Hi everyone. I had no idea the new Directv Tivo unit was available until going to my Now Playing List on my old unit opened up a message from Directv. So upon looking into this new unit, I had some questions - some about features, some from confusion of online info.
1) I've been nursing two old DirecTivo units for a million years. Both suffer from the pixelation issue (which I have not yet tried to fix). I'm used to using the two tuners with buffer to maximum effect - swapping between two live programs using the down arrow. Does this new unit operate the same way? EDIT: I think I found that this answer is Yes, but if anyone can confirm, that'd be cool.
2) Can you transfer programs to computer via the USB port? I have no idea what Directv Whole House, etc., are, as I've been using these units stand-alone for years. I just wondered if you can connect to the USB on the new units and transfer.
3) It sounds like you can expand to a new external hard drive. True? And if so, how?
4) Someone said "all units are leased." I'm confused - does the $199 purchase price at the website merely get you the unit delivered and you STILL don't own it? Can someone clarify here? I saw the $20/mo markup fee (they call it Advanced Receiver - yeah, whatever) and of course the usual $5/mo Tivo service fee, which are bad enough if you own the unit. Do you really not own the unit?
5) If I read correctly, I don't need a B-band converter if I only have SD programming (I don't have HD). I would need to get two B-band converters to use my old dish with the new unit if I wanted HD. Is that correct?
Thanks for any help you can offer. I can't seem to find much info on these online yet, other than here. Thanks again!