Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #91
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I'm with you on this. They may still have lost, but if they totally deferred to Dayana they would have lost bigger.
this

LOL at the "argument" that they lost doing what they were doing. The same thing was said before when it was guys vs gals and the women kept losing ... they kept losing doing the ideas that Aubrey and Lisa came up with. Yeah, well they likely would have lost worse if they did other ideas.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #92
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Yeah LL got into comedy late in life. First she worked in journalism for Spy, Hit Parader, Rolling Stone. Of course a top shelf college education does not necessarily indicate your level of intelligence; Penn never went to a traditional college, and from what I've seen is every bit as smart.
Wow. I'm surprised to hear that. She seems like the type that would not have gone to college and just got by on her wits alone. I'm impressed. Good for her.

I've worked with people like her before. She's probably not nearly so bad in real life. I think this show brings out the worst in people.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #93
Doggie Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I think this show brings out the worst in people.
Sometimes. Other times, it brings out the better side in people, no? Some of the celebrity players who've impressed me have included Annie Duke (didn't mind her before, but thought very well of her on the show), Jesse James (this was pre-marriage destruction), Piers Morgan (yes, I enjoy his pomposity), Bret Michaels, Curtis Stone, John Rich, Marlee Maitlin and her awesome interpreter, Clay Aiken, Dee Snider, and Penn Jillette.
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #94
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Bear View Post
Sometimes. Other times, it brings out the better side in people, no? Some of the celebrity players who've impressed me have included Annie Duke (didn't mind her before, but thought very well of her on the show), Jesse James (this was pre-marriage destruction), Piers Morgan (yes, I enjoy his pomposity), Bret Michaels, Curtis Stone, John Rich, Marlee Maitlin and her awesome interpreter, Clay Aiken, Dee Snider, and Penn Jillette.
True... I was actually kind of impressed with Paul Sr. too. He was more level headed than he seems to be on his own show.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #95
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
True... I was actually kind of impressed with Paul Sr. too. He was more level headed than he seems to be on his own show.
But he pissed me off. I was watching this season to see him be a total asshat like he is on his own show. What I got was the opposite of that. I guess I probably would have still watched for Penn Gillette.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #96
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
But he pissed me off. I was watching this season to see him be a total asshat like he is on his own show. What I got was the opposite of that. I guess I probably would have still watched for Penn Gillette.
I really think Paul Sr. is a lot smarter than people realize. He knows that once American Chopper goes off the air, no one is buying PJD or OCC bikes. So he does what's necessary to keep the show going.

Is it a steep price that he pays to do so? Absolutely. But I think he knows exactly what he's doing.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #97
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
I really think Paul Sr. is a lot smarter than people realize. He knows that once American Chopper goes off the air, no one is buying PJD or OCC bikes. So he does what's necessary to keep the show going.

Is it a steep price that he pays to do so? Absolutely. But I think he knows exactly what he's doing.
I also wonder if at least part of the feud is fake and done only for the drama.