TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
tiams

Revenge "Doubt" S1E17 OAD 4/18/12

So Emily doesn't want Daniel to pay for the sins of his parents. She wants Revenge, but doesn't want Daniel to suffer. Hmmmm.

Emily is getting soft. Takeda was right.

Before she will let Jack take the rap, she will use her trump card and confess her true identity. That would be interesting.

Wine Coolers LOL.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
brebeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
So Emily doesn't want Daniel to pay for the sins of his parents. She wants Revenge, but doesn't want Daniel to suffer. Hmmmm.

Emily is getting soft. Takeda was right.

Before she will let Jack take the rap, she will use her trump card and confess her true identity. That would be interesting.

Wine Coolers LOL.
So, how will they keep this going?

Revenge will be tough to keep up!
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
john4200

It has already gone off the rails. The whole situation of Daniel being in maximum security prison without bail for self-defense killing of an escaped mental patient who had previously threatened Daniel and company with a gun is ridiculous. At least he is out of jail now, but the whole situation of his trial is also crazy.

I had wondered a couple episodes ago if Emily would sacrifice Jack in order to save Daniel and herself, thus becoming more like Victoria. That would have been interesting, but it doesn't look like they are going that way.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Daniel being in maximum security prison
Rikers Island is a jail, not a prison. Big difference.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
john4200

Quote:
Oh, well, then it all makes sense then!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Cereal_Killer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Oh, well, then it all makes sense then!
If this show was more realistic Daniel (a high profile inmate) would be in protective custody anyway and no inmates would be around him to beat him up.

In any case, I liked this show a lot more when RealAmada was getting revenge on the people that screwed her dad. I waited with baited breath each week to see what dastardly plan she would come up with to destroy their over-privileged lives .

Now, the story is a little more like a soap-opera and not as exciting.
Cereal_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Aren't prisoners being held for trial usually held in the local jail? I think Rikers is just for people awaiting trial in New York City...
Old 04-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
hummingbird_206

I think Emily realized she'd gotten off track. She doesn't want Jack hurt, but I think she'll sacrifice Daniel without blinking an eye. After all, she discredited her half sister in order to save Jack, but that really screwed up Daniel's defense.

And yes, this is a soap opera. Why would anyone think otherwise? Life in soap worlds doesn't have much in common with the real world. So suspend reality and go with it or you're going to be extremely disappointed.

And where's the dog? He's my favorite character!
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
tiams

Does Emily realize it was Takeda who fired the 2 shots?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer View Post
In any case, I liked this show a lot more when RealAmada was getting revenge on the people that screwed her dad. I waited with baited breath each week to see what dastardly plan she would come up with to destroy their over-privileged lives .

Now, the story is a little more like a soap-opera and not as exciting.
Agree

And the long hiatus in episodes cooled ardor for the show as well. Network execs are morons

Maybe a few long flashback scenes of strippah Amander on the pole would heat my "ardor" up a bit
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #11
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Does Emily realize it was Takeda who fired the 2 shots?
I think so. I seem to remember him telling her the whole story of what happened on the beach.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I think so. I seem to remember him telling her the whole story of what happened on the beach.
So Takeda is happy with Daniel being in prison. I think he wants his own Revenge against the Graysons. If Emily goes around trying to free Daniel, that might make Takeda turn on her.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #13
brebeans

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Agree

Maybe a few long flashback scenes of strippah Amander on the pole would heat my "ardor" up a bit

Is that what you call it?
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
Church AV Guy

Quote:
So Takeda is happy with Daniel being in prison. I think he wants his own Revenge against the Graysons. If Emily goes around trying to free Daniel, that might make Takeda turn on her.
Noel said as much early on in this episode. I agree that his comment made me think that Takeda has a personal motive for revenge against the Graysons. Amanda's desire for revenge, and his, are companions, for now at least.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

What kind of house arrest monitoring device allows for a 5000ft radius from the base unit? that's almost a mile (1 mile = 5280ft). That whole out of place and ridiculously wrong exposition with the cop and the ankle bracelet just grates on my nerves.
I learned something after that long break, I just don't really care anymore about what happens to anyone. SP deleted, the episode after this one deleted unwatched, and today's episode canceled while recording and promptly deleted.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
What kind of house arrest monitoring device allows for a 5000ft radius from the base unit? that's almost a mile (1 mile = 5280ft). That whole out of place and ridiculously wrong exposition with the cop and the ankle bracelet just grates on my nerves.
I learned something after that long break, I just don't really care anymore about what happens to anyone. SP deleted, the episode after this one deleted unwatched, and today's episode canceled while recording and promptly deleted.
I think you are wrong about it being 5000 feet because

Spoiler:
he was arrested for being out of the zone when he went next door to Emily's house. She lives right next door, he can see her from his own house, so it's not a mile away.

Spoilerized because I think what I posted happens in the episode after the one this thread is for but I'm not sure.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Well, it has to have enough of a range for him to be able to move around in that house...
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
Amnesia
The Question

When Emily beat up that guy at the end, she first said "This is for Jack". Then at the end, she kicked him some more and said "this is for Daniel".

OK, I get why she was upset with him for Daniel, but what did that guy have to do with Jack?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
OK, I get why she was upset with him for Daniel, but what did that guy have to do with Jack?
Several episodes ago, Victoria sent "that guy" to Jack's house, searching for the tapes. Jack stumbled in upon him, and he beat Jack up.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #20
Amnesia
The Question

Thanks
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #21
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
When Emily beat up that guy at the end, she first said "This is for Jack". Then at the end, she kicked him some more and said "this is for Daniel".
To me that was an indication that under duress her true emotions are for Jack first.

Don't spoil this for me with recent updates because I'm weeks behind on episodes.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote