TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #31
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
And once again - fricken' Hollie dodges a bullet.

WHY CAN'T SHE JUST GO AWAY!!!

Oh well, at least she wears cute outfits and tonight was no exception. She can't sing great, but she does have good fashion sense.

As for Colton, I have been meh about him all season, and he really stank it up last night, so it wasn't shocking. I really am surprised that Elise didn't go home, but she is much better than Colton IMO.

I think now that Colton is gone, all his votes will swing to Phillip. He is almost guaranteed a spot in the final. It will be interesting to see who will be standing next to him...
Hollie can sing very well. She definitely did better than Colton on Wednesday night this week.

I would have rather it been Jessica personally, great vocals until this week, but disconnected.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #32
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post

Next week is Queen week- should be plenty of ear bleeding going on for everyone!

Please, please, please let Jessica sing 'Somebody to Love.' That could be pure awesomeness.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #33
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
Please, please, please let Jessica sing 'Somebody to Love.' That could be pure awesomeness.
That's the song the Queen Extravaganza tribute band is doing on results night so I doubt any of the contestants will be given a shot at it.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #34
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
That's the song the Queen Extravaganza tribute band is doing on results night so I doubt any of the contestants will be given a shot at it.
That is a shame. It really is the most mainstream Queen song that some of the big singers could sink their teeth into.

I have tried to come up with song choices for the remaining 6 and am coming up blank. I thought Somebody to love was a lock for someone.

We are The Champions will probably get sung.

Love Of My Life would be a good choice.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love is radio friendly but not the best song for impressing the audience.

You're My Best Friend might not be a bad choice.

Will anyone have the guts to attempt Bohemian Rhapsody? I don't see any of them pulling that off.

The one person I question the most is Phil. I am not sure his growl is going to work on any Queen song.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #35
tiams

Is Adam Lambert singing with Queen?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #36
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Is Adam Lambert singing with Queen?
He is, but only for a very limited number of appearances. (I think only 2 or 3 have been announced.)

(Note that Queen is *not* performing on Idol... the Queen Extravaganza is, though.)
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #37
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
He is, but only for a very limited number of appearances. (I think only 2 or 3 have been announced.)

(Note that Queen is *not* performing on Idol... the Queen Extravaganza is, though.)
I meant is he singing on Idol next week with Queen Extravaganza.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #38
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
I meant is he singing on Idol next week with Queen Extravaganza.
No. He has nothing to do with this group. The (main) lead singer for QE is Marc Martel, formerly of the band Downhere.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #39
cl8855
woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
The one person I question the most is Phil. I am not sure his growl is going to work on any Queen song.
i was thinking Killer Queen for Phil
Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #40
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Jessica - Spread Your Wings or Don't Stop Me Now

Elise - Tie Your Mother Down or FBG

Skylar - FBG or Crazy Little Thing Called Love

P2 - Get Down, Make Love or Another One Bites the Dust

Joshua - The Show Must Go On (sans vacuum cleaner)

Hollie - We are the Champions or I Want it All

If anbody tries Bohemian it should be Elise....but I be they do that as a results show group song.....

Last edited by danielhart : 04-20-2012 at 12:21 PM.
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #41
kettledrum

Quote:
I think Colton's religious voting block turned on him for singing Lady Gaga. Fundamental Christians are very anti-Gaga. That's what got him booted. He knew it and that is what he was apologizing for. That's also why he fell on his knees and sang what he calls his worship song.

Did anyone else see all of the other contestants start going to him for hugs and such then have to turn around when he fell on his knees?
I had wondered what his more religious followers were going to think of him doing a Lady Gaga song, which I happened to kinda like...
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #42
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:

It's terribly confusing for peeps that don't follow Queen closely.
tiams- Queen Extravaganza the tribute band is all new folks, fan voted and Roger approved.

As far as (the real) "Queen featuring Adam Lambert" so far there are four shows- Moscow, Kiev, and two in London although Brian mentioned a couple of days ago that they were trying to add a more London dates as they sold out so fast.

As far as the Idols singing Queen I can think of many good songs- my pics might be The Show Must Go On, I Want To Break Free, I Want It All, Killer Queen, Save Me, One By One, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, You're My Best Friend, Seven Seas of Rhye, One Vision, Living On My Own, I'm Going Slightly Mad, Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, Fat Bottomed Girls, It's A Hard Life, Who Wants To Live Forever, Love Of My Life, These Are The Days of Our Lives, Play The Game... the list is endless and most should be familiar at least to us geezers.

There is literally something for everyone in any style they feel like doing.
Personally I am hoping for P2 to do Fat Bottomed Girls... and NO ONE to do Don't Stop Me Now as it is my personal theme song and thus sacrosanct
Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #43
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Wow. Colton huh? Did NOT see that one coming. At least not the go home part... I'd guess this bodes well for Phillip Phillips.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #44
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
It's terribly confusing for peeps that don't follow Queen closely.
tiams- Queen Extravaganza the tribute band is all new folks, fan voted and Roger approved.
Brian as well. Roger was the main driving force, but Brian has offered his endorsement.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #45
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

I'm not thoroughly convinced that Phillip will benefit from Colton's votes.
I mean he went home in seventh place, so doesn't have a ton of died in the wool voters to begin with. If, as is believed around the Idol boards, his Christian fan base abandoned him because he performed Gaga (which is what most believe his apology and sing out behavior was all about) then I can't see them switching horses just because their he went home.
They just won't vote, at least not in the frenzied power texting manner a true fanatic would.

We all assume P2 is running away with it but we just don't know and that's why it's an interesting season to me- anything could happen.

Quote:
Brian as well. Roger was the main driving force, but Brian has offered his endorsement.
Yebbut- that sentence didn't quite have the same ring to it
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #46
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhart View Post
Jessica - Spread Your Wings
Love that song!! I figured it was never popular enough for anyone to choose and it was from an album released well before these contestants were born.

Quote:
As far as the Idols singing Queen I can think of many good songs- my pics might be The Show Must Go On, I Want To Break Free, I Want It All, Killer Queen, Save Me, One By One, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, You're My Best Friend, Seven Seas of Rhye, One Vision, Living On My Own, I'm Going Slightly Mad, Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, Fat Bottomed Girls, It's A Hard Life, Who Wants To Live Forever, Love Of My Life, These Are The Days of Our Lives, Play The Game... the list is endless and most should be familiar at least to us geezers.
I don't even recognize many of those songs but I was definitely a mid to late 70's queen fan (Sheer Heart Attack - Live Killers). The Game was the first Queen album I did not purchase because I did not like Another One Bites The Dust or Crazy Little Thing Called Love.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #47
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Crazy Little Thing Called Love has Phillip written all over it.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #48
Cainebj

and dial idol was right this week.

i would have been way more shocked if i had not seen their prediction yesterday.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #49
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Crazy Little Thing Called Love has Phillip written all over it.
Ick. I can Phillipize that song in my head and I do not like what I hear.
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote