Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Eureka 4/30 "Force Quit"

Yay! The Eureka Matrix arc is done! Jo and Jack are not in love, Kevin is not in College, Andy is okay and all is almost right with the world.

I liked the Senator Bitch caught in a loop at the end. I hope she is somewhere that she can't be found. Ever. Though, her being missing may raise some eyebrows towards Eureka.

Enjoyed the episode and how they got it all together. The scene with Zane and Jack in the woods was my favorite. The Zane actor is great with facial expressions and you saw it all click as Jack was babbling incoherently and trying to remember what he wrote on his hand. I had been missing that Jack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
busyba
The Funcooker

I'm just glad they finally fessed up and started referring to the artificial construct as "The Matrix".

So I wonder when Jo is going to find out that Carter and Fargo got to see her naked.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

I'm wondering how they got Cruella Deville away from the troopers without them noticing.

Unless they were all still knocked out.

And where did Sen. Evil get troops to begin with?

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
I'm wondering how they got Cruella Deville away from the troopers without them noticing.

Unless they were all still knocked out.

And where did Sen. Evil get troops to begin with?
I figured Bev just slung Senator over her shoulder and sneaked out while everyone was zonked out from the thing Henry triggered.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post

So I wonder when Jo is going to find out that Carter and Fargo got to see her naked.
I was wondering that as well. Maybe it will help console Fargo.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba
I'm just glad they finally fessed up and started referring to the artificial construct as "The Matrix".

Will it matter? Jo has seen both of them naked, I think. Jack for sure. Everyone saw him. Fargo I think.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

As for the title. "Force Quit" why not "End Process"?
pteronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
justen_m

Windows may be licensed, etc. Why not a kill -9?
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

Because a Kill -1 last week was enough.

I'm sure that OSX is licensed also.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #10
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

I was surprised they didn't come up with some excuse that Zane had to take a pill before the zap, that happened to be a blue pill.

Even compared to Eureka's usual standard of playing very fast and loose with internal consistency, the "derez" threat seemed particularly unjustifiable and required a very strained suspension of disbelief.

The Senator is standing there with a bunch of armed guards and is bothering to argue ethics with Henry? Why bother? You, there, point your gun at this man. Done.

Why the heck are the subroutines bothering to render themselves doing things like seduce one another when as far as they know no one is even watching? The first time I thought it was intentional, the kiss Alison saw was deliberately staged where she'd spy on it. But why would Jo be working so hard on Carter, if Fargo was only even there on the DL? They even said later that it doesn't bother to visually render places where none of the crew are. Last week, NPC-Carter kept watching Holly after she collapsed.

Lest it seem I was down on the episode, I enjoyed it. As often happens, Colin Ferguson's performance lifted it out of all the bad-ridiculous.

Still, I'm glad that this arc isn't going to go on all season, like it was starting to seem it would.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Even though I still have my finger on the DELETE SP button, I'm sticking with it. This ep wasn't bad; I just hope the return to "normalcy" is entertaining enough to keep my interest...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #12
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
I was surprised they didn't come up with some excuse that Zane had to take a pill before the zap, that happened to be a blue pill.

Even compared to Eureka's usual standard of playing very fast and loose with internal consistency, the "derez" threat seemed particularly unjustifiable and required a very strained suspension of disbelief.

The Senator is standing there with a bunch of armed guards and is bothering to argue ethics with Henry? Why bother? You, there, point your gun at this man. Done.

Why the heck are the subroutines bothering to render themselves doing things like seduce one another when as far as they know no one is even watching? The first time I thought it was intentional, the kiss Alison saw was deliberately staged where she'd spy on it. But why would Jo be working so hard on Carter, if Fargo was only even there on the DL? They even said later that it doesn't bother to visually render places where none of the crew are. Last week, NPC-Carter kept watching Holly after she collapsed.

Lest it seem I was down on the episode, I enjoyed it. As often happens, Colin Ferguson's performance lifted it out of all the bad-ridiculous.

Still, I'm glad that this arc isn't going to go on all season, like it was starting to seem it would.
Illogical as it sounds the implication is that the NPC's can tell if other characters are NPCs or not. So they wouldn't know when to skip interactions because everyone involved is NCP.

I guess the rendering engine could potentially know that without violating the seperation of NPCs. It might be possible for it to 'cheat' and let the NPC interactions play out without rendering the scene for them. But depending on how the NPC's preceptions were coded that might not work; you might need to feed them input from their 'eyes' for them to operate. After all you can apparently swap out an NPC for a real charactor on the fly; that could mean that NPCs get all the inputs matrixed real charactors brains get...

Eh, whatever, it wasn't a bad episode.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #13
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Enjoyed the episode quite a bit. I'm sure that if I were to analyze all the computer graphics of the Matrix, there would be all kinds of problems, but the story was mostly coherent and it flowed quickly and nicely. I'm glad that subplot is over, and having Beverly escape means there will likely be one more standoff with her before the series ends.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
ronsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post

I guess they really do keep very detailed personnel records!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I didn't hate this whole matrix storyline, but I'm glad it is over. I was afraid the entire season was going to be about this. I kinda wish I'd known in advance it was going to be a 4 episode long story.

Nice ending with the Senator trapped in the police station.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

I wonder that if Eureka hadn't been canceled, were the writers going to use the Matrix arc as a get out of alt. timeline free card.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #17
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteronaut View Post
I wonder that if Eureka hadn't been canceled, were the writers going to use the Matrix arc as a get out of alt. timeline free card.
Nope. They were wrapping up production on the 13th episode when they got the word there was no pick-up for the next season. So what we see is what was always planned for this season.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

It's too bad the realities couldn't have been swapped....

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #19
marrone
Phased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I figured Bev just slung Senator over her shoulder and sneaked out while everyone was zonked out from the thing Henry triggered.
Henry looked like he was still awake, or do I recall that wrong?

-Mike