TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
nyny523
Oy

And again, Christina forgot her pants. But she remembered her studded leather diaper.

Yay...
Old 05-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
stalemate
McGruber

She put the "ass" in "class."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
And again, Christina forgot her pants. But she remembered her studded leather diaper.

Yay...
You'd think that it would be someone's job to check and make sure that she is wearing pants.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 AM   #4
Doggie Bear

As to the results . . . wha????

Oh well, at least Chriss Mann came in last. Nothing personal but take that, Xtina!
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Lucca in 3rd?
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
His duet with Adam on "Yesterday" gives me goosebumps.
Oh and the crack monday about 99 problems being derogatory to women? I guess blow my whistle (umm yeah we know what that's about) was ok? Xtina had her kid on her lap listening to that.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
markz
Hilarity Ensues

What the heck was Christina wearing? Did she come straight from the hotel pool?

I wanted Juliet to win. Overall I liked her the best, though I thought Tony killed it Monday night! He would have been my second choice, and then Jermaine in third, and Chris in fourth.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Cainebj

I am living in an alternate universe because in my universe Jermaine went home a month ago.

what the????
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
bryhamm
randomize

As long as Chris got 4th, I was fine with any of the others winning. I thought Tony should have, and couldn't believe he fell to 3rd.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I am living in an alternate universe because in my universe Jermaine went home a month ago.

what the????
I kind of agree. I thougt Blake made a mistake when he kept Jermaine. I guess I was wrong.

Apparently all of the final 4 from last year have released CDs so all four of the finalists have a good shot at making a record. That said, I can't see myself ever buying any of them.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
I kind of agree. I thougt Blake made a mistake when he kept Jermaine. I guess I was wrong.

Apparently all of the final 4 from last year have released CDs so all four of the finalists have a good shot at making a record. That said, I can't see myself ever buying any of them.
I'd consider one from Juliet if it got good buzz.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
dfergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
As long as Chris got 4th, I was fine with any of the others winning. I thought Tony should have, and couldn't believe he fell to 3rd.
Thank Christina for that I think...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
Tiggs

I'm happy for Jermaine. His voice, itself, doesn't absolutely "wow" me, but I was impressed with the styling and delivery of some of his performances. He made me feel something, enough to pay attention when he does put out new music. Whether I'll purchase or not will be dependent on the actual material he chooses, though. His isn't what I consider a "phone book" voice, one that I'd listen to singing absolutely anything.

I do like Erin's voice but, again, not wowed. She doesn't strike me as particularly artistic but, again, I'd consider purchasing a song if I really loved it. At this point, hard to imagine wanting an entire album.

Juliet's voice does "wow" me, but only when she's singing full-out, raw, rasp, "rocker chick" style. She delivers performances and emotionality but my ears absolutely cannot tolerate her softer-voiced, nasal, sound.

I like Chris Mann. I think his voice is good and he did make me feel something. Problem is that my brain can't help comparing Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli, who can both blow me away and/or move me to tears every time. Any purchases would have to be on a song-by-song basis and I'd really have to love the material enough to overcome the comparison.

Katrina is the one I think I might most like to hear an entire album from. Oh and the piano player....eeek can't think of his name at the moment. Wore a hat, kinda bluesy...really liked him. I might also enjoy an album from him.

Tony impressed me. I do like his voice, but I'd also need to really like the material to consider purchasing. I didn't know "Hit Me Baby One More Time" was actually a real song until I heard Tony's rendition of it. (Don't bash me, Brittney fans; I obey my ears, that's all. They've just never cared for her voice.)

Lindsay had some moments I enjoyed. I might enjoy a particular song/performance on a case by case basis, but I don't imagine wanting to listen to an entire album.

Overall, I'm much happier with these two season of 'The Voice' than I've ever been with 'American Idol', which I've tried to watch and just can't stick with. I did very much enjoy 'Next Great American Band' and was sorry to see it end with only the one season. I also enjoyed 'Can You Duet' on CMT.
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post
Thank Christina for that I think...
You think so? I doubt her comments had that much of an impact. Who really knows though.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I'd consider one from Juliet if it got good buzz.
She's in a band called Automatic Loveletter with her brother. I listened to a little on rhapsody and didn't love it, even though she was my favorite contestant on the show.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
Mikeyis4dcats

I thought Tony should have won, followed by Juliet/Jermaine (too close to call) then Chris.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
You'd think that it would be someone's job to check and make sure that she is wearing pants.
How do I go about applying for that job? Is it part-time or full-time?

Last edited by getreal : 05-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #17
ConstableClyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
She put the "ass" in "class."
Nice!
ConstableClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #18
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Christina's snobbery did Chris Mann a disfavor.

This was kind of a '94 Olympics result. The two rivals didn't win.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #19
mqpickles

Tiggs-- What about Jamar? I would buy his album.
mqpickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
Tiggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqpickles View Post
Tiggs-- What about Jamar? I would buy his album.
I enjoyed Jamar's performances and I think he stood out as the most creative with covers. I would purchase on a song by song basis. He mentioned he's into electronica which really isn't my cup of tea, but I'm open to being surprised. I guess he slipped my mind because I doubt I'll be into the same thing he's into.
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #21
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

So my friend I'm visiting is making me watch all these catch up videos of this show this season and I have to ask WTF. Tony was awesome. I mean really awesome. I will be buying his CD. Cannot believe he came in third.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #22
stalemate
McGruber

I found Tony to be extremely irritating and I wished he would have been out sooner.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate
I found Tony to be extremely irritating and I wished he would have been out sooner.
Really? What did you find annoying about him? Obviously just watching a dozen or so various performances of the final 4 only allowed me to see a bit into the season.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

While being a better overall performer, with good stage presence and the ability to dance, Tony did not have a better voice than Katrina. My final four would have been Erin, Katrina, Juliette, and whoever was against Chris. But I really would like to hear Chris Mann sing "YMCA" opera style.