TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #61
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The one who is the mother of his children.
He only has children with one of them?
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #62
kettledrum

Deciding on the fly to have a certain leg as a non elimination leg due to who is at the bottom doesn't sit well with me at all.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #63
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
Deciding on the fly to have a certain leg as a non elimination leg due to who is at the bottom doesn't sit well with me at all.
Still no proof that is the case...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #64
tiams

Quote:
Makes me wonder what his ex-wife must feel knowing this awful woman is going to be influencing her children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Fan View Post
Which one? There are apparently FOUR ex-wives. Hard to believe, given what a charmer he is.
Quote:
The one who is the mother of his children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Fan View Post
He only has children with one of them?
OMG, Is it really that hard to understand what I was saying? I don't know how many children he has, nor by whom. I was saying that the mother or mothers of any children that this woman is going to be partially responsible for raising, now that she is in a relationship with their father, must be appalled.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #65
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I'm fairly certain that Mark and Bopper were "told" that if Mark went out there one more time, he'd be guaranteed to pass. I think the producers realize that they're the only team left in the race worth rooting for, and they didn't want to lose them this early. There's obviously no way to prove this, but I'd be very surprised if this episode had been a non-elim if any other team had finished last.

According to Wikipedia, the penalty for not completing a Roadblock is four hours, and based on previous seasons, that clock would start ticking at the moment they decide to take the penalty.
I am not sure if this was for everyone but the last time Mark went out to do the dance the Indian teacher was in front of the stage doing the moves with him in order to help him along...

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #66
Boston Fan

Quote:
OMG, Is it really that hard to understand what I was saying?
Apparently.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #67
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater View Post
I am not sure if this was for everyone but the last time Mark went out to do the dance the Indian teacher was in front of the stage doing the moves with him in order to help him along...
I noticed that, but are we sure the others did not have that guidance also? I don't remember that wide of a camera shot for any other contestant. Also, the instructor looked like he was on a raised platform himself so I doubt they constructed it just so he could lead Mark.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #68
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
I noticed that, but are we sure the others did not have that guidance also? I don't remember that wide of a camera shot for any other contestant. Also, the instructor looked like he was on a raised platform himself so I doubt they constructed it just so he could lead Mark.
I thought the same - that he was there for the others as well. He was standing on a blue stage that looked like it had been set up for just that purpose.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #69
fmowry

Quote:
OMG, Is it really that hard to understand what I was saying? I don't know how many children he has, nor by whom. I was saying that the mother or mothers of any children that this woman is going to be partially responsible for raising, now that she is in a relationship with their father, must be appalled.
I'm not sure 15 minutes once a week of TV time on a reality TV show is any indicator of one's ability to be a role model or raise a kid. If that's the case all of the racers kids are in trouble.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #70
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
I'm not sure 15 minutes once a week of TV time on a reality TV show is any indicator of one's ability to be a role model or raise a kid. If that's the case all of the racers kids are in trouble.
Yeah, well tell that to the mother who has to hand her children over to that horrible woman.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #71
robojerk

I try not to harshly judge these people because they're in a surreal situation, with a lot of stress, a lot of money on the line, and showing them in their worst most moments makes for good tv.. The ugliness in even the nicest people can often shows up when there are only 6 teams left and the idea of winning it all becomes very real.

The only person I really thought for sure was a jerk in real life was Jonathan. That verbal beat down he did on his wife was by far the meanest thing I have ever seen on TV.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #72
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
that horrible woman.
LOL!

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #73
cherry ghost

Just noticed that the upcoming ep is scheduled to go 1 minute over. Check your conflicts.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #74
Inundated
Face For Radio

I don't think we have ever, ever had solid evidence that they move around non-elimination legs on the fly to benefit sympathetic teams.

Maybe I'm naive, my tinfoil hat is usually not on very tight...
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #75
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I've always scoffed at those who say the producers do shenanigans, but after this episode I'm really starting to believe. I don't think they changed when the non-elim leg occurred, but I do think they conspired to get Mark and Bopper to finish the leg in a "timely manner" (ie, no penalty). The producers knew it was a non-elim, so they didn't want Kentucky ridiculously far behind and a lock for elim next week. I can see them greasing the skids to get Kentucky past the Bollywood challenge, since I don't think Mark would ever have gotten it good enough... he was just too dehydrated and exhausted.

And on that note, do they not have Dramamine in Kentucky? I'm just amazed that Mark knows about this condition and does nothing about it but throw up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #76
GoHalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
And on that note, do they not have Dramamine in Kentucky? I'm just amazed that Mark knows about this condition and does nothing about it but throw up.
+1

I mentioned it in the 3/25 episode discussion as well. Maybe he has tried it and it doesn't work for him?
GoHalos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #77
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post

I assume it makes him drowsy and groggy. TAR cannot allow someone on medication to do certain tasks, like drive, skydive or bungy jump or etc.