TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
dylking
I've never farded

Hawaii 5-0/NCIS LA crossover

Hawaii 5-0 on 4/30 will cross over onto NCIS: LA on 5/01 (and vice versa) - If you only have a season pass for one or the other, you'll want to set up the opposite episode.

Just thought I'd share

Last edited by dylking : 04-27-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: edit because I can't read a calendar to save my life :)
dylking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
Worf

Thanks for that - I don't watch Hawaii Five-O at all
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
sieglinde

Thankfully, I caught up with both of them. I hate crossover episodes if I don't watch one of the shows.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
javabird

thanks, I don't watch NCIS usually
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Amnesia
The Question

Isn't it strange that this is happening so late in the season? I thought the whole idea of crossover episodes was to entice a show's viewers to watch a different show to get them hooked...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Church AV Guy

Doesn't it have to do with holding an audiance for the evening, due to the May sweeps period?

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #7
Worf

Sounds about right. Though, then it becomes a question - are NCIS LA viewers likely to be also watching Hawaii Five-O, but Hawaii Five-O viewers are not likely to be watching NCIS LA?

And if that's the case, does it mean NCIS LA's numbers are bad and they want to prop it up with Hawaii Five-O viewers?

I wonder if we'll be seeing stations string together crossovers throughout the week on all their prime time shows. If it wasn't too late to do so, Fox would've had something from House through Fringe. Somehow.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
dylking
I've never farded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
I wonder if we'll be seeing stations string together crossovers throughout the week on all their prime time shows.
I remember, years ago NBC did a theme night - New York lost power, and all the shows that were in NYC dealt with a power outing in the show. I don't think I've ever seen a crossover across networks, though - just shows within a network, either characters or as a theme.
dylking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylking View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a crossover across networks, though
IIRC, Ally McBeal (Fox) and Private Practice (ABC) had a crossover, back when David E. Kelley was a TV powerhouse...
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
IIRC, Ally McBeal (Fox) and Private Practice (ABC) had a crossover, back when David E. Kelley was a TV powerhouse...
You mean "The Practice", not Private Practice. But that's the only clear cross-network crossover I can recall, although I vaguely recall David E Kelley doing this a few other times (I'm going to guess Boston Public/Boston Legal had a crossover). And I think Murphy Brown had one, too.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #11
sieglinde

I happen to watch both. I suspect it is NCIS:LA they are trying to boost. For example my sister watches Hawaii Five-O but has given up on NCIS:LA. I agree. There are some really great episodes but a number of lame ones.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
MPSAN

DARN! Missed NCIS and wonder if it will be on again? I can see where to d/l it, but not sure if it will play if I access it from my THD if I save it on my Computer!

Last edited by MPSAN : 05-02-2012 at 02:57 PM.
MPSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
DARN! Missed NCIS and wonder if it will be on again?
Do you have cable? Perhaps you can find it OnDemand...
Old 05-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Do you have cable? Perhaps you can find it OnDemand...
Well, my On Demand does not work as I have 3 THD's with MCards. Anyway, it IS on CBS.com and I will just hook up our laptop with SVideo and left and right audio and watch it that way on out TV!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #15
Worf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylking View Post
I remember, years ago NBC did a theme night - New York lost power, and all the shows that were in NYC dealt with a power outing in the show. I don't think I've ever seen a crossover across networks, though - just shows within a network, either characters or as a theme.
I never meant across networks, I meant across prime-time shows in a network. I mention House to Fringe, because they're Fox shows, with House on Mondays, and Fringe finishing up on Friday, and every prime-time Fox show would have something to move the entire arc forward. (And yes, the evilness of ending on a Friday night...).

I know there was one recently Fox did across American Dad, Family Guy and Cleveland show...

Anyhow, I liked the NCIS LA/Hawaii Five-O crossover. It was nicely done.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
mae

cross over

Another trans-network crossover was Detective Munch from Homicide on NBC (now on L&O:SVU) appear as a young patrolman on X Files on Fox.
mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Anyhow, I liked the NCIS LA/Hawaii Five-O crossover. It was nicely done.
I enjoyed it too. There were two things that were annoying as far as I'm concerned,
Spoiler:
one, the guy G killed, Dracul, was a long-term enemy, and to have him killed so "simply" and quickly, AND on H50 instead of NCIS LA was a bit of a letdown. The other was the shifting of the bad guy, from one guy, to Comescu (sp) to the first doctor, and finally to the second doctor.
Aside from that, it was a well done cross-over story.

Nell cut her hair!

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote