TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
val24601

Arrow Need help! T60 and HR10-250 not loading satellite info!

I hope someone knows what is happening with my DVRs, I had a power outtage and they restarted. When they restarted, re-acquiring information from satellite is just stuck at somewhere between 50% or 79%, and it just stays there. It is not a signal problem as I already checked the levels and all transponders are ok. Receivers are Sony T60 and Huges HR10-250. I even have one other TIVO (another Huges) that is plugged at another place in the house that did not get restarted (it has an external battery) and it is still working perfectly and loading all data from satellite. It seems that it is some kind of information that is being sent by Dtv and that these two DVRs are not able to read or understand. Anybody with the same problem? I have seen some persons with the same prolems at other forums, but no one with a res ponse on how to deal with this problem! thanks in advance for all your help...
Rgds
val24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Which software version are your DVRs? Have they been connected to the phone line all along?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
val24601

Hi Steve, thanks for responding.. they have not been connected as I do not have a land line. Software is 4,0 on the Huges, and 3.5 on the Sony...
Old 05-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
IBEmerson

Just so you know, I started another topic as my SAT-T60 is doing the same thing today.

IBEmerson
IBEmerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
val24601

Thanks IBEmerson... will take a look at it. Hopefully someone will know what to do...
Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
If the HR10 software is not at 6.4a, then recent guide data changes will cause this problem. What I might suggest is disconnecting the satellite feed, restarting the box and let it get to where it starts searching, then press the TiVo/DirecTV button. With the box connected to a landline, have it make a daily call. If you are lucky, you will have the 6.4 update waiting on disk for the upgrade. If not, then.. not sure what to suggest other than using services or products from dvrupgrade.com to update the software.

At the least, you should be able to finish booting, go to the menu screen, then reconnect the satellite feed. If you're lucky, the worst that will happen is that you'll lose local channels from the guide.

I'm not sure what to say about the T60.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
val24601

Steve.. thanks, will try to do that, and see what happens. If anybody knows about the T60, any guidance is appreciated. Thanks again for your time!
Rgds
Old 05-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
val24601

and suddenly... everything came up back to life...