TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
tiams

Girls S1E4 Hannah's Diary OAD 5/6/12

I couldn't quite tell if the girls in Hannah's office were messing with her or not. The eyebrows felt like they were playing a joke on her, but they seemed sincere when they were telling her what she should do about her terrible boyfriend.

The depiction of sexual harassment felt very much like the way it must happen frequently in everyday life all across America.
It felt like a real life situation when the boss told her to say something if the touching was something she didn't want and she still couldn't tell him to stop being a creep. She doesn't want to lose her job. It also felt reasonable when the women were telling her all the reasons they put up with his sexual harassment.

Similarly, Marnie isn't happy with Charlie, but can't bring herself to tear the band-aid off (or her limb) and just break up with him. It's easier to just go along with a crappy situation sometimes. At work or in a relationship. Same reason Hannah lets her b/f treat her like crap.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
billypritchard
Embiggener

I don't think Hannah's coworkers were messing with her. They truly saw a distinction between the boss and the boyfriend. Well, not really a boyfriend, eh?

Poor Shoshanna. But was that really realistic? Would I guy really not go through with sex in that situation? She's totally hot, deal with the repurcussions later!

Not cool to rifle through the stuff, but Charlie needed to know he should get out now with Marnie. Dump her butt.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Man, who still handwrites journals these days? WAY too risky. Encrypted files are where it's at.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

I liked Questionable Goods' "Hannah's Diary" song way better than their first song.

This show is growing on me. Some really good characters and funny situations.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote