Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #121
wendiness1
WiiMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I think that's the point Wendiness was trying to make when she said, "I rest my case." She was saying that in response to a post that said, "Superficial women. Only women who care too much about their appearance." I think her point is that most women fall into the description of superficial, vain, and caring too much about their appearance.
Thanks for the support. But, um, actually, no. I don't think it's just superficial vanity.

Look, while many men don't like being bald they don't have their masculinity torn away by it. We as a society are used to seeing bald-headed men. They don't get gawked at. Nobody says they look feminine. Bald-headed women still get stared at. And it does affect how they are perceived. Consider how Kim's mustache has been mocked here. Many women have them but hide them because they are considered masculine.

Bierboy, I'm thrilled that your wife won the battle and that she managed to get through the chemo and hair loss with her dignity intact. But I'll bet that given her drothers she'd rather have achieved all that WITHOUT losing her hair if possible.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #122
Necromancer2006

Or, perhaps she realized that in the grand scheme of things, hair is pretty low on the list?
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #123
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
Or, perhaps she realized that in the grand scheme of things, hair is pretty low on the list?
But did she shave her head before cancer?

Because you people are acting as if it's not an important physical characteristic?

Who is to say what is important to whom? If she does it for $20K, is she just after money? That seems just as superficial?
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #124
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
But did she shave her head before cancer?

Because you people are acting as if it's not an important physical characteristic?

Who is to say what is important to whom? If she does it for $20K, is she just after money? That seems just as superficial?
Wait. What???

They're racing for a million dollars. What else is it about if not the money??????