TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
robkon
Just a Geek

Arrow My Recordings missing time

My new Tivo Premiere on many recordings cuts off last say minute or two then asks to delete or keep program. Some longer programs start 30 mins early getting tail of previous programming and cuts the program I seek off by same say 30 minutes? Why and what can i do? Do i need ask it to record each program longer?
robkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yes, you can do this. It's called padding.
The recording options let you start a program early and/or end a program late.
If this is for a season pass, then you want to do this from the season pass manager.

The drawback is if you have a lot of back to back recordings. Some might be canceled due to conflicts. You can minimize this by going to the recording menu under settings and enable clipping.

With clipping enabled, the Tivo will still record the conflicting program, but the beginning and/or end of the recording will be clipped.

It's a give and take situation if you have a lot of back to back recordings. You sacrifice some recordings so that your favorites are complete.
The season pass priority plays a part in determining which shows will be clipped.

Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
robkon
Just a Geek

Thanks

Thanks Steve
robkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
mattack

Please don't use annoying large/colored text.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote