Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #31
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I love how people shoot guns down a tunnel and totally miss a straight ahead shot. Even with a machine gun, it seems!
These people obviously haven't been spending enough time playing Call of Duty...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #32
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
These people obviously haven't been spending enough time playing Call of Duty...
Or they clearly aren't from Walking Dead!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #33
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614
IOW, there's a bigger picture here.
I predict by the end of the next episode, we'll have seen all the events that lead up to (and include) Walter setting off the amber device.
You think that by the end of the next episode, Walter, Peter, Astrid, and Bell will be encased in amber? if so, what will the final 13 episodes be?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
The most disturbing thing about this episode was in the opening when the guy paid $4.80 for a frickin' coffee. That and the muzak version of Billy Idol's Eyes Without A Face.
I heard Eyes Without A Face and thought it was foreshadowing that all those people's faces were going to melt or something and they'd be left with only eyes.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #35
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
You think that by the end of the next episode, Walter, Peter, Astrid, and Bell will be encased in amber? if so, what will the final 13 episodes be?
Not very exciting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #36
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The most disturbing thing about this episode was in the opening when the guy paid $4.80 for a frickin' coffee....
Closed Captioning said $80

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #37
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Well, I guess Spock is not the good guy here.* Is he the one that was trapped in amber or one from the other universe?

Excellent product placement: "Buy your morning latte with a Sprint phone - die a horrible, disfiguring death."

So, Jones was just a pawn in Belly's nefarious plan.

*Ref: William Bell, played by the actor Leonard Nimoy, was in a science fiction TV program in the 1960s titled "Star Trek." His character was an alien from the planet Vulcan. His name was Spock. The show evolved into movies later on. Also starred William Shatner. From Canada.
This just makes me smile

But yeah, Bell wasn't in Star Trek, Nimoy was LOL

For those of you who don't remember, I ranted in another thread about referring to a character in another show by his character in a previous show, and that how some of us who didn't see that previous show, would have no clue what they were talking about.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #38
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
Did anyone else get this uneasy feeling from seeing Nimoy's teeth? Clearly not real, way too white.
I didn't see Nimoy's name in the credits, so when I first saw him, I was wondering if they found an actor who looked a bit like Nimoy to play Bell. There was just a weird look about him in those scenes. The teeth yes, but there was more that I can't place.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #39
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I totally forgot about the reset and could not understand how Bell died in a car accident. Thank God for TCF.

I love how people shoot guns down a tunnel and totally miss a straight ahead shot. Even with a machine gun, it seems!
I was thinking the same thing! There was one point where they kind of hesitated and the baddies started shooting, and like a second later they dove out of the way. IRL there would have been NO way they could have missed. But as I am fond of saying, it's only TV.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #40
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Why not? We've already been introduced to Olivia's daughter and the other Fringe agent. I could see them opening up the season in 2036 and run with Etta and her crew for a couple of episodes until we get to the point where they are un-amber-ized.

BTW, it would have a strange Return of the Jedi vibe if they were encased in amber lol.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #41
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj

I didn't see Nimoy's name in the credits, so when I first saw him, I was wondering if they found an actor who looked a bit like Nimoy to play Bell. There was just a weird look about him in those scenes. The teeth yes, but there was more that I can't place.
I had the same feeling. It was almost like experiencing the uncanny valley, which is odd because I sincerely doubt he was CGI. Nimoy is just old, now. I think it's awesome that he came back to continue/reprise the role. But something about his appearance was... off. It's not a kind analogy, but what I was reminded of was an open casket viewing where the decedent may look good, but something is just not quite right because the mortician didn't know them in life and prepared the body subtly wrong.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #42
Church AV Guy

Quote:
BTW, it would have a strange Return of the Jedi vibe if they were encased in amber lol.
Amber is NOT carbonite!

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #43
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Nimoy was a surprise to me as well. I certainly don't spend any time looking at the opening credits!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #44
eddyj

Quote:
Nimoy was a surprise to me as well. I certainly don't spend any time looking at the opening credits!
Same here. I figured they would just use a voice that sounded similar. Then I saw the outline and figured they would keep the replacement actor in the shadows. I was totally floored when he was shown. I had just mentioned to my wife that it would be nice if they got him out of retirement for the season finale or something!
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #45
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

The problem I had was the simple fact that his hair looked too hipster, which really underscored the fact that he's an old man. His false teeth didn't bother me, he's old, but man... if they hadn't gone with that hair, I wouldn't have thought anything was odd. It could also be that we're used to the Spock hair.

Here he is in his 2009 appearance.

Here he is in part 1 of the finale.

It doesn't suit him at all.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #46
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

I'm very confused.. I thought he wasn't going to come out of retirement to appear on the show again?
I also thought there was only one Bell yet he seemed more eveil than the old Bell.
2 DirecTV HR20-700 HD DVR's
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #47
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Gulfer View Post
I thought he wasn't going to come out of retirement to appear on the show again?
What a twist!
Quote:
I also thought there was only one Bell yet he seemed more eveil than the old Bell.
He's the alternate timeline Bell...kind of like mirror-image Spock...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #48
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I'm very confused.. I thought he wasn't going to come out of retirement to appear on the show again?
He either changed his mind or lied.
Quote:
I also thought there was only one Bell yet he seemed more evil than the old Bell.
That was the old multiverse. This is the new one, created by Peter's undoing. Lots of things have been different this season, small and big.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #49
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Decent article on why he was willing to come back, of course be warned of possible spoilers in clicking the link http://io9.com/5909318/leonard-nimoy...ning-to-fringe
Old 05-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #50
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Decent article on why he was willing to come back, of course be warned of possible spoilers in clicking the link http://io9.com/5909318/leonard-nimoy...ning-to-fringe
Thanks for posting that, it was an interesting interview.

The spoilers are so minute as to be microscopic.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #51
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post

Agreed -- read it and you will NOT be spoiled...

XL4
Old 05-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #52
Johncv

Quote:

Yes, and it explain the “evil” hairdo.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #53
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I avoided the article because of the spoilers warning but was dying to read it.

Thank you! now I can read it.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #54
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I agree, but better safe than sorry, especially with a season finale in play.

Spoiler:
the reason I flagged spoiler was the inference in the article that Bell is more of a big bad this time, and that was not overly apparent by the end of part one, you could make that assumption, but he spells it out more in the article.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #55
steve614
what ru lookin at?

It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that an icon like Leonard Nimoy enjoys Fringe as much as the rest of us.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #56
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
The problem I had was the simple fact that his hair looked too hipster, which really underscored the fact that he's an old man. His false teeth didn't bother me, he's old, but man... if they hadn't gone with that hair, I wouldn't have thought anything was odd. It could also be that we're used to the Spock hair.

Here he is in his 2009 appearance.

Here he is in part 1 of the finale.

It doesn't suit him at all.

Greg
You would prefer that he wear a goatee?

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #57
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I agree, but better safe than sorry, especially with a season finale in play.
You are correct, and please don't interpret my "the spoilers are minor" post as a comment on (or correction of) your warning. It was more along the lines of "I know a lot of you avoid spoilers, but the article is more than worth the incidental spoilers".

And as you say, when it comes to spoilers, it's always better safe than sorry.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #58
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Nor I...much rather be safe than sorry...

XL4
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #59
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
You would prefer that he wear a goatee?
That would have been wildly appropriate. It's been the standard since Nimoy originated it.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote