TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

The Vampire Diaries 4/27/2012 Do Not Go Gentle

Well, I guess I'm happy Ric is still alive. But now he's a uber killing vamp? Ugh. I'm hoping he killed Bonnie, but I'm guessing since he didn't really seem to suck her dry that she'll live.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
billypritchard
Embiggener

I wouldn't say Ric is alive. He's now an-uber hunter with no connection to old Ric. My guess is he dies-dies before the season ends.

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, but I sure enjoyed the Stefan/Elena scenes from this episode more than the Damon/Elena stuff from the last one.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

We refer to Elena as small head due to how tiny her head is, particularly when compared to Stefan's XL cranium.

So, early on in the episode, when she was talking to Stefan on the phone, my wife pointed out how huge her phone looked next to her head. Then the scene cuts to Stefan talking on his iPhone, which looked small and was miles away from his mouth. Then the scene went back to her, and I commented "it's like she is talking on an iPad!"

O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I'm hoping he killed Bonnie, but I'm guessing since he didn't really seem to suck her dry that she'll live.
Yeah I thought that was the point for a second but who will they use for spells next season if she goes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
I wouldn't say Ric is alive. He's now an-uber hunter with no connection to old Ric. My guess is he dies-dies before the season ends.
I sure hope not. There are only 2 episodes left right? I'm hoping they leave it so he can come back if Matt Davis' pilot either flops or they think he can do both. What a great next big back he'll make. I always have said ever since Klaus took over Alaric's body that Matt Davis does a kick ass bad guy. I will miss the bromace with Damon but eventually they can neuter him like all the others and before you know it, they can be bonding over alcohol for eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
So, early on in the episode, when she was talking to Stefan on the phone, my wife pointed out how huge her phone looked next to her head. Then the scene cuts to Stefan talking on his iPhone, which looked small and was miles away from his mouth. Then the scene went back to her, and I commented "it's like she is talking on an iPad!"

Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Photo recap is up!
http://www.tv.com/news/the-vampire-d...o-recap-28500/

Old 04-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
nyny523
Oy

I just looked for this about 1/2 hour ago! I must have just missed it - thanks!

Off to read...
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
We refer to Elena as small head due to how tiny her head is, particularly when compared to Stefan's XL cranium.

Here ya go!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
nyny523
Oy

Oh, and that recap was particularly hilarious this week!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #9
Agatha Mystery

Poor Rebekah. Yet another dance she didn't get to go to. She's gonna be seriously pisse at her mom.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #10
cheesesteak
Meh.

Rebekah just can't catch a break.

I also thought "WTF?" when I saw Elena's gigantic phone.

I chuckled when Elena was all "Poor Alaric. Who's going to look out for me and Jeremy now?" When the heck did he ever show any supervisory skills? Elena did whatever the heck she felt like doing. He just moved in, probably without paying rent.

The Mystic Falls Costumes 'R Us franchise must do killer business. There's a formal ball every couple of weeks. Maybe it's owned by the same people who've cornered the lucrative candle market in town.

Bonnie looked like she was 37 years old.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
billypritchard
Embiggener

She probably is 37 years old!

The best thing about the costumes is that every kid in town also LOVES to dress up for these things. Where is the counter-culture dance with all the kids who think Caroline and Elena are l-a-m-e?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Okay a few more thoughts now that I've watched it again. I was rather distracted by phone calls when it was on so I had to keep pausing it and I was trying to get to the Idol results too.

They crack me up at how they continue to think any dance is actually going to go down without someone dying. And WTF Caroline telling Elena she's basically team Stefan. Sure let's just skip right past all the nasty he's done this season. He's clearly back to same old boring good guy Stefan and this episode solidifies that. Blech. So while we were all saying "there's no way they can redeem him after ripper Stefan", we just got faced because Julie Plec said "redeem schmeem... we're just gonna have him do a half ass apology to one or two people and then make him boring again and you'll accept it without question!" Seriously? Ugh.

Moving on.....

Tyler I heart you so much. He basically told Caroline his death is worth her being safe from Klaus. Umm... I know the love on this show comes and goes with neck breaking speeds (see Bonnie totally over Jeremy already even though she was just crying at 1000 dead witches that she loved him and to bring him back to life), but Tyler would die for his love of Caroline. How she could give Klaus a second glance is beyond me. They need to stop that stupidity in its tracks right now. Tyler/Caroline for the win. I don't care about anyone else's love story.

And last but definitely not least......

RIP Alaric. As much as I'm going to love OriginalAlaric because Matt Davis just owns the bad guy role so much, I'll miss Damon and Alaric's friendship. I'll miss things like this face when Alaric was going back to the tomb after seeing his own funeral, basically.

As I said earlier in the thread, maybe he can stay and eventually get back to being a good guy, or at least moreso like Damon. I don't think anyone could ever call Damon a good guy but he definitely has his moments. I know! Maybe ghost Jenna could come and knock some sense into him later after we have fun with him this way! They did bring her name up this episode.

So we have 2 episodes left in the season, right? I'm going to be super pissed if they wrap up OriginalAlaric in 2 episodes. I worry that he's going to be killed off for good to set up season 4. We have to eventually move on from the originals right? I mean if I don't even get Elijah for more than a second then let's end this. Speaking of.... WTF Klaus, let's make sure we keep undaggering little sis but leave Elijah to rot. Hate him so much.

Okay I'll shut up now.