TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #31
Idearat

I can't picture them doing another reboot, so my guess (or hope) would be that the whole kidnapping of the crew is resolved in an episode or two.

The people back in Eureka in the mean time are going to be trying to figure out where the ship went. Granted, most of the people who usually come up with the technical solutions are on the ship, but they've still got Henry.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #32
aaronw

time travel is never a good plot device, and now we have time travel mixed up with 4 years of being "lost" that didn't actually really happen? I'll finish the show, but I have not been a fan as of recent.
aaronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronw
time travel is never a good plot device,
I disagree. Time travel sci-fi is my favorite.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #34
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
I disagree. Time travel sci-fi is my favorite.
Mine also. And that's why I loved what they did in Season Four.

I wonder if they come back and resolve it, then those four years haven't really passed and Jenna will go back to being just a toddler, and all will be as it was, only maybe a few months separation instead of 4 years.

In the coming scenes after the episode-

Spoiler:

They did have Jack proposing to Alison, so I am not really worried. Either they stay four years ahead and Jo and Jack break up or it goes back to normal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #35
WinBear
Konner Kringle

Spoilers from my observations in the previews.
Spoiler:
It looks like Jack mind swaps with someone in the artificial reality, which should give the Astraeus crew hope and those left behind in Eureka hope.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #36
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Mine also. And that's why I loved what they did in Season Four.

I wonder if they come back and resolve it, then those four years haven't really passed and Jenna will go back to being just a toddler, and all will be as it was, only maybe a few months separation instead of 4 years.

In the coming scenes after the episode-

Spoiler:

They did have Jack proposing to Alison, so I am not really worried. Either they stay four years ahead and Jo and Jack break up or it goes back to normal.
And this is why I probably won't stick with the show. If they go back to things as they were (and not as they appeared in this ep), I'm gone. I absolutely detest the relationship between Allison and Jack; it's the singular thing that has ruined this show for me. Way too sappy for a Sci Fi show....

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #37
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinBear View Post
Spoilers from my observations in the previews.
Spoiler:
It looks like Jack mind swaps with someone in the artificial reality, which should give the Astraeus crew hope and those left behind in Eureka hope.
Spoiler:
I think it is Fargo. But I wasn't sure if it was alternate reality or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #38
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
And this is why I probably won't stick with the show. If they go back to things as they were (and not as they appeared in this ep), I'm gone. I absolutely detest the relationship between Allison and Jack; it's the singular thing that has ruined this show for me. Way too sappy for a Sci Fi show....
But the stuff in this episode is all made up in Alison's head - isn't it? Is Grace and Fargo and the rest of the crew helping to feed this false reality?

I don't like the Alison and Jack relationship - not since the beginning, but I knew there was no way to stop it. And Jo and Jack just makes my skin crawl, though at least they didn't come back to find Jack with Tess.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #39
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
But the stuff in this episode is all made up in Alison's head - isn't it? Is Grace and Fargo and the rest of the crew helping to feed this false reality?
I thought they were all in the same virtual reality...it's not in anybody's head.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #40
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I thought they were all in the same virtual reality...it's not in anybody's head.
Maybe I will go back and rewatch the ending again.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #41
busyba
The Funcooker

They're all connected to a single virtual reality. Bascially, the Astraeus crew members have all been plugged into The Matrix.

Also, regarding the time-travel comment, even if what we saw really happened and wasn't an artificial VR construct, that wouldn't really be a "Time Travel" story in the same way their trip to the 1940's was a Time Tavel story. This would be more like a Rip Van Winkle or Buck Rodgers story.

But in any case, the amount of time that has elapsed between the Astraeus being lost and us seeing Beverly running the Matrix is almost certainly not four years. It's probably a minimal amount of time at this point, like days, maybe weeks tops.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #42
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
But in any case, the amount of time that has elapsed between the Astraeus being lost and us seeing Beverly running the Matrix is almost certainly not four years. It's probably a minimal amount of time at this point, like days, maybe weeks tops.
That's certainly my assumption.

I think the 4 years of 'matrix' time was just another way to hide the inevitable glitches in the virtual townspeople. Just like breaking up most of the relationships that bridge Astraeus and virtual helps hide any mistakes the virtual Jack or Jo might make with Alison and Zane (and the stress of the Andys also provides excuses).

Which does lead me to wonder why Beverly didn't have Henry move on as well. Was it just that she know noone would accept that? Or did she have better info on Henry so she could build a better virtual replacement?

Not loving the twist, but willing to see how the season plays out. (And of course speculate along the way)
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #43
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:

I don't like the Alison and Jack relationship - not since the beginning, but I knew there was no way to stop it. And Jo and Jack just makes my skin crawl, though at least they didn't come back to find Jack with Tess.
Now, see....I loved the relationship between Tess and Jack. To me, that was the best stretch of episodes for this show.

XL4
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #44
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Now, see....I loved the relationship between Tess and Jack. To me, that was the best stretch of episodes for this show.
Well, see, I enjoyed him and Tess - I just didn't wanted to see it played again. I mean it seemed like he was really loving Alison and taking Tess as second choice. I would loved if they had somehow sent Alison to Australia and left Tess there with Jack to start a family. To have him be free of the 'maybe Alison needs me for something' syndrome.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #45
DouglasPHill

I finally watched this. Special effects were great. I hated most of last season because I kept expecting the reboot to reboot and fix everything back to the way it was. Sinister Andy was great. Agreed, I have never liked Carter-Allison romance. Get rid of Fargo's girlfriend. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #46
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
... It will be interesting to see where this goes.
I'm afraid it will not...

XL4
Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #47
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I've always like the Carter-Allison dynamic, but then I like it more when Nathan was around.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #48
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
The thing that bothered me while i was watching the episode was that no one seemed to be really concerned with why the ship launched on it's own and what happened to the crew and where they were for 4 years. They didn't seem to be doing much of an investigation or anything and it was just like ok your back and just try to slip back into your life.
Even once the twist was revealed it was still odd that none of the crew seemed to be very interested in what happened to them and why 4 years had passed.
How were they supposed to be concerned with that? Those who supposedly remained behind claimed that they'd been investigating it non-stop for four years, despite the fact that the government closed the official investigation after only a year. The returning crew was just getting acclimated to the changes in the town and hadn't yet had any chance to start investigating the situation. Once the twist was revealed, they never showed us what the characters were thinking. The twist was only revealed to the viewers, and only at the very end of the episode. The characters don't know about the twist.

What I'm confused about is whether Beverly's virtual reality includes Henry having the secret room, and he and Carter secretly continuing the investigation and not being on board with Deputy Andy's regime. Seems odd that Beverly would create a reality that includes people actively rebelling against that reality.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #49
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
How were they supposed to be concerned with that? Those who supposedly remained behind claimed that they'd been investigating it non-stop for four years, despite the fact that the government closed the official investigation after only a year. The returning crew was just getting acclimated to the changes in the town and hadn't yet had any chance to start investigating the situation. Once the twist was revealed, they never showed us what the characters were thinking. The twist was only revealed to the viewers, and only at the very end of the episode. The characters don't know about the twist.

What I'm confused about is whether Beverly's virtual reality includes Henry having the secret room, and he and Carter secretly continuing the investigation and not being on board with Deputy Andy's regime. Seems odd that Beverly would create a reality that includes people actively rebelling against that reality.
Perhaps this is not the first time that she has created this reality, as previous attempts had failed due to the human element being suspicious of an environment that was too perfect.
pteronaut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #50
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteronaut View Post
Perhaps this is not the first time that she has created this reality, as previous attempts had failed due to the human element being suspicious of an environment that was too perfect.
Heh.

But seriously, giving the rebels an outlet for their rebellion while keeping them in the VR is obviously working to her advantage...they think they're bucking the system, but are really playing into it. Meanwhile, what she wants to get done is getting done.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #51
Cragmyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I've always like the Carter-Allison dynamic, but then I like it more when Nathan was around.
Is Nathan alive in this time-line? I thought he was in an earlier episode, but I also know that he was a hallucinationin a previous episode too.
Cragmyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #52
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Maybe we'll have a Eureka/Fringe crossover.
And throw in a little Sanctuary while we're at it.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #53
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpence View Post
Maybe we'll have a Eureka/Fringe crossover.
And throw in a little Sanctuary while we're at it.
And an artifact. They need another Warehouse 13 visit. Lets' see Carter and Pete get together for a beer.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #54
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragmyre View Post
Is Nathan alive in this time-line? I thought he was in an earlier episode, but I also know that he was a hallucinationin a previous episode too.
No, they confirmed he was still dead in the post-time travel timeline.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #55
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteronaut View Post
After all, in their minds, it's 2015/6 and most likely the information that Beverley seeks relates to something that is due to happen between now and then, so revealing it shouldn't matter, if their situation was real.
Much like the ST:TNG episode "Future Imperfect" (or at least the first level of it).

I suspected at the beginning that they were in a virtual reality and one of the things that helped that belief along was that every scene contained at least one Astreaus crew members...until Cater and Jo had their little tête-à-tête at the house. They talked for several minutes while Allison was upstairs (Allison only came down in time for the kiss). That convinced me that the virtual reality theory wouldn't work...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #56
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I figured they were dreaming or something akin to that (VR) as soon as it was apparent things were wonky. Much to my disappointment, I was correct....

XL4