different when ordering the box online vs. going to Best Buy?

I saw $399 ordering direct from Tivo. However, I would prefer ordering at Best Buy so I won't have to wait. Best Buy site says 1st lifetime is $499 with second premiere at $399.

I currently have a Series3 with lifetime (which I intend to remove when purchasing this new Premiere) and then have a second box which is a premiere on the account and I am paying $6.95 per month.

So instead of one S3 (lifetime) and a second Premiere($6.95 month), my goal is to have 2 premiere's.

However, I would like to purchase this new premiere with lifetime while keeping my $6.95 price for the second premiere.

Please let me know how I should go about to get the best pricing. Thanks.
atomarchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
Quake97

Pricing is $13/month for additional TiVos on your account. You cannot buy the lifetime service from Best Buy, just the TiVos themselves. You should be able to buy one more TiVo and get the $399 lifetime. If you buy another TiVo to replace the S3, that one will be $13.99/month, not $6.95.

Joe
Quake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
atomarchio

I guess I was hoping to add the Premiere liftime and keep paying the $6.95 for the second box. That's a bummer. Any chance they would do something?
atomarchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Quake97

You can always try. Good luck.

Joe
Quake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake97 View Post
You can always try. Good luck.

Joe
I believe if you do purchase from best buy. When you call TiVo to activate since it is an msd. They will give you 399. The only issues getting lifetime is buying the TiVo from a hack place
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
thebfg

You can buy a Premiere at Best Buy and when you go to activate it on tivo.com, they will offer you $400 lifetime.

However, your $6.95 Premiere is tied to your S3 box. So, if you sell your S3 box, you no longer have a full priced unit to qualify for the $6.95 rate and your original Premiere will revert to a higher monthly price (i.e. $15, but maybe they'd give you the current MSD price of $13).

If you opt to pay full price ($500) for lifetime on the new Premiere, then maybe they'd let you keep the $6.95 rate on your original Premiere, if you sell your S3.
thebfg is offline   Reply With Quote