TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
ginginlala

New Netflix Won't Load?

Received the new software update today and applied it.

Whenever I try to load Netflix, I get an error that reads:

"An expected error has occurred, either the Netflix service is inaccessible, or there was a network error. Please try accessing Netflix again. If you are still having trouble, go to www.tivo.com/support for help."

I've tried re-accessing it, rebooting the TiVo...same result every time. The error message appears to be rendered in what looks like the OLD Netflix interface, interestingly.

Anybody else having this?
ginginlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
ginginlala

I also note that the YouTube interface also still appears to be old.

Seems like something went awry with my update?
Old 05-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
ginginlala

TiVo support was able to help me out. In case anybody has this problem, here's how to fix it. If you've updated but are still seeing the old YouTube interface and Netflix won't load, go to the Video Provider list, de-select both Netflix and YouTube, go back to TiVo Central, press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play on your remote, it'll do a soft restart, then go back to Video Provider list, re-enable Netflix and YouTube, and voila.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Solosmooth

Got the new update on both my devices and my netflix app is broken on my tivo elite. network error. tried what you suggested and didn't work for me. netflix is working on my other tivo premiere.
Solosmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
AMike

I was having the same problem, but followed those steps. It works fine now.

Thank you!
1-TiVo Premiere XL4
1-TiVo Mini
AMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
ndirish2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginginlala View Post
TiVo support was able to help me out. In case anybody has this problem, here's how to fix it. If you've updated but are still seeing the old YouTube interface and Netflix won't load, go to the Video Provider list, de-select both Netflix and YouTube, go back to TiVo Central, press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play on your remote, it'll do a soft restart, then go back to Video Provider list, re-enable Netflix and YouTube, and voila.
I tried that. I even tried a full restart (as opposed to the soft restart) but neither worked. I get the network error every time I try to load up Netflix. I can't believe that Tivo botched this update.
ndirish2001 is offline   Reply With Quote