TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #61
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Thanks, Devdog. That's the kind of information I was lacking.

I had heard the mention of 5-10 years, too, which is what confuses me about people talking about him like he's on his last leg and this might be the last chance they get to do anything with each other.

Sure, it's likely the only chance they'd get to do something like the reward on a TV show, but the same can be said about any of them. Five to ten years seems like a long time to make special memories.

I guess I must just be incredibly cold-hearted.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #62
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Christina herself said he only has a few more years left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post

I guess I must just be incredibly cold-hearted.
Me too. Didn't Christina mention that she needs to START spending more time with her Dad? And the 5-10 years became "a few" when others said she should have been taken.

It did seem weird to me with all these cute young women, that no one had a boyfriend come. Don't know if they're married or not--maybe the husbands or boyfriends have to work and couldn't come.

It always seems odd to me that not seeing your dad or brother for 39 days brings out all these tears and all. Spouses, yes. I always think that whoever is married should get the loved ones visits, but they usually don't.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #63
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Is she still hiding it in her crotch?
No, she's just happy to see you.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #64
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
...It did seem weird to me with all these cute young women, that no one had a boyfriend come. Don't know if they're married or not--maybe the husbands or boyfriends have to work and couldn't come.

It always seems odd to me that not seeing your dad or brother for 39 days brings out all these tears and all. Spouses, yes. I always think that whoever is married should get the loved ones visits, but they usually don't.
I would assume the producers have something to do with that. They'd rather it be family if at all possible.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #65
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
After being subjected to these type of contions for 39 days, I would say that most people would get emotional seeing or talking to any close family member. I remember the first time we got to call home from basic training....I've never seen so many grown men cry like babies. It's tough to imagine unless you've been in a similar situation.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #66
debtoine
WTTWDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I would assume the producers have something to do with that. They'd rather it be family if at all possible.
Jeff had a tout (video tweet, I guess) explaining that the Survivor contestants get to say which family member they want, if they make it that far.

deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
debtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #67
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
LOL. I couldn't understand a word she said in the car.

"Is that REAL ketchup?" No Kat, the show can't afford your ritzy "real" ketchup like you get from McDonalds.
LOL!

I never watched those Ponderosa videos. That was great. Seems like a great place but after a couple of days you just want to go home already!
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #68
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtoine View Post
Jeff had a tout (video tweet, I guess) explaining that the Survivor contestants get to say which family member they want, if they make it that far.

deb
Correct: Family. Not anybody they want such as boyfriends/friends/etc. That was my point.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #69
Boston Fan

Quote:
Correct: Family. Not anybody they want such as boyfriends/friends/etc. That was my point.
I think I recall that friends have also been guests before. Wasn't it Johnny Fairplay's friend who brought "news" of his grandmother's death?
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #70
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

I think Coach had them bring his assistant coach.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #71
dhelsley

Quote:
LOL. I couldn't understand a word she said in the car.

"Is that REAL ketchup?" No Kat, the show can't afford your ritzy "real" ketchup like you get from McDonalds.
I agree. I need subtitles, because I couldn't understand anything either.
dhelsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #72
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
I don't think this is the case. On the show, Jeff refers to guests as "loved ones".

A loved one can be anyone.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #73
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
And the jury is full of men.
Stupid men.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #74
brianric

Quote:
I guess you were never in the military. I felt that way in boot camp, partially due to the isolation of the outside world.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #75
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelsley View Post
I agree. I need subtitles, because I couldn't understand anything either.
I think I understood everything she said in the car.

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #76
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
Well, I guess you're better than me at that sort of stuff. But after listening to it about 6 times I'm starting to piece it together, and holy crap. If I'm not mistaken, she sounded like she thought that was becoming her real life and now she has to come back to the real world and she doesn't want to.

Last edited by LordKronos : 05-03-2012 at 09:57 PM.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #77
dhelsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
It was all just a muffled mess. I have an easier time understanding Kenny on South Park.
dhelsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #78
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelsley View Post
It was all just a muffled mess. I have an easier time understanding Kenny on South Park.
lol

it is possible that my ears are just trained for "redneck"

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #79
Hcour

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
And her Kattitude throughout the season has been, IMHO, the embodiment of the stereotype of the entitled generation of today's youth. There is no shame in displaying ignorance, and expects good things to just come to them, because that has been their life experience of no consequences for bad behaviour.
Goodness. The condemnation of a whole generation due to the actions of one ditsy blonde.

Darn kids these days! It's that rock and roll music, I tell ya! And all that dancing! It leads to sex!
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #80
jradosh
Newlywed

What a fun episode! It's always sweet when someone gets their just desserts, and Kat got that in spades

Kim better keep winning immunity. I don't think the remaining can be so stupid as to not vote her out if they have the chance.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #81
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
Kim better keep winning immunity. I don't think the remaining can be so stupid as to not vote her out if they have the chance.
Have you watch this season? Oh that is right, most of the men are already voted out and on the jury.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #82
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
I don't think this is the case. On the show, Jeff refers to guests as "loved ones".

A loved one can be anyone.
I wasn't clear but my point is that I assume the producers HIGHLY encourage that it be a family member rather than just a friend or boy friend because its better T.V.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #83
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

Quote:
I've experienced some really crappy ketchup. I spent a summer in Israel and the ketchup was more like tomato paste. I spent a weekend with one family and they had two bottles of ketchup on the table at dinner. They had moved there from the US and the kid loved Heinz ketchup, which you couldn't get in Israel. The Heinz was for him and the other ketchup was for everyone else. When I got back home I mailed him the largest bottle of Heinz I could find.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #84
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablemodem View Post
I've experienced some really crappy ketchup. I spent a summer in Israel and the ketchup was more like tomato paste. I spent a weekend with one family and they had two bottles of ketchup on the table at dinner. They had moved there from the US and the kid loved Heinz ketchup, which you couldn't get in Israel. The Heinz was for him and the other ketchup was for everyone else. When I got back home I mailed him the largest bottle of Heinz I could find.
All true.

But somehow I doubt your experience relates in any way to Kat's worldly experience.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #85
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
WAAAAHH!! Kat is the face of the entitled generation.
Funny, but that was my EXACT thought. It's all about me. wahh wahhh. I take the two girls because I would rather spend time with them. I love seeing a good blindside, but when it's me...wahhhh...wahhh, I cry and blame everyone else.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #86
Azlen

Kim is definitely the traditional "best player" this season, but considering this group, I think she may have some issues in getting votes at the end. She's going to have to make sure she has the right two sitting next to her while making sure those she does get voted out don't hate her. If she had a jury of those that would vote based on objective game play, she would probably win quite easily, but I think she's going to have a jury that takes things more personally and that could be a hurdle for her.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #87
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Kim is definitely the traditional "best player" this season, but considering this group, I think she may have some issues in getting votes at the end. She's going to have to make sure she has the right two sitting next to her while making sure those she does get voted out don't hate her. If she had a jury of those that would vote based on objective game play, she would probably win quite easily, but I think she's going to have a jury that takes things more personally and that could be a hurdle for her.
I'm not sure any of the guys on the jury (except maybe Jay) could really be mad at Kim. Kim was never really in an alliance with the guys, so the fact that they all got picked off first shouldn't give the guys reason to be bitter at Kim.

However, now that Kim is having to cannibalize her own group, there are going to be bitter people going back to Ponderosa and infecting the jury pool. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I think if Kim gets rid of likable players (Sabrina, Chelsea) in order to sit next to less-liked players at the end, that could actually backfire on her.

Also interesting is the Tarzan problem. If Tarzan were in the final three, would he get all the guy votes just because he's a guy? Or would all the guys not vote for him because he sided with the women and helped get all the guys out?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #88
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I'm not sure any of the guys on the jury (except maybe Jay) could really be mad at Kim. Kim was never really in an alliance with the guys, so the fact that they all got picked off first shouldn't give the guys reason to be bitter at Kim.

However, now that Kim is having to cannibalize her own group, there are going to be bitter people going back to Ponderosa and infecting the jury pool. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I think if Kim gets rid of likable players (Sabrina, Chelsea) in order to sit next to less-liked players at the end, that could actually backfire on her.

Also interesting is the Tarzan problem. If Tarzan were in the final three, would he get all the guy votes just because he's a guy? Or would all the guys not vote for him because he sided with the women and helped get all the guys out?
I don't know. I know the guys who got voted off early were certainly not fans of Tarzan. I think I the guys probably wouldn't have any reason not to vote for Kim. I agree, she might have to worry about the girls. I know Kat is going to be pissed.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #89
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
Goodness. The condemnation of a whole generation due to the actions of one ditsy blonde.
"the embodiment of the stereotype" was critical in that quote which you misrepresented as condemnation.
I accept your apology.

getreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #90
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Kim manipulated Troy into getting rid of Mike, which really doomed the men.

Quote:
I doubt that Tarzan would be treated favorably because he's the only one left wearing a banana hammock (or have the skid marks retired the hammock?).

getreal is online now   Reply With Quote