TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

The Vampire Diaires - "Before Sunset" - 5/3/12

Well well well. That was all kinds of amazing fun! Why can't every episode be that awesome. (And I say that even without Elijah! The world might be ending today, y'all)

EvilAlaric is 10000x more badass and fun to watch than Klaus on his best [worst] day. I really hope he sticks around for next season because this is a bad guy I can root for! And let's face it, in the overall grand scheme he's right! The world would be so much better if they deleted all vamps. Except that then we wouldn't have a show and I'd never have hope for another 5 minute tease of Elijah on my screen. Matt Davis has confirmed once and for all that he has been utterly wasted in every episode [other than his Klaus possession] up to this point.

I liked the twist that he can't live forever but it's very amusing that yet another character NEEDS Elena to be safe. Ha!

Stefan was the runner up MVP this episode for that exchange with Klaus at the end. I dare say he looked a bit sad watching Klaus shrivel up, no?? Was I imagining that? Maybe there was some actual "brotherhood" to them in the 20s that his ripper self hasn't completely forgotten. Also when he told Klaus he and Damon are closer than ever, I awww'd. I don't exactly like them agreeing to leave town if she picks the other though because we all know she's going to pick Stefan if it comes down to it. Is it also bad of me that for a minute I wished Klaus would have killed her so these two could stop competing for her almighty love? I know, I know, not a show without her. Bah.

YAY! Caroline and Tyler made it through the episode and are all lovey dovey again. I was truly scared that Tyler wasn't going to make it once Klaus realized he was no longer sired. Whew!

I also liked Klaus acting like a spoiled child outside throwing random things in at them and Damon acting like a child in return with "missed me" Ha! Still, as fun as that was, the first person that compares it to Elijah and the most awesome of all awesome Elijah moments, of the coin toss through the window, will lose an eye!

So now I'm wondering if they will leave Klaus in the ocean or if it's just a tease and he'll manage his way back next week. I'll have to call BS if so.

Also this is a spoiler of sorts for next week so beware before you open!!
Spoiler:
Elijah returns next week! WOOOOHOOO!!!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
billypritchard
Embiggener

I'd love for them to take a Klaus break for a while, but I doubt it happens. Somehow Elena's life will be tied to his and he'll be back. Blah.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
billypritchard
Embiggener

The scene with all the kids having a nice normal time was something this show desperately needed, but I wish I could have enjoyed it without expecting someone to fly in and stab someone.

Hey show, how about a few more moments of goodness!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
hummingbird_206

I guess I should just face it. They are never going to kill off Bonnie and Jeremy. I hate them.

I love Ric as the badass. I know he's right. But I hate that he's now against the Scooby gang.

Wonder what caused Elena to collapse at the end.

And the season finale is next week. Damn! This season flew by.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Matt Davis has confirmed once and for all that he has been utterly wasted in every episode [other than his Klaus possession] up to this point.
What does this mean (did I miss something)? The actor said he has been wasted when shooting the show? Drunk or high?
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
What does this mean (did I miss something)? The actor said he has been wasted when shooting the show? Drunk or high?
Oh no! Matt Davis didn't confirm with words in an interview. He confirmed with how effing amazing he was in this episode that IMO he's been nothing but wasted until now. Sorry didn't mean to confuse!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Oh no! Matt Davis didn't confirm with words in an interview. He confirmed with how effing amazing he was in this episode that IMO he's been nothing but wasted until now. Sorry didn't mean to confuse!
Haha. I see what you meant now - didn't really picture him as a Lindsey Lohan style actor!
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Agatha Mystery

So a chick with next to no blood is going to drink? Yeah, that's a good idea.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Picture recap up!
http://www.tv.com/news/the-vampire-d...o-recap-28569/

And I'm so glad Price mentions that Stefan looked upset during that scene with Klaus. Look at his face in this cap!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
cheesesteak
Meh.

The whole "She must choose one" stuff is crap. She's spent every episode of this show being in love with Stefan and basically tells Damon to go bleep himself every other episode and now she must choose because of one lousy kiss? I hate the lovey-schmovey parts of this show but if they're going to keep hammering us with them, they should acknowledge that she's showed almost no motivation for choosing Damon.

Alaric is 10x the bad guy that Klaus is. However, he has the same fault as every other vampire on this show in that he gives more than a rat's ass about what Elena thinks.

I laughed when Caroline was running from Alaric and couldn't make it into her car. You're a vampire, girl. Super speed run the heck out of there. Head for the hills.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The whole "She must choose one" stuff is crap. She's spent every episode of this show being in love with Stefan and basically tells Damon to go bleep himself every other episode and now she must choose because of one lousy kiss? I hate the lovey-schmovey parts of this show but if they're going to keep hammering us with them, they should acknowledge that she's showed almost no motivation for choosing Damon.
I agree in theory but I'm willing to bet that one make out session with Damon was hotter than any with Stefan. So I'm thinking she's just confusing lust with love and who can blame her after everything they have both done, good and bad... along with all the other trauma in her life. Obviously in the long run, she'll be with Stefan.

Quote:
Alaric is 10x the bad guy that Klaus is. However, he has the same fault as every other vampire on this show in that he gives more than a rat's ass about what Elena thinks.
I don't think he cares what Elena thinks but I do hate that his life is tied to hers.

Quote:
I laughed when Caroline was running from Alaric and couldn't make it into her car. You're a vampire, girl. Super speed run the heck out of there. Head for the hills.
Storyline contrivance. I know almost everything on the show is but stuff like this is blatant and annoying when they do it.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
hummingbird_206

Agree, I don't think Ric cares about Elena except that now his life is tied to hers.

And in a show full of contrived crap, I thought that Caroline being freaked out and not thinking to just run away was believeable. She's not the brightest bulb after all.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post
So a chick with next to no blood is going to drink? Yeah, that's a good idea.
Just finished watching this episode and this is what stood out in my mind. Just 2 minutes earlier, she complains about the headache due to have half her blood drained. Then she's inside taking shots of tequila. She should be eating a cookie.