TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
bryhamm
randomize

The Voice - 5/7/12 - finalists perform

Thought Juliet was the strongest coming in, but Tony and Jermaine both outperformed her tonight imo. I really liked Tony tonight, and have him just edging out Jermaine. Juliet in 3rd and Chris a very distant 4th.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
mqpickles

Tony was the only one who stretched tonight. And the Yesterday duet was an inspired choice.

I think Freebird was a terrible choice for Juliet, and Born to be Wild was a mistake too. Karaoke selections. But she sang well, especially for being sick.

Jermaine is talented, but his last three songs have been power ballads from the last 20-30 years. He should have gone up tempo and more modern at least once (other than the duet).

I like Chris Mann's voice, but I may be biased because he's from Wichita and I'm slightly acquainted with his family.
mqpickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

I think the competition is Tony's to lose. He has a terrific voice and stage presence.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I have been pulling for Juliet all along, but for this episode, I thought Tony did fantastic. The other two (especially Chris) just don't do it for me. I fast forward past most of Chris' performances. He has a great voice, but I don't like the style of songs he sings. And Jermaine is good, but Tony & especially Juliet often wow me with their performances.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I like Juliet and was hoping she would win but she has been less consistent on a week by week basis, having a few shining moments to help us overlook the average weeks.

Tony is the most consistent week in an out in my opinion. He is a good performer and I kind of want him to win to spite Christina, who seems to want to torpedo his chances every week. I thought her comment last night about his song choice was ridiculous. Say you are not a fan of the song but critique the performance don't tag Tony and Adam as demeaning to women.

I liked Chris more last night than any other night. He was really good on that Josh Groban song and his duet with Christina was also very good.

Jermaine, I just don't like his style that much. He has a tendency to over sing songs.

In the end I am rooting for Juliet or Tony. I would be happy with either of them. Next comes Chris, in spite of his coach, and Jermaine.

Last edited by Maui : 05-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Tony is the most consistent week in an out in my opinion. He is a good performer and I kind of want him him to spite Christina, who seems to want to torpedo his chances every week. I thought her comment last night about his song choice was ridiculous. Say you are not a fan of the song but critique the performance don't tag Tony and Adam as demeaning to women.
She really does seem to have it in for him for some reason. I haven't heard her criticize anyone else the way she does him. It is less about his singing and more about him personally it seems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

I'm tired of Christina. "99 Problems" is a song about a confrontation with a cop and a K9 dog.

You'd think a pop star would know a little about pop music.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #8
Lori
Social Defective

I was pulling for Juliet coming in, but Tony kind of knocked it out of the park. Plus, he sang my favorite Maroon 5 song.

If Adam wins for the second year, that's going to make the blind auditions next year...interesting to say the least.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
If Adam wins for the second year, that's going to make the blind auditions next year...interesting to say the least.
Good point. Didn't even really think about that.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

I have a little "inside scoop" about Tony and Christina. A very good friend of mine from high school was cast coordinator for Mickey Mouse Club back in the 90's when Christina and Tony and Justin Timberlake and Brittney Spears were all in the cast. Christina had a huge crush on Tony and he just wasn't into her. Christina is incredibly bitter about her MMC days and having Tony Lucca on the Voice just stirred all that back up again.
According my my friend Christina wasn't a very nice person even way back then.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
I was pulling for Juliet coming in, but Tony kind of knocked it out of the park. Plus, he sang my favorite Maroon 5 song.

Plus it will make him seem like a Genius for tipping the balance in Tony's favor over Katrina last week.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
hollowas

I haven't like Jermaine at all during the season. He has a good voice, but there is something "bland" about it. However, I actually really liked how he sang some of Blake's song. The moments he sang country during the song were good... the moments he sang pop during the song were bland.

Getting really tired of listening to Christina. Very self-centred and immature.

Last edited by hollowas : 05-08-2012 at 12:48 PM.
hollowas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'm still rooting for Chris Mann. I absolutely love his voice. I'm not thrilled with any of the others but, hey, what do I know, right? LOL

Hot4Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #14
Mikeyis4dcats

I should be rooting for the fellow Kansas, but Tony Lucca should win. Chris has a good voice, but his genre just isn't my thing.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote