TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #31
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
I don't recall the episode showing a conversation between them that would explain what "it" is.
That's why I was asking. I thought maybe I missed something.

Unless it was the whole "think for yourself, don't be a follower" strategy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #32
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I loved this quote about the pig chase -

Quote:
the women all scream incessantly for no apparent reason, as if they are either on a roller coaster or have been subject to a commercial break right smack dab in the middle of Ryan Gosling’s big suck-face-in-the-rain scene from The Notebook.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #33
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
Kat's still cute. She gets a pass.

Go KAT!
This too.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #34
pmyers

I was SO happy to see that "pecking order" challenge brought back. That challenge has caused so much drama and really woke people up before and it delivered again.

I think Kim's best move would have been to take Troyzan with her to keep him from being able to talk to anybody else.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #35
Amnesia
The Question

She could have offered, but I think that he would have refused.

What Kim really should have done is invite the lower-rung people, like Kat and Christina, to prevent Troyzan from trying to flip them. Chelsea already knows that she's safe...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #36
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
Kat's insistence that she's a leader and not a follower was delusional
I don't think Kat insisted that she was a leader. She was merely lamenting the fact that she isn't seen as a leader, which is true, and which is a big problem for her.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #37
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by caslu View Post
I don't think it really makes sense to keep Tarzan until the end... the game is clearly men vs. women and the jury is now loaded with men. Taking him to the end means risking losing everything to a 'revenge vote'.
At one time I thought Tarzan was a lock making it to the finals because he couldn't win, but I think most of the people he pissed off are gone (aren't they?) and unlike earlier seasons, there seems to be more 'revenge" voting than their used to be on the jury. It used to be about game play, now it's more about social play. But, if I were either Kim or Chelsea get to pick the final three, I would take someone like Kim, who is perceived as "in the group" but might not get votes as the winner. Or maybe even Alicia who's pissed people off.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #38
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I think Kim's best move would have been to take Troyzan with her to keep him from being able to talk to anybody else.
Kind of a "Last Meal".
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #39
InterMurph

Also:

Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #40
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Mazola party!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #41
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The "it" is to break from the girl alliance and make a move with Christina, Chelsea, Sabrina and Tarzan.
I think that's what the "it" is except I don't think Chelsea would split with Kim. She'd be better off going to Alicia.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #42
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
She could have offered, but I think that he would have refused.

What Kim really should have done is invite the lower-rung people, like Kat and Christina, to prevent Troyzan from trying to flip them. Chelsea already knows that she's safe...
I don't agree he'd turn it down. If I was in her shoes I think I would have taken him and Kat. That way Kat is reassured and Troyzan can't get to the other 4 people.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #43
lalouque
Quilter-Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
Kat's still cute. She gets a pass.

Go KAT!
Cute gets a pass over smart?? No wonder this world is screwed up.
lalouque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #44
BradJW

But she's REALLY cute!
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #45
pmyers

Kat doesn't do it for me, but she's not bad.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #46
Necromancer2006

Quote:
It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't type decision. You bring him along, he gets to eat and get stronger for the immunity challenge. If you don't bring him, he gets "alone time" with potential flippers.

I would have sat down with my "core" alliance (Kim, Sabrina, Chelsea, Kat) and get on the same page (it appears they were given ample clues about the reward). If one of us wins, and we're allowed to take one person, we take Alicia or Christina. If we're allowed to take a second person, we take the other one. That way, one of us is isolated with the potential flippers and we keep them away from Troyzan who is the only person at this point who can muck up the entire works.

In the end, it didn't matter. The moment that Troyzan lost, the remaining players knew he was going home. They tried to do a good job of showing the scramble, but when he was knocked out, his fate was sealed.
Necromancer2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #47
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhart View Post
Troyzan is an idiot who lost the game weeks ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
True dat. The guys still had a chance when the girls told Troyzan that one of the guys (Michael?) wanted him out and convinced him to side with them. Out-witted. Then they beat him in the immunity. Out-played. Then they voted him out. Out-lasted.
Yes. He acted the role of a Survivor savant among idiots the last couple of weeks, only because the dramatic needs of the show allowed it, but it was all theatrics, and little substance.

My final break from chauvinistic loyalty was last week when he, after waiting patiently to put a necessary tactic into action, entered a sub-max bid for the immunity comp advantage.

Contrast to Kim, who not only managed to avoid the infighting over who should have outbid Troyzan for the immunity advantage, but found herself taking a shower while eating chocolate and peanut butter with most of her cash still in her pocket.

Troyzan's parting encouragement to Kat shows he's likely to be another butthurt jury member with an inflated sense of self. If Kim is eliminated he will either try to take credit for it, or use her exit to make a case that it's really the strong players who are eliminated first, and the stupid or lucky ones who end up in the finals.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #48
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
It probably won't be Tarzan. I think at this point, Kim and Chelsea have a plan to keep him until the end. Do we know if the finale will be two or three this year?
They went to the jury with 12 people remaining, so that's a pretty good indicator that it will be a final three. I don't think they've ever had an even number of people on the jury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
I don't know if Christine is dumb so much as she didn't see anything gained in kicking up a stink about it. The others were going to do what they were going to do. Perhaps she decided to say nothing but rather to work on getting votes for Chelsea.
If that were the case, we would have seen a private interview with Christina explaining why she didn't say anything when Sabrina told her that. But we didn't see that, because Christina never clued in to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhart View Post
Troyzan is an idiot who lost the game weeks ago. Decent instincts, horrible execution (like when he didn't trust the girls and decided to use the idol. And then told that other moron his plans...)
Troyzan played his Idol because he didn't know Jay had told Kim about the Idol. And if Jay hadn't told Kim, Troy definitely would have needed to play it. So the only reason Troy didn't need to play it was something he didn't know, so there's no way he could have known to keep it in his pocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I thought that pig looked domesticated. If it was a wild pig and not used to humans it would have run off and not stopped. The running around in circles was a give-away to me that this pig came from a farm. Also the other staged scenes where the pig was nearby and just laying there as the tribe walks by.
Actually, that's not that surprising. Pigs and dogs roam around freely in Samoa like that, and since the island isn't that big, it's unlikely they haven't previously been exposed to humans.

I was really surprised at Kat's overreaction. I thought Kim and Chelsea had explained it beforehand that they were going to take the people that were most susceptible to being flipped, which is why Alicia went. Kim did make a mistake though, when she took Chelsea. She should have taken Christina instead.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #49
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I was really surprised at Kat's overreaction. I thought Kim and Chelsea had explained it beforehand that they were going to take the people that were most susceptible to being flipped, which is why Alicia went. Kim did make a mistake though, when she took Chelsea. She should have taken Christina instead.
I think Kat was mostly upset that Kim told her that she was going to take her, then didn't. Had Kim told Kat beforehand that she knew she wasn't going to sway and that she needed to take Chelsea because she was more worried, Kat would have felt like she was more secure in the alliance and they had a good reason to keep her there, even if it wasn't true.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #50
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Kim did make a mistake though, when she took Chelsea. She should have taken Christina instead.
she shouldn't have won in the first place - that was her mistake.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #51
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
she shouldn't have won in the first place - that was her mistake.
Exactly, winning that then winning immunity might make people think. Oh what am i talking about not enough people to actually vote her off think.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #52
Ruth
Now with toddler

Kim definitely messed up by not taking Kat after promising she would. I am sure it's hard to not take your friends along, but those are the moments that not thinking strategically can hurt you the most.

That pig was totally planted there by the producers. They also do things like stocking fishing areas with fish.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Exactly, winning that then winning immunity might make people think. Oh what am i talking about not enough people to actually vote her off think.
I agree. She should have let Chelsea win it but I think she was overcome by competition.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #54
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Not sure why the producers would plant a pig when the island is rotten with them. Hell, Florida is rotten with the damned things too. I see large sections of landscape dug up by them every day when I go for my walks during breaks at work. I could scare out a mess of them any time I wanted to go exploring into the brush along the road and this is a mixed residential/commercial area.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #55
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
That pig was totally planted there by the producers. They also do things like stocking fishing areas with fish.
Source? According to Dalton the area was overrun with pigs when he visited before the show started.

It sure didn't look like a wild pig but then I'm no expert.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #56
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I was SO happy to see that "pecking order" challenge brought back. That challenge has caused so much drama and really woke people up before and it delivered again.

+1. You're voting him off anyway... who cares if he eats a bit? That is MUCH easier to explain to Kat later, rather than why you picked another girl over her.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #57
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
+1. You're voting him off anyway... who cares if he eats a bit? That is MUCH easier to explain to Kat later, rather than why you picked another girl over her.
Like I said earlier though - it's a catch-22. If you take him, he gets to eat and gather more strength for the impending immunity challenge. If you don't take him, you run the risk of him doing exactly what he did which was get into the heads of the lowest on the totem pole (not that it got through to them).
Necromancer2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #58
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
Like I said earlier though - it's a catch-22. If you take him, he gets to eat and gather more strength for the impending immunity challenge. If you don't take him, you run the risk of him doing exactly what he did which was get into the heads of the lowest on the totem pole (not that it got through to them).
I think I'd rather take my chances with him getting a little energy than polluting the other players.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #59
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
I don't agree he'd turn it down.
Why not? If given a choice between a picnic with Kim (which isn't going to get him anywhere game-wise) and a chance to talk to others without Kim there in order to try to flip someone he'd definitely prefer to talk to people...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #60
EscapeGoat
wPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalouque View Post
Cute gets a pass over smart?? No wonder this world is screwed up.
I don't want Kat to win, but I wouldn't mind if she got to the final three. There's something about the combination of "Cute as a Button" and "Dumb as a Post" that makes me feel sympathetic to her.
EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote