TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #181
Rickvz
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl
Yeah I know that now.
It's my own fault for getting click happy and not paying attention.
Lol. I don't think there are any real spoilers yet. Really it may even be a safe thread for those that have asked about clarification from the books or don't mind hearing how some scenes compare.

Last edited by Rickvz : 05-03-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Rickvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #182
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostman View Post
How about this. I'm a book reader. I'm offering to explain anything anyone is confused about. Instead of asking here - PM me and I'll answer you there. Your question gets answered and these threads stay clean.
There's a lot of questions I don't think to ask, but when I see them asked and answered I find them very interesting. I'd hate seeing that disappear into PMs
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #183
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

That warlock guy was creepy. Double creepy.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #184
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
I think the locale was called "Torrin's Square", it was the place that Bron was informed had been attacked after he had held court. Also note that Bron's dream of the sea washing over Winterfell "predicted" this as the raven leading him to the crypt presaged his father's death.
But Bran was informed that it was attacked by Lanister soldiers. Was that a mistaken report? Or are there going to be a three sides cluster-fisk there when 200 Stark bannermen collide with the Lanister soldiers and Thoen's pirates?
(BTW don't actually want answers, just speculating on where the show might go. And of course waiting impatiently for the next episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Just to be clear, they are going to kill off a former Ranger turned Wildling? Why would he want to stay north of the wall forever?? And what does killing this man gain the Night's Watch? Little lost on that.
They certainly seem to want to take that ex-ranger out. But when they were talking about it they're worried that he's organizing the wildlings and will lead them in a succesful attack against the south. (No one, even wildlings wants to stay north of the wall with a long winter coming and the white walkers (and gods knows what else) stirring.

Eliminate him and the chances that the wildlings can successfully overwhelm the watch and destroy the south's defenses against the northern threats is vastly lessened.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #185
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
That warlock guy was creepy. Double creepy.
Don't forget the freaky chick in the mask. Not double freaky though, just single freaky.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #186
Demandred
RPSLS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S
But Bran was informed that it was attacked by Lanister soldiers. Was that a mistaken report? Or are there going to be a three sides cluster-fisk there when 200 Stark bannermen collide with the Lanister soldiers and Thoen's pirates?
My take was that they just assumed it was Lannisters attacking. That's who they're at war with, after all. They have no idea that Greyjoy is even their enemy yet.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #187
Aniketos

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Don't forget the freaky chick in the mask. Not double freaky though, just single freaky.
I laughed at that. It was like "throwing the cat" trope, Warlock guys pops out of nowhere to be freaky. Then weird lady pops out of no one to be freaky. I joked and said Rickon should pop out next to just finish this out.

Lo and behold, Rickon comes back (although not creepy) for the first time in God knows how many episodes.
Aniketos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #188
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
But Bran was informed that it was attacked by Lanister soldiers. Was that a mistaken report?
No he wasn't. Brans advisor assumed it was the lannisters. Here's the exact exchange:

Guy with weird beard: Lord Stark, Torrens Square is under seige.
Brans advisor: Torrens Square is barely 40 leagues from here. How can the Lannisters strike so far north?
Guy with weird beard: It might be a raiding party led by the Mountain. Might be sellswords paid by Tywin Lannister

So they clearly didn't know the details and just assumed, since the Lannisters are their only known enemies at that point.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #189
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
No he wasn't. Brans advisor assumed it was the lannisters. Here's the exact exchange:

Guy with weird beard: Lord Stark, Torrens Square is under seige.
Brans advisor: Torrens Square is barely 40 leagues from here. How can the Lannisters strike so far north?
Guy with weird beard: It might be a raiding party led by the Mountain. Might be sellswords paid by Tywin Lannister

So they clearly didn't know the details and just assumed, since the Lannisters are their only known enemies at that point.
Ah. Thanks for posting that.

I remembered the Lanister's bit, and guessing about which group of them, but missed/didn't remember it was total speculation. (As opposed to seeing people with Lanister standards attacking, but not being sure who led them)
Old 05-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #190
stellie93

I thought Rickon was a little creepy. He's not a baby after all.

I was wondering if the connection to the wolves is stronger in the Stark children the younger they are--like kids are supposedly more open to ghosts and stuff than adults. We know Bran is very close to his wolf, but we don't really know what Rickon is up to. Maybe he's even more so involved with running the fields with Shaggy dog and that's why he acts so wild and crazy with people.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #191
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Yeah, it seem that way, didn't it. The manner in which he sat there smashing the nuts almost seemed like someone who had gone mad. But I suppose that's probably how a bored little kit having to sit in on some boring council meeting would probably act.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #192
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Yeah, it seem that way, didn't it. The manner in which he sat there smashing the nuts almost seemed like someone who had gone mad. But I suppose that's probably how a bored little kit having to sit in on some boring council meeting would probably act.
Right...bear in mind, they'd probably been there all day, listen to people whine about tedious little problems no one but the whiner could possibly care about. It's amazing that everybody else wasn't smashing nuts on the table.

Seriously, though, I think the point wasn't how "nuts" Rickon was, but how unnaturally mature Bran was.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #193
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post

I was wondering if the connection to the wolves is stronger in the Stark children the younger they are--like kids are supposedly more open to ghosts and stuff than adults. We know Bran is very close to his wolf, but we don't really know what Rickon is up to. Maybe he's even more so involved with running the fields with Shaggy dog and that's why he acts so wild and crazy with people.
All the wolves have some telepathy with their Stark master. Robb's grey stalks and attacks the correct people at the right time, and Robb is hardly a young one.

I loved the imagery of Bran's dream of water spilling over the walls (greyjoys).
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #194
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Does anyone know how fast HBO puts this up on GO each week? Is it immediately? I know it's there by mid morning but I'm leaving Monday at 6am for Florida and I don't see me staying up to watch this Sunday night. I'm hoping to watch it on the flight. I don't think I can wait almost a week to watch it.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #195
Ereth

According to the ads, it's available as soon as the original airing is over. They always have an ad to "Watch it again on HBO Go, with the enhanced information".

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #196
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth
According to the ads, it's available as soon as the original airing is over. They always have an ad to "Watch it again on HBO Go, with the enhanced information".
Awesome thanks!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #197
LordKronos

Quote:
Does anyone know how fast HBO puts this up on GO each week? Is it immediately? I know it's there by mid morning but I'm leaving Monday at 6am for Florida and I don't see me staying up to watch this Sunday night. I'm hoping to watch it on the flight. I don't think I can wait almost a week to watch it.
I hope you are sitting in the back row. Otherwise I'd be too nervous to watch this show on a plane. The kid behind you will be looking over your shoulder and them some Littlefinger brothel scene pops up
Old 05-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #198
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
I hope you are sitting in the back row. Otherwise I'd be too nervous to watch this show on a plane. The kid behind you will be looking over your shoulder and them some Littlefinger brothel scene pops up
Trust me, no kids ever look over my shoulder.
Now I'm thinking the wifi might not be great enough on the plane for HD streaming so I might have to wait until I'm there. My friends are going to be saying WTF when I tell them I need an hour to watch the show. Hee!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #199
Ereth

Quote:
Trust me, no kids ever look over my shoulder.
Wear something low cut, they'll look over your shoulder then!

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #200
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Wear something low cut, they'll look over your shoulder then!
but no.
Do you realize how hard it's going to be for me to not watch this tonight?? Even if I wanted to stay up to watch, my mom will be here (she's staying at my house while I'm gone to help with my diabetic kitty) and I know she has no interest in it and would freak out over some of the content.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #201
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
but no.
Do you realize how hard it's going to be for me to not watch this tonight?? Even if I wanted to stay up to watch, my mom will be here (she's staying at my house while I'm gone to help with my diabetic kitty) and I know she has no interest in it and would freak out over some of the content.
THIS IS A JOB FOR GOOGLE GLASSES!

http://www.vuzix.com/consumer/
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #202
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post

Shut the F up... that is awesome!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #203
lodica1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post

I wanna get that, I wanna get that, I wanna get that!

Anyone ever used them? Do they filter out light?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #204
Ereth

So, should we start a pool on how long before photoshopgrl has a meltdown because she can't watch this weeks episode?

I'm in for airtime + 4 hours.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #205
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Nah, she will have gone into preemptive meltdown. If the process isn't already done, it's well under way.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #206
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs
Nah, she will have gone into preemptive meltdown. If the process isn't already done, it's well under way.
I got to my gate early to watch this before boarding and the mofo POS stupid crap wifi at this stupid hick town airport is not fast enough to stream HBOGO. I have seen the first 3 mins about 10x trying. I am seriously going to blow a gasket!!! Aaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!