TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
jaylord

Question CinciBell Upgrade to MPEG4 Channels - Tivo Premiere Workd, HDs Don't

My cable provider (CinciBell Lebanon) is upgrading their channels to MPEG4 from MPEG2, and my 2 Series 3 HD Tivos (1 on a lifetime sub ) won't show anything on the channels with MPEG4, while my newer Premiere is having no problems. No error about not getting the channel and the channel strength meter shows green. Just no picture or sound.

I had the technician out today and he swapped in new cable cards and no difference. I hope this is fixable because CinciBell is going to change all there channels to MPEG4 so the 2 Tivo HDs will be turn into power consuming bricks if not.
jaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
shamilian

Call Tivo CSR and tell them the problem....

If enough people do this hopefully they will address the problem with the Tivo S3/HD....or at least give us the ability to transfer lifetime to a premiere.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
jaylord

That's what I was afraid of. Can I buy 2 new premiere XLs from Amazon and then get the lifetime subscription transfered to one of them? The Tivo website makes it hard to figure this stuff out.

This sucks since the the one is an HDXL that was first activated 5/2010, just 2 years ago!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylord View Post
That's what I was afraid of. Can I buy 2 new premiere XLs from Amazon and then get the lifetime subscription transfered to one of them? The Tivo website makes it hard to figure this stuff out.

This sucks since the the one is an HDXL that was first activated 5/2010, just 2 years ago!
There are usually no lifetime transfers offered. They give you a discount to buy lifetime after your first Tivo...

If there is a large scale move to mpeg4 and they do not update the TivoHDs I would hope they would offer some discount in the future....

In the short term I don't think there is much hope....
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
jaylord

Well. I'll hold onto the one with the lifetime forever to get the discount on additional units. I just put a new 1TB hard drive it so I think I can yank the cable card and use it as a video repository for the other units.