Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #61
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I got to redecorate my bedroom when I was little. I got green shag carpeting.

It was groovy!
The house my family moved into in 1980 had fire-engine red shag carpeting in my bedroom.

It was removed fairly soon afterward.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #62
lpamelaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
The house my family moved into in 1980 had fire-engine red shag carpeting in my bedroom.

It was removed fairly soon afterward.
I have almost the same experience. The house we moved into in 1979 had green shag carpeting throughout. Not emerald green. It was a avocado hue.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #63
vman41
Omega Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpamelaa View Post
I have almost the same experience. The house we moved into in 1979 had green shag carpeting throughout. Not emerald green. It was a avocado hue.
My house had Marigold carpeting and daisy stickers on the sliding glass door.

>>Dave
vman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #64
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

We looked at a house in 2001 that had red shag.I don't know how they lived with it that long!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #65
wouldworker
_

The house we bought 5 years ago had red shag carpet in the master bedroom and blue shag in another bedroom. Nothing in the house had been updated since the 70s. It was like a museum of bad taste.
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #66
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Our house in the 1970's had dark brown shag carpet. It looked pretty good then. I don't think I would buy any today, especially since we are practically all wood floors in the house.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #67
DeDondeEs

I think the white carpet is a metaphor for Don and Megan's wedding. At some point one final thing will happen to the previously "white and pure" carpet that will send them over the edge. Both of the big fights that they have had have ended on that white carpet.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #68
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Interesting with Heinz. Megan thought of the idea, others thought Don thought of it and gave it to her, then in the end she gives it back to Don to pitch to save the account. Maybe he always was going to pitch it but it was played perfectly.
I loved how even after Megan had attributed the whole idea to Don he still credited her for the last futuristic bit; that the client admitted made the piece.

Oh and the white carpet; didn't Bobby have some newspaper spread around while he was refilling the pen? (Admittedly that just takes the change of ink on carpet down from "near certain" to "fairly likely")
Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #69
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
I loved how even after Megan had attributed the whole idea to Don he still credited her for the last futuristic bit; that the client admitted made the piece.

Oh and the white carpet; didn't Bobby have some newspaper spread around while he was refilling the pen? (Admittedly that just takes the change of ink on carpet down from "near certain" to "fairly likely")
Yes, there was newspaper spread out, but I thought it looked like Bobby had already spilled some onto the carpet, just past the edge of the newspaper.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #70
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Yes, there was newspaper spread out, but I thought it looked like Bobby had already spilled some onto the carpet, just past the edge of the newspaper.
He had spilled off the paper onto the carpet...not a ton, but enough that I noticed it...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote