Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #61
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Do I remember that Robert actually invested in something? Didn't he go in with Cuban on something?
I think that was at the end of the previous episode, where Cuban and Robert each got 20% of Lollacup for $50k.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #62
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

I just bought one of the Lollacups. I can't believe that no one had thought of a weighted straw before. They need to expand the market to adult beverage cups Brilliant!!!

ETA: It was $20 CDN...I think I saw them for $16 on a US site. I guess their original price point of $10-12 didn't fly with the Sharks.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #63
pmyers

I was just thinking back to how much I disliked when Foxworthy was on the show /shudder
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #64
pmyers

btw I did buy one of those beer sleeve coolers for golfers from the guy on the show in a past season. It was actually 2 for 1 and I gave one to a buddy.

It was a shame the Sharks didn't realize how many "hackers" sneak beers onto a golf course! lol
Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #65
GoHalos

Quote:
It was a shame the Sharks didn't realize how many "hackers" sneak beers onto a golf course! lol
From what I can remember about that episode, it wasn't so much that they didn't realize the number of people that do it, but that they didn't want to be part of a "rule-breaking" product.

Just about every golf course has a rule against brining outside beverages onto the course. Some don't enforce the rule as much as others, but that's another conversation. Now, don't get me wrong, my friends and I will sneak a few beers onto the course as well. I think the Sharks just didn't want the bad publicity/liability, etc.
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #66
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHalos View Post
From what I can remember about that episode, it wasn't so much that they didn't realize the number of people that do it, but that they didn't want to be part of a "rule-breaking" product.

Just about every golf course has a rule against brining outside beverages onto the course. Some don't enforce the rule as much as others, but that's another conversation. Now, don't get me wrong, my friends and I will sneak a few beers onto the course as well. I think the Sharks just didn't want the bad publicity/liability, etc.
I see your point and they may be true, but I specifically remember the sharks saying something like "If I'm going to spend $200 on a round of golf then I'm going to enjoy an expensive brandy. I don't understand why somebody would sneak beers" or something like that. Or I just could be remembering it wrong.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #67
GoHalos

Quote:
I see your point and they may be true, but I specifically remember the sharks saying something like "If I'm going to spend $200 on a round of golf then I'm going to enjoy an expensive brandy. I don't understand why somebody would sneak beers" or something like that. Or I just could be remembering it wrong.
I just checked it on Hulu, and the first comment out of Robert's mouth was, "There is no course out there that will let you bring your own beverage. You know that." The Sharks were also concerned about that the coolers were not very unique and, as you said in your prior post, have a limited market. They basically said it was a terrible idea. Kind of harsh, actually. I think there is a market for it, as I've seen other products out there to sneak alcohol onto the golf course for many years (i.e., the hollowed-out fake driver with a tap).
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote