TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
WinBear
Konner Kringle

Bones season 7 (post pregnancy)

Is anybody still watching? There's no threads for any of this season's episodes. I'm still enjoying it enough, but getting annoyed at a few things. They have overemphasized that Temperance is (now) a vegetarian. I think I've been enjoying the intern subplots more than the main murder.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinBear View Post
Is anybody still watching? There's no threads for any of this season's episodes. I'm still enjoying it enough, but getting annoyed at a few things. They have overemphasized that Temperance is (now) a vegetarian. I think I've been enjoying the intern subplots more than the main murder.
Pretty much sums it up for me.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
pkscout

We're three or so episodes behind, but I'd say we're watching out of momentum than anything else. The intern stories are about the best thing left in the show. Booth and Brennan getting together should have been the culmination of seven seasons and a great way to go out. Instead it seems like a pitstop on the trip to mediocrity.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
JYoung
Series 3

I don't know why you people are complaining now.
The show lost itself with the whole Gormogon debacle years ago.

And then, they reemphasized how lost they were with the cyber genius walking away scot free.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
I don't know why you people are complaining now.
The show lost itself with the whole Gormogon debacle years ago.

And then, they reemphasized how lost they were with the cyber genius walking away scot free.
I guess I was blocking it, but YES! I totally agree. The Gormogon incident was where the wheels came off, in my opinion. I think, if I remember correctly, that there was a writers strike that made them truncate the storyline, "so thats all we got." Really, they should have just dropped it rather than give us such a lame conclusion. It was a bit like heroes.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
Jon J
Curmudgeon

My wife is still watching but I gave up about three episodes ago. Bones' clueless literalism drove me away never to return. Booth is obviously the most patient person on the planet.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'm still hanging in. I've been down this road before with my favorite shows. The writers get a little goofy after a few years. It just means it's getting near the end of it's service life. I watched every single episode of Crossing Jordan, The Guardian, and Judging Amy and too many others to list. I expect I'll hang in there with Bones until the bitter end.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
ehusen
Geek not Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
My wife is still watching but I gave up about three episodes ago. Bones' clueless literalism drove me away never to return. Booth is obviously the most patient person on the planet.
Well I'm sure his training as a sniper helped. "Wait very still for hours, then take the shot..."
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinBear View Post
They have overemphasized that Temperance is (now) a vegetarian.
Did I totally miss something? The only clue I had that she might be a vegetarian was in this thread. I did notice in last week's episode that she ordered a veggie burger, but has there been something else? That would have totally not registered on my radar if I hadn't read this thread before I watched that. I have ordered veggie burgers before, and I am most certainly not a vegetarian.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I have ordered veggie burgers before, and I am most certainly not a vegetarian.
Did you order it with cheese and bacon? That really makes a veggie burger good.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Did you order it with cheese and bacon? That really makes a veggie burger good.
Just cheese.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
Timbeau

I have 5 or 6 episodes still unwatched on my DVR. I don't know if I'm still watching or not. I thought the show was pretty good when it just touched on the characters personal lives but the last few I actually watched, the show was about their personal lives and just touching on cases.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
jehma

Anyone still watching? What did you think of the finale?

Spoiler:

I kept thinking Bones' Dad would kill Pelant to save his daughter and granddaughter. I loved how the different characters dealt with her being a suspect.

I still don't completely buy them as a couple. Their chemistry isn't great, but maybe that's more due to her character than anything.
jehma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
SNJpage1

This show has got to get away with the baby parts. It ruined In Plain Sight for me and I am trying to keep watching Bones. What I enjoy the most is what is going on in the back ground with the other characters. Like when they used all the expensive test equipement to throw a party.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #15
Sadara
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout View Post
We're three or so episodes behind, but I'd say we're watching out of momentum than anything else. The intern stories are about the best thing left in the show. Booth and Brennan getting together should have been the culmination of seven seasons and a great way to go out. Instead it seems like a pitstop on the trip to mediocrity.
I agree with this completely. I'm still watching, my husband still really digs the show, but I'm past it. I often wait to watch it until he insists. I won't be sad when they do get around to cancelling it.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #16
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehma View Post
Anyone still watching? What did you think of the finale?

Spoiler:

I kept thinking Bones' Dad would kill Pelant to save his daughter and granddaughter. I loved how the different characters dealt with her being a suspect.
This is what I expected too. It still is possible next year of course.

Spoiler:
That was a REALLY good, complete frame job. The only weakness is, Bones is a forensic genius. There is no way that someone so intelligent, who has been working with the FBI for so long, would be making so many puerile moves/mistakes.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Old 05-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #17
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

This season was terrible until the finale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
jehma

Nice interview with Hart Hanson:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/15/bo...son-interview/

No real spoilers for next season, but definitely some info about the future for that characters.
jehma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #19
jschuur
TV-holic, improving

Interestingly enough, there's 4 additional episodes that exist before the new season apparently, but they don't have an air date yet. Presumably, these will be self contained ones that don't continue the events from the finale. Either they won't include Brennan, or they'll take place before the events of the finale:

http://tvline.com/2011/09/15/bones-s...xtra-episodes/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bones_(season_7)

"Why do I have to watch a French movie?! I didn't do anything wrong!" - Phil Dunphy
jschuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #20
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

I haven't watched an episode this year.
I don't even remember if it is a scheduling conflict or disinterest- I may have even recorded a few and deleted them after they sat unwatched for a bit.
I mostly no longer care.
The last thing in this series that interested me was the death of Vincent Nigel-Murray- after that I just kind of stopped watching.

And I will NEVER be over the Gormogon resolution fiasco.
That was the biggest dumbass move I have ever seen on a teevee show.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #21
Church AV Guy

Quote:
And I will NEVER be over the Gormogon resolution fiasco.
That was the biggest dumbass move I have ever seen on a teevee show.
well, not the biggest, but it is RIGHT UP THERE. There have been others of similar stupidity. I can't think of any right now, but I'm sure that they exist.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
eddyj

What Gormogon resolution? That never happened. Just like there was no 4th Indy movie.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote