TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #2851
Pete_C

Updated software this morning going from 6.2 to 6.4. I lost a bit of my "stuff".

Running tweak dot sh just get command not found after a bit.

Any suggestions.

Quote:
6.2-TiVo/tmp$ ls
ApgManager ShowcaseHasClipIndex.temp.0 Tms.temp.0 shmemd
Genre.temp.0 ShowcaseHasProgramIndex.temp.0 dbgc-mcp tcphonehome
HmeHost ShowcaseIdTmsIdToIdentIndex.temp.0 hppm tcphonehome.lck
KnownHostComponent ShowcaseIdentToIdIndex.temp.0 httpd tmkpidmap
Program.temp.52 ShowcaseIdentToProgramIndex.temp.0 huxley tmkpidmap.lock
ProgramToSeries.temp.24 Showing.temp.46 mcp tweak.sh
RendezvousDaemon SiHost mfsd tweak_uninstall.sh
S_EventSwitcherSocket102 SystemServices myworld twppid
6.2-TiVo/tmp$
6.2-TiVo/tmp$ sh tweak.sh

Enhancements directory detected. You must uninstall the previous version
of Enhancements before you install this one.
Would you like to uninstall the previous version now? [y/n]: y

exiting...
6.2-TiVo/tmp$ y
bash: y: command not found
6.2-TiVo/tmp$
6.2-TiVo/tmp$

Pete_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #2852
Soapm

Code:
if [ -d /enhancements ]; then
	echo "Enhancements directory detected. You must uninstall the previous version"
	echo "of Enhancements before you install this one."
	sleep 1
	echo -n "Would you like to uninstall the previous version now? [y/n]: "
	read uninstall
	uninstall_loc=`find / -name tweak_uninstall.sh 2>/dev/null`
	if [ "$uninstall" = "y" ]; then
		if [ "$uninstall_loc" != "" ]; then
			chmod 755 $uninstall_loc
			$uninstall_loc
		else
			echo
			echo "Could not find the uninstall script on your Tivo. Downloading it now..."
			sleep 3
			mkdir -p /hacks
			if wget -q -O /hacks/tweak_uninstall.sh http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_tweak/tweak_uninstall.sh; then
				echo "Download was successful. Uninstalling previous version now..."
				chmod 755 /hacks/tweak_uninstall.sh
				/hacks/tweak_uninstall.sh
			else
				echo "Download failed. Exiting..."
				exit 1
			fi
		fi	
	else
		echo "exiting..."
		exit 1
	fi
	echo
	echo "Uninstall successful. Proceeding with main script..."
	echo
	sleep 2
fi
Reading the code it looks for a directory called /enhancements which is what triggers that message. You could rename or delete that directory so that you pass that smell test.

Answering Y makes it run a script named tweak_uninstall.sh. You may want to make sure you have that script and looks like it should be in the root directory but I'm not positive on that since it later references /hacks/tweak_uninstall.sh.

Not finding the uninstall script makes it run this code which goes out and gets the script. You may want to make sure your Tivo is connected and can access the internet. If not my suggestion would be running zipper again then coming back to this one.

Code:
echo "Could not find the uninstall script on your Tivo. Downloading it now..."
			sleep 3
			mkdir -p /hacks
			if wget -q -O /hacks/tweak_uninstall.sh http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_tweak/tweak_uninstall.sh; then
Russ did a really great job with these scripts and it a shame the premier chain of trust has yet to be broken. Good luck...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #2853
l2bengtrek

hey guys...

It's not my intention to turn this into a step by step hacking how-to thread...but I can't seem to find the answer to a few questions. I've got a 6.4a instantcake and ptvnet cd order on its way and plan on trying to remedy my no locals problem with my hacked Phillips DSR704 DTivo this weekend. I bought it years ago already hacked. I think I have pretty good understanding on how to do this myself...but what I what I need to know is:

1: First of all, will I able to re-hack my DTivo using a 6.4a image? According to others, there will be no MRV and that isnt a deal breaker..I use other features..

1: Once I'm ready to FTP rbautch's enhancement script to my tivo...does it matter that directory I copy it to? What directory do I use?

2. Once I'm TELNET'ing and at the bash prompt...what exact command do I type to run it?

I'll try to keep the tech questions to a minimum..I think I should be able to do the rest with no problem..or feel free to point me in the right direction to where I can find these answers..
l2bengtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #2854
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2bengtrek View Post
hey guys...

It's not my intention to turn this into a step by step hacking how-to thread...but I can't seem to find the answer to a few questions. I've got a 6.4a instantcake and ptvnet cd order on its way and plan on trying to remedy my no locals problem with my hacked Phillips DSR704 DTivo this weekend. I bought it years ago already hacked. I think I have pretty good understanding on how to do this myself...but what I what I need to know is:

1: First of all, will I able to re-hack my DTivo using a 6.4a image? According to others, there will be no MRV and that isnt a deal breaker..I use other features..

1: Once I'm ready to FTP rbautch's enhancement script to my tivo...does it matter that directory I copy it to? What directory do I use?

2. Once I'm TELNET'ing and at the bash prompt...what exact command do I type to run it?

I'll try to keep the tech questions to a minimum..I think I should be able to do the rest with no problem..or feel free to point me in the right direction to where I can find these answers..
Don't know about 6.4a but you want to put the script in a directory you create called /hacks. Once you log in do:

cd /hacks
sh tweak.sh

Make sure you do a chmod 777 on the script before you try and run it.

chmod 777 tweak.sh while in the hack directory.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #2855
l2bengtrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Don't know about 6.4a but you want to put the script in a directory you create called /hacks. Once you log in do:

cd /hacks
sh tweak.sh

Make sure you do a chmod 777 on the script before you try and run it.

chmod 777 tweak.sh while in the hack directory.
Thanks.

so...type..

cd /hacks
chmod 777 tweak.sh

then since I'm already in the /hacks directory..type

sh tweak.sh

Do I have to create the /hacks directory or is it already created from running the CD? What's the purpose of the chmod 777?

Last edited by l2bengtrek : 04-24-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #2856
Soapm

Quote:
Thanks.

so...type..

cd /hacks
chmod 777 tweak.sh

then since I'm already in the /hacks directory..type

sh tweak.sh

Do I have to create the /hacks directory or is it already created from running the CD? What's the purpose of the chmod 777?
How did you hack the Tivo? If you used Zipper then the directory should be there. However, from the root directory you can type ls (lower case LS) and it should show you the directories. If you need to create it use mkdir tweaks.

chmod is how you change the permissions on a file or folder and in this case you're making the file executable. YOu can't run the script unless it's executable.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #2857
l2bengtrek

Quote:
How did you hack the Tivo? If you used Zipper then the directory should be there. However, from the root directory you can type ls (lower case LS) and it should show you the directories. If you need to create it use mkdir tweaks.

chmod is how you change the permissions on a file or folder and in this case you're making the file executable. YOu can't run the script unless it's executable.
Haven't done it yet..just getting my ducks in a row for when I do it this weekend. I'll be hacking it using the PTVNET CD and then running the enhancement script. I'm re-doing my drive in hopes of getting my local channels back because I'm still running 6.2 and half of my local channels have disappeared. It is by popular opinion on another thread here that updating to 6.4a solves the problem. I'm hoping that making a new drive with a 6.4a INSTANTCAKE CD and then hacking it with the PTVNET CD will get me back in business. I've just never ran the enhancement script before...my box was already hacked when I bought it. I can get the drive up and going...just kinda green on commands and such for running the script once I TELNET the Tivo. If you have the time, I'D LOVE a step by step on running the script if you want to message it to me..I'd appreciate it greatly! I would love to learn so I can do this myself!

Last edited by l2bengtrek : 04-25-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #2858
Soapm

I wished I could give you a more step by step but that's all there is to it. Once the script start it will ask you a series of questions which is custom to your preference then it will do its thing.

The first post of this thread gives you the questions it will ask and explain what each means. It's one of those things you have to do before you'll believe how easy it is.

http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_sapper.html
Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #2859
l2bengtrek

OK Thanks...let's see if I have this correct then:

FTP the script to the hacks directory..or any directory I want as long as I can find it?

Telnet the DirecTivo and once I make it to the bash prompt:

type:

cd /hacks
chmod 777 tweak.sh

(then type)

sh tweak.sh

...Correct?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #2860
Soapm

Quote:
OK Thanks...let's see if I have this correct then:

FTP the script to the hacks directory..or any directory I want as long as I can find it?

Telnet the DirecTivo and once I make it to the bash prompt:

type:

cd /hacks
chmod 777 tweak.sh

(then type)

sh tweak.sh

...Correct?
Yup. That should do it.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #2861
l2bengtrek

Quote:
Yup. That should do it.
Thanks for your help. I will let you know how it turns out. I do have one more question...I've been doing alot of thread searching on the databasedeal (or however it's worded ) threads about an updated superpatch for the encryption removal...any ideas on where I can find one for 6.4a? If anyone can point me in the right direction for that matter would be great...or would the 6.2a patch work? Appreciate all the assistance...
Old 05-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #2862
tecnofile

Quote:
Thanks for your help. I will let you know how it turns out. I do have one more question...I've been doing alot of thread searching on the databasedeal (or however it's worded ) threads about an updated superpatch for the encryption removal...any ideas on where I can find one for 6.4a? If anyone can point me in the right direction for that matter would be great...or would the 6.2a patch work? Appreciate all the assistance...
I used the one at this link and its seemed to work ok on my hdvr2. Hope it helps.

http://www.************.com/forum/sh...769#post296769
tecnofile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #2863
tecnofile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnofile View Post
I used the one at this link and its seemed to work ok on my hdvr2. Hope it helps.

Well that is obviously supposed to be ddb website, the forum nazi's censor machine asssterisk'd it to h e l l
tecnofile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #2864
sk33t3r

1. YES using zipper from here its attached to the very first thread.and details for running zipper are in this thread

What I would do is, extract the 000001 file (the 000001 file is the actual tivo os image)from the instant cake cd or image, and put that file (about 60meg) in my zipper iso. For details on making the zipper cd go here. Everything is there and it shows you how to setup the file structure so you can make your own ISO image with the 6.4a os

Even if you use the Instant Cake cd to load 6.4a, you are still going to need to make a zipper cd to get the hacks on. You cant ftp anything until the drive has zipper on it, zipper allows you to telnet and ftp.

2. SEE number 1 or go here

3. Once telnetted, you would run ./tweak.sh all the details are at this thread
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re

Last edited by sk33t3r : 05-08-2012 at 06:54 PM.
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #2865
richr69

Using zipper on a R10 6.3f version.

I executed the zipper on the R10 6.3f. After it completed, I could not telnet into it. Actually, my Airlink USB/Ethernet adapter lights were not even on.

After some investigation, I noticed none of the Airlink devices were added to the usb.map. I also noticed that the usb.map in 6.3f (as oppose to the usb.map in 6.1 version of the software) has "device usbnet" and no longer "device ax8817x".

The devices found under the "device ax8817x" in the usb.map in 6.1 were the same under the "device usbnet" in the usb.map in 6.3f. So it appears "device ax8817x" no longer exists in the 6.3f usb.map and Airlink devices need to be added under the "device usbnet".

So it appears (at least looking at the sapper.sh file found in the zipper.zip) that the zipper specifically checks for the "device ax8817x". If it does not find it, it will not add the Airlink devices to the usb.map.

Has anybody else had this problem?
richr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #2866
55tbird

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnofile View Post

This link doesn't seem to take you where it was intended, any updated link?
55tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #2867
sk33t3r

http://www.gamblin.net/Tivo/6.4a/superpatch_6.4a_crashHD.tcl
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #2868
Wil
Senile Member

6.4a HR10-250=6.4a HDVR2?

I am years away from the detail of DirecTivos other than the HR10-250 but long ago I constructed a Zipper CD to install 6.4a (including an image) on blank hard drives for HR10-250s. All the latest stuff; has worked fine on dozens of installs.

I have been presented with an HDVR2 !! and asked to create and install a hacked 6.4a drive. I really don't know anything about DTivos except for the HR10-250s. Will the same install CD work, or do I have to construct a CD specific to the HDVR2? Different 6.4a image? Different SuperPatch, set_mrv_name, etc?

Thanks.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #2869
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
I am years away from the detail of DirecTivos other than the HR10-250 but long ago I constructed a Zipper CD to install 6.4a (including an image) on blank hard drives for HR10-250s. All the latest stuff; has worked fine on dozens of installs.

I have been presented with an HDVR2 !! and asked to create and install a hacked 6.4a drive. I really don't know anything about DTivos except for the HR10-250s. Will the same install CD work, or do I have to construct a CD specific to the HDVR2? Different 6.4a image? Different SuperPatch, set_mrv_name, etc?

Thanks.
Paging Mr. ClassicSat, Mr. ClassicSat to the white courtesy post submission form please.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #2870
Wil
Senile Member

Turns out, as I look at it, I had customized the install script, added a lot of my own stuff and it's all oriented towards the HR10, and even that in a non-standard way.

So I'll either have to put together a new Zipper specific to the HDVR2 and 6.4a or just install the system and then modify manually. It's all coming back; the brain cells weren't lost, just temporarily pushed to the side.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #2871
Captain 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
Turns out, as I look at it, I had customized the install script, added a lot of my own stuff and it's all oriented towards the HR10, and even that in a non-standard way.

So I'll either have to put together a new Zipper specific to the HDVR2 and 6.4a or just install the system and then modify manually. It's all coming back; the brain cells weren't lost, just temporarily pushed to the side.
Couple things I learned updating my HDVRs to 6.4a:

Installed stock image and got it working before running Zipper on the disk. Couldn't get it to authorize and be able to record if I used Zipper to install the image but before running enhancement scripts. Guided set-up, let it phone in, re-authorized via website. Yanked drive and ran zipper. Maybe I was doing something out of order, but this has worked great for me.

I didn't have the latest Zipper tools and it hung up on installing 2.0 USB drivers. I was still on Zipper 2.8 and had no idea there were newer versions (4.5 is the latest I think... at least according to the version log). With latest tools including the 6.4a Superpatch, all good... except:
You will lose the Standby option. Just have to FTP Superpatch67Standby-6.4a over and run it.

One of my USB-ethernet adapters didn't like the new set-up. Must be the version of the adapter, but it still works on one of my units with 6.2a that I may leave that way for the shop (Tivoserver for motorcycle videos).

I manually run sc62remove (Think that's what it's called) to remove Showcases and Stars when I'm done. I had them re-appear one time, but I might have just forgot where I was on one of my installs. I just do it when I run Superpatch67Standby cuz I'm already at bash and I'm rebooting anyway.

Hope this helps (anybody).
Mike.

Last edited by Captain 80s : 06-28-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Captain 80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #2872
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 80s View Post
Couldn't get it to authorize and be able to record if I used Zipper to install the image but before running enhancement scripts. Guided set-up, let it phone in, re-authorized via website. Yanked drive and ran zipper. Maybe I was doing something out of order, but this has worked great for me.
I had a somewhat similar problem, no DVR capability when I finished doing everything same way I always did, with, I think, all the latest tools. Don't remember that ever happening before. I just ran guided setup AFTER everything else, false call home, and all was well.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #2873
CrashHD
I am the me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 80s View Post
Installed stock image and got it working before running Zipper on the disk. Couldn't get it to authorize and be able to record if I used Zipper to install the image but before running enhancement scripts.
It won't work before running the enhancement script. The enhancement is what sets up fakecall, and dvr functions don't work until the first call is made (or faked).
Old 06-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #2874
Captain 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashHD View Post
It won't work before running the enhancement script. The enhancement is what sets up fakecall, and dvr functions don't work until the first call is made (or faked).
Thanks. That makes sense. I don't know why I was doing it differently than I was years ago.... prob because it was years ago and I nearly forgot everything. I think I did have a problem on the first box to 6.4a for some reason, and that prompted me to start changing the sequence.

One box to go...
Captain 80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #2875
CrashHD
I am the me.

for diagnostic purposes, if you have telnet access to the machine, you can always manually call fakecall and reboot, too.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #2876
stevecon
Wicked Awesome!

I have several Zippered DirectTivo units that are in need of a 6.4x update. I don't want to spend any money on software (slicer, etc.) or time more than needed to get it to accept the update - basically, I'm not interested in a hacked device without MRV.

It's been many years since I zippered these devices and if I recall correctly, we disabled the Tivo from applying updates in the software options. Is is possible to telnet into the Tivo with a serial cable and change toggle the update setting so that the update will install?

If so, where is this done?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #2877
CrashHD
I am the me.

Assuming you have telnet access, "bootpage -p /dev/hda" will read back your bootpage. There will be a parameter in there for "upgradesoftware=false". If you remove that parameter, it will allow automatic updates. You'll have to look around for the exact command syntax for bootpage. I think I know what it is, but I'm not 100% certain so I won't say. If you do this wrong, the drive can become unbootable.

A simpler way to do it, would be rather than to allow automatic upgrades, just trigger a manual one.

"mfs_ls /SwSystem" is the command to list what software versions you have loaded in MFS. If 6.4a is present, it will be listed there. If it is present, and you issue the command "installSw.itcl 6.4a-{restofsoftwareversionnumber}" it will install, right then, and there. When it's done, it will reboot, and finish the update. Unless you take action to preserve them you will lose your hacks this way.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #2878
CrashHD
I am the me.

If "mfs_ls /SwSystem" does not list a version of 6.4a, you will probably have to get the unit calling in again to get it, or load it manually. The slice files necessary for this are out there, floating around the intertubes, waiting to be downloaded.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #2879
stevecon
Wicked Awesome!

Thanks - I'll search for the bootpage related info and determine valid "upgradesoftware" switches. None of my five Tivos can complete a call successfully. "Failed negotiating" "No dial tone" & "Busy" messages is all ever I get, regardless of which Tivo, phone line, phone number or dialing options I use - even when trying to download a new list of local access numbers from the 800 number.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #2880
darrin75

Its blocked in you author file remove the route entries and it will call. Also does anyone know if installing usb 2.0 drivers on dtivo 6.4a breaks connectivity. I am using DUb E100 Adapter...Thanks
darrin75 is offline   Reply With Quote