TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Gerryex

Desperate Housewives - Whole Season **SPOILERS**

Hi ALL,

I started this thread as the other thread implies spoilers only up to a certain date while this thread should allow for spoilers for the whole season.

As I have said before in other posts, the ONLY reason I'm still watching is that this is the final season and I want to see how they are going to end it.

That being said the only thing I wanted to mention is that it seems that the whole season is just dragging along. I think there are 2 or 3 more episodes BEFORE the 2 hour series finale. It just feels like there are more episodes than in previous seasons. And some of the events are taking a long time to happen. For example, in the last episode (3/25) it seemed certain that Bree was going to be arrested but that actually did not happen in that episode! The teaser for the upcoming episode does show her being arrested but some events are taking forever to happen.

I for one will be glad when its over and I don't have to bother with it any more. Of course I could just stop watching it now but I CAN'T!!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Hi ALL,

I started this thread as the other thread implies spoilers only up to a certain date while this thread should allow for spoilers for the whole season.

As I have said before in other posts, the ONLY reason I'm still watching is that this is the final season and I want to see how they are going to end it.

That being said the only thing I wanted to mention is that it seems that the whole season is just dragging along. I think there are 2 or 3 more episodes BEFORE the 2 hour series finale. It just feels like there are more episodes than in previous seasons. And some of the events are taking a long time to happen. For example, in the last episode (3/25) it seemed certain that Bree was going to be arrested but that actually did not happen in that episode! The teaser for the upcoming episode does show her being arrested but some events are taking forever to happen.

I for one will be glad when its over and I don't have to bother with it any more. Of course I could just stop watching it now but I CAN'T!!!

Gerry
Yeah, this has been the sentiment in the other thread. Most of us are just watching to see how it ends. If there were going to be another season or more I'd quit watching. The plot lines are beyond ridiculous including the main season story line where Gabby's tormentor was murdered. It was simple self defense and with that many witnesses there's no way, despite Carlos' record he could have ever been convicted. The whole thing is dumb.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Cainebj

OK me too. Just starting to watch again to see how it wraps up. I was kind of watching the "last week" wrap ups when I could.

I'm actually watching now through the rest of the season and the first question I have is...

when the hell did Mike die and what killed him?
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
debtoine
WTTWDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
when the hell did Mike die and what killed him?
Mike got killed a few weeks ago by a Bookie. Rene's boyfriend borrowed money from him, and the guy came to her house looking to get more out of her. Mike got involved, coming to her defense, and the guy threatened him that he better watch out. Of course, Mike wasn't scared.

Cut to an episode or 2 later and he and Susan were at the police station asking for protection because Mike told her about it so she was scared. The police said they couldn't get involved until something happened. Later, Susan and Mike were sitting on their front porch chatting. Susan got up to go inside (I think she's the one who got up), and then a car pulled up. The guy in the passenger seat yelled, "Hey Mike!" and pulled a gun. Mike stood up and pushed Susan into the house, and the guy fired, hitting him in the chest and killing him.

deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
debtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtoine View Post
Mike got killed a few weeks ago by a Bookie. Rene's boyfriend borrowed money from him, and the guy came to her house looking to get more out of her. Mike got involved, coming to her defense, and the guy threatened him that he better watch out. Of course, Mike wasn't scared.

Cut to an episode or 2 later and he and Susan were at the police station asking for protection because Mike told her about it so she was scared. The police said they couldn't get involved until something happened. Later, Susan and Mike were sitting on their front porch chatting. Susan got up to go inside (I think she's the one who got up), and then a car pulled up. The guy in the passenger seat yelled, "Hey Mike!" and pulled a gun. Mike stood up and pushed Susan into the house, and the guy fired, hitting him in the chest and killing him.

deb
Does Susan have some legal grounds to sue the police department? They asked for help and were denied. Maybe this will be the catalyst to get them to back off Bree?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtoine View Post
Mike got killed a few weeks ago by a Bookie.
deb
thanks deb - i appreciate your taking the time to write a recap.

hmmmm.
something actually happened and i missed it.
i wonder if James Denton is going to sue Marc Cherry?

Last edited by Cainebj : 04-07-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: more
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Last night was just as ridiculous as the rest of the season. The fact that the women are apparently so skillful at hiding Alejandro's death from a top-notch attorney, the fact that he (a) didn't sic that private detective on Bree herself and (b) was STILL defending her without knowing the full story, Tom and Lynette almost getting back together until something stupid stands in the way...

I've never been a fan of how they've treated the Tom and Lynette pair, and I hated the divorce story line; I've always felt like the writers have been comparatively rougher on them...there seems to be one of those in every series (Mark Greene on ER, for example). Just, ugh.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
LifeIsABeach

I was hoping for an exciting, unexpected series finale, but it seems like we are going to get Bree's trial, Julie's baby, Renee's wedding, Tom & Lynette's marriage... Good for a season finale, but pretty lame for a series finale. Maybe a last-minute earthquake will swallow the whole Lane.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
I was hoping for an exciting, unexpected series finale, but it seems like we are going to get Bree's trial, Julie's baby, Renee's wedding, Tom & Lynette's marriage... Good for a season finale, but pretty lame for a series finale. Maybe a last-minute earthquake will swallow the whole Lane.
Don't forget an end to the McCluskey story line. I'm thinking it won't be a happy ending.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
Spoiler:
Lots of previous stars (alive and dead) coming back - so I think the stuff there will be more going than just the above.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Finally get the Finale this week (it sucks they put it on opposite of the Survivor finale, but I guess it doesn't really matter in the land of DVRs). The season has sucked more than any season previously, and maybe as bad as any other show I used to like. But I'm curious as most of us who've stuck with it to see how it all shakes out. I really never thought, in the end we were supposed to HATE these people, but really, I can't think of a character on the show that I really like and root for (of the major characters, not the supporting cast). I feel sorry for Bree, but never liked her. Lynette made the bed she's in and Tom was dumb enough to put up with her all these years. Gabby and Carlos are so self centers (and their kids are the same). Susan has become so ditzy that's she's had to care about. I used to like Mike, but he's dead. Renee, I never liked, she's Gabby with an even worse attitude. None of them, to me, the way they eventually got written have any redeeming qualities anymore.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
zalusky

So what are the SWAG predictions. Mike Cherry has said he had the very last part planned from the beginning. These are my guesses - nothing I have read anywhere.

1) Mary Alice puts down the gun after flashing forward the entire series and says I can't do that to my friends.
2) Karen arrives in heaven and sees all her old friends including Mary Alice
3) All the housewives become single again and move away to new Wisteria Lanes (As it should be)
4) They all go to Jail AKA Seinfeld for being idiots - I wished.
5) Mary Alice who has been doing the voice over is in reality a screen writer and its just a novel.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
So what are the SWAG predictions. Mike Cherry has said he had the very last part planned from the beginning. These are my guesses - nothing I have read anywhere.

1) Mary Alice puts down the gun after flashing forward the entire series and says I can't do that to my friends.
3) All the housewives become single again and move away to new Wisteria Lanes (As it should be)
5) Mary Alice who has been doing the voice over is in reality a screen writer and its just a novel.
I think 1 and 5 are certainly possibilities. I think think it's 2, because I don't think Karen was on the show early on and if he's had the last scene planned, that couldn't be it. Three? I've seen no indication that Gabby and Carlos are splitting despite their fighting over his job. Of course you consider "single" Carlos going to jail, then, yeah, could be. I'd love to see 4, because..ummmm...they ARE idiots for covering up a crime that really wasn't a crime.

I've always kind of thought that Mary Alice really isn't dead. So I'll lean toward some sort of resolution where much of what we've seen is just M.A. pondering one what might happen if she killed herself.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I think 1 and 5 are certainly possibilities. I think think it's 2, because I don't think Karen was on the show early on and if he's had the last scene planned, that couldn't be it. Three? I've seen no indication that Gabby and Carlos are splitting despite their fighting over his job. Of course you consider "single" Carlos going to jail, then, yeah, could be. I'd love to see 4, because..ummmm...they ARE idiots for covering up a crime that really wasn't a crime.

I've always kind of thought that Mary Alice really isn't dead. So I'll lean toward some sort of resolution where much of what we've seen is just M.A. pondering one what might happen if she killed herself.
The actress who plays Karen also has cancer in real life. I don't think Marc Cherry could have planned on her even being there in the end.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:

6) Paul Young wakes up in his bed, goes to the bathroom and finds Mary Alice in the shower.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
6) Paul Young wakes up in his bed, goes to the bathroom and finds Mary Alice in the shower.
Or...

Paul Young wakes up in bed and Sue Ellen Mishke is there, with no bra on, and he suddenly gets a hankering for an O'Henry bar
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
And then he shoots her!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Mikeyis4dcats

Thank god it's finally over. Mike was the only character I liked consistetnly.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats View Post
Thank god it's finally over. Mike was the only character I liked consistetnly.

Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Glad it's over.

We stuck with it since the beginning, but glad it's over.

Should be interesting seeing how they end it all.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #21
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Glad it's over.

We stuck with it since the beginning, but glad it's over.

Should be interesting seeing how they end it all.
Same here. I am sad to see what was once a great show go. I don't often let shows go once I start them and this was no exception. I stuck through the good and the bad. The 100th episode may go down as one of the top 5 episodes of any TV show ever for me.

As much as I dislike the show now I am glad that it's getting a real ending and will be over soon.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
NJChris
Moogs!

I'm hoping it flashes to Mary Alice putting the gun down and realizing it isn't herself she should be using the gun on. Then goes on a rampage on the street and she is the only one left...walking away... happy at last.
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #23
alpacaboy

I just saw a promo for the Finale, and it just felt like a reminder that the best stuff was in Season 1.
alpacaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #24
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I didn't totally hate the ending. It felt rushed even though they had plenty of time to wrap things up. It was sad to see Mrs. McClusky go.

I LOVE that they found a way to work Christine Estabrook in there. She is my favorite resident of Wisteria Lane!

I find it so strange that ANY man would want to be with Bree. Most of her former husbands/boyfriends ended up dead or severely disabled. The lawyer did a lot of digging into her past. Surely he knew.

It was nice to see what happened to them after they left the lane. I'm just glad it's over.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #25
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I was in Twitter early this evening, around 7 or 8. Here's a conversation I had with someone.

Quote:
@MyFriend the finale of Desperate Housewives was the most perfect ending to a series ever. Other writers should take note. Utterly satisfying ends.

@gchance Great! I'll be watching in an hour. Hint, hint.

@MyFriend theres never been a better last 5 min. we rewatched it multiple times. its perfect. &#^$ing perfect.

@gchance As much as I want to believe you, I find it hard to believe. We shall see.

@gchance I've also been fairly disappointed with it since about halfway through season 1. Yet I still watched. :P

@MyFriend i can tell you that every single story arc is finished in a amazing way. i mean, nothing is left wondering 'wonder what happened?'

@gchance Every single arc... now you have me thinking of dropped arcs hahaha

@gchance Do they bring up the daughter's toxic shock? Oh wait, that's Nip/Tuck.

@MyFriend you tell me later. i'll say the only person i didnt see was nicollette sheridan (sp)... obviously
He's obviously an escaped mental patient. The only thing satisfying about that ending was that, well, it's over. I've watched from day one but I didn't recognize a lot of those people.

Ah well.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #26
Sacrilegium
that weird guy

I guess we don't find out if Orson ever got his comeuppance for (among other things) murdering a police officer.

Speaking of police officers, I guess they just dropped the storyline about the one cop faking evidence in order to prosecute Bree.

I also guess AJ can forget about his new cadre of substitute dads who helped him build that race car and would always be there for him. So much for that.

Oh well. At least it's over.
Sacrilegium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
LifeIsABeach

Quote:
Mike Cherry has said he had the very last part planned from the beginning.
If this is true please remind me not to watch any more of his shows. What exactly did he have planned from the beginning? The ghosts of old residents? Everyone moving away eventually? The new neighbor with the secret? Very mediocre finale.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #28
Alfer
WOOSAH!

I agree.

Overall pretty "Meh" finale overall. Lot's of hurry up and get this over with stuff it seemed.

They still found a way to beat the dead horse that was the Lynette/Tom whiny mariiage problems.

Oh well, we've watched every episode, so we couldn't miss this one.

Glad I have one less SP to worry about now.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #29
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
I was in Twitter early this evening, around 7 or 8. Here's a conversation I had with someone.

He's obviously an escaped mental patient. The only thing satisfying about that ending was that, well, it's over. I've watched from day one but I didn't recognize a lot of those people.

Ah well.

Greg
Well it certainly wasn't the most "perfect" ending. That award goes to Six Feet Under.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #30
zalusky

Well the ghosts showed people that would be going down under as well as those rising up! I guess that must mean the ghost of Edit Britt is still in purgatory (I mean court) to wander the lane.

At least I get a 1/2 point for my #3 prediction.