TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
tomm1079

kmttg - Command Line

does kmttg have command line options? It would be nice to be able to get the Season Pass list, To Do List and Will not record list to a csv or xml file via command line.

I used TivoToDo in the past but it has stopped worked sometime in march.

Thanks,
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
AudioNutz

Yes & no.

Since kmttg would typically issue these commands (via command line interface) to Curl, you should just throw those same commands at curl, right?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1079 View Post
does kmttg have command line options? It would be nice to be able to get the Season Pass list, To Do List and Will not record list to a csv or xml file via command line.

I used TivoToDo in the past but it has stopped worked sometime in march.

Thanks,
No, not for those functions. Curious why you need csv/xml though since conflict management can be handled via kmttg GUI such as cancelling or re-scheduling a show, scheduling to record on another premiere etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
tomm1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
No, not for those functions. Curious why you need csv/xml though since conflict management can be handled via kmttg GUI such as cancelling or re-scheduling a show, scheduling to record on another premiere etc.
I have a Windows Home server that i access every day. I would like to get a dump of the conflicts so i can then create a webpage for it and view it since i am in the server all the time. Just trying to make my life easier.

If i saw the link when i logged into the WHS i would remember to click it. Otherwise i remember about once a week when i am not doing anything.
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Soapm

It would be nice if I could run kmttg on my headless lenny box and control it via a web interface. That would be the ultimate in my book...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
lrhorer

Or you could just implement Xwindows on your server and run an X server (like Xming) on your Windows desktop.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
moyekj

Note that you can run kmttg outside your LAN with no VPN or anything like that needed. Under config-Tivo tab you can specify http/https/ipad ports to use on WAN side that via your router you forward to the appropriate TiVo on your LAN. So all the normal stuff you do with kmttg on LAN can be done over internet as well. I use kmttg from work and other locations outside my home all the time to interact with my 3 TiVos. Mostly these days I use the Remote functions for conflict management and for searching for new shows to schedule.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
Or you could just implement Xwindows on your server and run an X server (like Xming) on your Windows desktop.
I'll have to look into that. I thought I had to load a gui like gnome on the server for this to work. Especially since this is a java application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Note that you can run kmttg outside your LAN with no VPN or anything like that needed. Under config-Tivo tab you can specify http/https/ipad ports to use on WAN side that via your router you forward to the appropriate TiVo on your LAN. So all the normal stuff you do with kmttg on LAN can be done over internet as well. I use kmttg from work and other locations outside my home all the time to interact with my 3 TiVos. Mostly these days I use the Remote functions for conflict management and for searching for new shows to schedule.
So I am clear, kmttg is running on the remote computer and you're coming into the port just to access the Tivo? IOW, you're not remotely administering kmttg are you?
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
So I am clear, kmttg is running on the remote computer and you're coming into the port just to access the Tivo? IOW, you're not remotely administering kmttg are you?
No remote admin - that would require a computer running 24/7 at home which I don't have/want. Just opening up ports wan side on the router and forwarding to the TiVos. Of course when running kmttg on WAN side you set up TiVos manually with your WAN IP and the corresponding opened ports (and turn off bonjour and TiVo beacon). Some will make a fair point that opening up ports in the router to make your TiVos accessible to the outside world is risky, but I've never had issues especially since there is still authentication involved (10 digit MAK) to actually do something useful.

BTW that's one of the major problems with the TiVo iPad/Android apps - most of the good functionality is unavailable outside your LAN.

Last edited by moyekj : 04-25-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #10
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
I'll have to look into that. I thought I had to load a gui like gnome on the server for this to work. Especially since this is a java application.
Well, the server runs on the workstation where you are typing, but yes, you will need to have a display manager running on the headless workstation. You don't necessarily have to have a Desktop manager running on the headless workstation, but it may be easier. If so, you can use XDMCP to handle the session.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote