Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #62
Tracy
Truly

I am predicting an Aubrey/Clay finale.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #63
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Either that or Aubrey/Lisa. I sure hope not Lisa, but it would be kind of interesting to see them go against each other because they have become such good friends.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #64
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
Are there rules about back-to-back PMing?
I don't think there are rules against it, but when only the PM's charity gets any money (save for the one aberation this season), I don't think they would generally just go along with someone doing it twice in a row.

May have made sense this time given the task, but the desire to 'spread the money around' would preclude this.

My jaw dropped when Dyanna, in the van brainstorming the task, said, "I wonder if we can get Debbie Gibson?"

At the point where Lisa and Clay dragged Dyanna through "Music 101" for 45 minutes to two hours, their chances of being very patient with her pretty much went out the window (though that still doesn't excuse Lisa for her actions). Dyanna would have been much better served, once it was determined that she was the PM and the task took on the direction it did, to just appoint tasks to Clay and Lisa and back the heck off.

I am quickly losing interest in any of the people that are left.

And Gay Men's Health Crisis, GLSEN, Nat'l Inclusion Project, Magic Johnson (HIV) Foundation - based on Teresa's charity alone (The NephCure Foundation), I'd almost be willing to bet she's the next to go.
JLucPicard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #65
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
In fact, the result was much better than anything Dayana would have come up with. They were guaranteed to lose if Dayana had made all the decisions...
How do you know this?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #66
tiams

Quote:
How do you know this?
Clay is a professional musician, Lisa is a professional writer. Dayana can't even rhyme two words.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #67
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Clay is a professional musician, Lisa is a professional writer. Dayana can't even rhyme two words.
Well, you're the authority, I guess you know best.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #68
tiams

Quote:
Quote:
Well, you're the authority, I guess you know best.
I posted 3 facts, no opinion.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #69
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Yet, the professional musician and professional writer ignored the woman who can't rhyme and they lost.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #70
loubob57
Running Fool

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I'm with you on this. They may still have lost, but if they totally deferred to Dayana they would have lost bigger.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #71
Ment

Dayana was horrible, no one can deny this. Aside from interjecting in aspects she had no idea, the one aspect that was hers the brand messaging was a major negative to the judges. Her idea of contributing was coming up on stage with no red/logo or uniform and no mic? I've worked with horrible personalities that get their sh*t done and sweet as pie people who are clueless and I'll take the former every time...cause there is nothing worse than carrying someone. The look on Arsenios face when Trump asked if he wanted to switch Aubrey with Dayana on his team was priceless!

Clay was right, in this task Dayana should have taken a coordinating role instead of trying to put her stamp as PM.

Edit: On the pink issue Dayana was trying to communicate that she wanted a more punchier/upbeat sound that's why she said she wanted something 'pink...yellow..something not as flat' which in musical terms made no sense to the band/Clay thus the OMG reactions.

Last edited by Ment : 05-02-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #72
lpamelaa

I was astounded that in the middle of the Dayana/Lisa battle, Aubrey interjected and started bragging about herself. I'm almost in awe of her "talent" for making everything about herself.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #73
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpamelaa View Post
I was astounded that in the middle of the Dayana/Lisa battle, Aubrey interjected and started bragging about herself. I'm almost in awe of her "talent" for making everything about herself.
I am surprised she hasn't slipped yet and referred to it as Celebrity Aubrey instead. Her ego is ginormous for doing so little.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #74
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
I am surprised she hasn't slipped yet and referred to it as Celebrity Aubrey instead. Her ego is ginormous for doing so little.
Her ego is large as are other things. I have no doubt with that cheerleader outfit there was a wardrobe malfunction that was edited out. She did more than Arsenio and Theresa on the task tho per usual...Arsenio's rapping was poor by his own admission and he didn't even have the stones to stick to drumming at the beginning.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #75
dhelsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Edit: On the pink issue Dayana was trying to communicate that she wanted a more punchier/upbeat sound that's why she said she wanted something 'pink...yellow..something not as flat' which in musical terms made no sense to the band/Clay thus the OMG reactions.
Let me first say that I am not a fan of Dayana and I felt she was way overdue to be fired.

Her suggestions should have been understood by the musicians, though, whether or not they were good ones. Pink is a well known singer (I don't listen to that type of music and I'm aware of who she is) and Yello has been around a long time (again, not really a fan, but they had the Oh Yeah! song in Ferris Bueller). I figured the lost looks on their faces was them trying to figure out how in the world those could mesh with the older sound they were going for.
dhelsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #76
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelsley View Post
Let me first say that I am not a fan of Dayana and I felt she was way overdue to be fired.

Her suggestions should have been understood by the musicians, though, whether or not they were good ones. Pink is a well known singer (I don't listen to that type of music and I'm aware of who she is) and Yello has been around a long time (again, not really a fan, but they had the Oh Yeah! song in Ferris Bueller). I figured the lost looks on their faces was them trying to figure out how in the world those could mesh with the older sound they were going for.
So you are saying that Dayana, who knew nothing about musical styles and had to be given a 45 minute lesson by Clay and Lisa, was referring to Pop Artist Pink and obscure artist Yello. And Clay and Lisa's derisive laughter and sarcastic reply about adding green was because they were fully aware that Dayana was referring to these artists and they felt it was stupid to mesh the style of Yello with their 50s theme?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #77
marrone
Phased Member

I think the wrong team won. I couldn't understand what Arsenio was even saying in his little rap thing.

I liked Dayana. She had a much nicer personality than either Lisa or Clay. Lisa just yells a lot (though works hard) and Clay (pompous) but works hard.
However, Dayana didn't really do anything. Although I wouldn't have wanted either of the other two representing me due to their attitudes, they weren't the reason they lost the task. It fell on Dayana, who really didn't do anything. Trump had no choice.

Then again, I don't think the Celebrity Apprentices actually do anything once they finish the show. It's just a name, that's it. So they really wouldn't represent anything anyway.

Besides, watching Clay and Lisa shoot their mouths off is more interesting than Dayana doing...well...nothing. So from a ratings point of view, it was probably a good thing. Imagine Dayana and Penn (who I think would have been great to be one of the final two since he did work hard and smart)...BORING! I bet it will be Aubrey (eye candy) and Lisa (so they have someone obnoxious and loud) at the end. It's all about ratings.

-Mike
Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #78
Ment

Quote:
So you are saying that Dayana, who knew nothing about musical styles and had to be given a 45 minute lesson by Clay and Lisa, was referring to Pop Artist Pink and obscure artist Yello. And Clay and Lisa's derisive laughter and sarcastic reply about adding green was because they were fully aware that Dayana was referring to these artists and they felt it was stupid to mesh the style of Yello with their 50s theme?
Yes it all makes sense cause Clay was talking about Cee Lo. Or Al or Day..
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #79
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I couldn't believe they let Lisa and Dayana start in on each other so early in the boardroom. After they'd been fighting for about 15 minutes and I was totally sick of it, I looked at the clock and there were still 33 minutes left in the episode. I turned to my wife and said, does this mean Arsenio's team is going to lose, because why would they allow Lisa and Dayana to fight for so long if they're then going to fight again once the other team leaves?

Adam Carolla's comments last week on his podcast about Dayana were very evident this week. (If you didn't read the comments in last week's thread, Adam basically said that early in the taping, he overheard Trump talking about how the NBC execs didn't want Dayana on the show and Trump fought for her and was proud of the fact that she was doing well on the show. So basically, the longer Dayana stayed in the competition, the more Trump could gloat about how much smarter he was than the NBC execs. And guess who controls how long Dayana stays on the show?

Basically, Trump kept Dayana on the show as long as he could, but after this week, he just couldn't justify it anymore. Clay said it best when he said that he didn't agree with HOW Lisa said everything she said, but he agreed with WHAT she said. Dayana was useless, and a good manager would have realized they were out of their depth and simply let the pros do their thing and then take credit for it, but instead she tried to get her input into everything, and it just pissed off the people who actually knew what they were doing.

Also, maybe this was said and just got edited out of the boardroom portion of the show, but Dayana kept bringing up the fact that she
asked Lisa if she could work with her, and Lisa shooed her away. I don't understand why Lisa didn't point out that sometimes creative tasks can't be done in a collaborative manner, and that trying to incorporate Dayana into writing the presentation would simply have been counterproductive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
While Dayana did a terrible job Clay and especially Lisa made it impossible for her to succeed.

I will miss her dignity and grace in the face of obnoxiousness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelsley View Post

Not a chance. There's no way that she picks two completely different artists there that just happen to also correspond to colors. She was having difficulty translating a concept from Spanish to English and it came out as "pink . . . or yellow." It was clear she was trying to get them to make the music more upbeat, but it was also clear she had no idea what she was talking about and should have just shut her mouth with regard to the music.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #80
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
..........Clay said it best when he said that he didn't agree with HOW Lisa said everything she said, but he agreed with WHAT she said. Dayana was useless, and a good manager would have realized they were out of their depth and simply let the pros do their thing and then take credit for it, but instead she tried to get her input into everything, and it just pissed off the people who actually knew what they were doing.

I think Penn even mentioned Dayana was useless on Adam's podcast. Not sure if he used those words but I am pretty sure that was his sentiment. So, Adam, Penn, Lisa, and Clay have all pretty much agreed on this but some people still insist she was not "useless".
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #81
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I think there are a lot of people who are giving her the benefit of the doubt because she's great to look at. I find myself doing this on a regular basis, but because I came into the show as a pre-existing fan of Adam, Penn, Lisa, etc., it's allowed me to see things from their perspective a little better and not from the perspective of a horny guy.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #82
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Anyone have a link for the Carolla podcast?
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #83
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Most of these people are C & D list celebrities, why would the execs object to Dayana being on the show, that doesn't make any sense. How is she out of place with this group? It's not like having a little leaguer on the 27 Yankess.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #84
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Aubrey... Obviously a big believer in tooting your own horn. Just about everything she says is about HER and how much BETTER she is than anyone else. I'm no psychiatrist but she seems to have a budding case of NPD.

Quote:
Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
Symptoms of this disorder include, but are not limited to:
Reacts to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
May take advantage of others to reach their own goal
Tends to exaggerate their own importance, achievements, and talents
Imagines unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Easily becomes jealous
Lacks empathy and disregards the feelings of others
Obsessed with oneself
Mainly pursues selfish goals
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Is easily hurt and rejected
Sets unrealistic goals
Wants "the best" of everything
Appears as tough-minded or unemotional [4]

Old 05-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #85
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
Anyone have a link for the Carolla podcast?
I believe this is the correct episode. Near the beginning of the episode, Adam takes a call from Penn (horrible audio quality on that call) and then goes off on a rant once Penn hangs up.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #86
dhelsley

Quote:
Pretty much. I think that is much more likely than her trying to describe a change in the musical style with colors. If that's the case, she should see Dr. House as she's probably suffering from some type of mental disorder. My best friend's mom had a stroke last year, and she would refer to music being too bright instead of too loud. Coincidentally, he is a huge Yello fan.

To clarify, I'm really not trying to defend her. It just makes more sense to me than the alternative, even though I agree that she doesn't appear to be very bright.
dhelsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #87
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I think it was more of a language barrier thing. I think she really did think Pink or Yellow meant something musically but she was really meaning to say some other words.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #88
Ment

From Clay's blog
Quote:
I went and tried to discuss with Dayana how what she had said upset Lisa. Despite having incredible conversational English, Dayana sometimes mixes up words, and what she explained to me was that when she said "loud," she was just trying to say Lisa was a strong player. I tried to tell her that praising me for all of my work and then not recognizing that Lisa had done a LOT as well was enough to be insulting. She said okay, but I don't think it mattered to her. Her apology to Lisa was pretty insincere. But the blood between the two of them is so bad now by week 12 that I don't think anything would smooth it over.

Despite Dayana's beauty and occasional good contribution, she can suffer from what we spoke about weeks ago with regard to Lou. In order to feel like she is having input, she often comes up with (last minute) suggestions that don't make sense. For a performance set in the '60s, she believed that we needed a hippie to be on stage. I tried for 10 minutes to explain to her that the hippies we think of didn't really come about until the late '60s and that having a hippie on stage would not fit with our theme. It was ideas like that that peppered the entire first part of the task until finally Dayana decided to focus in on cutting and pasting things from the Good Sam website onto placards to hand out.
This says to me its likely Dayana was thinking 'colorful/lively' or similar and it led to saying pink and yello.

Also her penchant for last minute suggestions/plans and tin ear to time management were evident in this task which exasperated LL most of all; other instance of this were the subway routing suggestion on the celebrity NY tour guide task.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #89
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
I didn't know Lisa went to Harvard.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #90
Ment

Quote:
I didn't know Lisa went to Harvard.
Yeah LL got into comedy late in life. First she worked in journalism for Spy, Hit Parader, Rolling Stone. Of course a top shelf college education does not necessarily indicate your level of intelligence; Penn never went to a traditional college, and from what I've seen is every bit as smart.