TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
tiams

Raising Hope S2E22 I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back OAD 4/17/12

Even though I didn't like the storyline, I still enjoyed this episode. Still a cute, funny show.

"I'm not moving half way across the country to Tibet".

"What are we, Quakers? Why is there no music in this church?"

Nice touch having Earl being in the vehicle that hits someone instead of being the one who got hit.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
BradJW

I really didn't like this storyline at all. Loved it last week. Still glad I can look forward to seeing it return in the fall.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

My wife and I watched both episodes last night. I thought they were a couple of the worst episodes of Raising Hope.

The only thing I really liked was how they resolved it, with serial killer going after Sabrina. That was a pretty creative way to resolve it quickly.

The Joe Dirt reference was pretty good too.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
holee
Uncertain

That was the funniest ending I've seen in a while.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
The only thing I really liked was how they resolved it, with serial killer going after Sabrina. That was a pretty creative way to resolve it quickly.
I must have laughed two minutes after that happened. This is one of the best comedies on right now. They could make Lucy like Kenny, but only come back once a year (after a it took a year to recover from the previous year's near death experience)
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
I really didn't like this storyline at all. Loved it last week. Still glad I can look forward to seeing it return in the fall.
That was my take. The setup episode was a lot better than the resolution episode. At least they didnt' go "they fried my twin" which was what I expected. I liked the send ups to Earl that popped up all over. I could see this as the series finale too, and I wonder if that was considered when they wrote this not knowing if the show was going to be canceled (ok...not renewed).
Old 04-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@thehickmans View Post
I must have laughed two minutes after that happened. This is one of the best comedies on right now. They could make Lucy like Kenny, but only come back once a year (after a it took a year to recover from the previous year's near death experience)
I did wonder if she would come back again. Since the bus drove her off the screen, they could come up with some scenario for her to survive. After all, if she can survive being electrocuted, why not this?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
dthmj
Hinky

I think it would be great if she was back alive at the end of each season with a quick killing her off again.

Alive for one episode is fine - but I did not want to go through an entire season of the mom being alive and causing trouble.

Also - apparently the mom got lots of money from the state - since she had custody of Hope when she died, Hope should inherit that money, right?

I wouldn't want the show to turn into another "Rosanne hits the lottery" - but saying something about the money being in a college fund for Hope would be nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Gaming Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- My brand new personal blog!
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmj View Post
I think it would be great if she was back alive at the end of each season with a quick killing her off again.
I sort of suspect that they intend to do something like this.

Maybe once per season she re-appears, only to be "killed off" again.

Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
GDG76
Hide your kids/wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
That was my take. The setup episode was a lot better than the resolution episode. At least they didnt' go "they fried my twin" which was what I expected. I liked the send ups to Earl that popped up all over. I could see this as the series finale too, and I wonder if that was considered when they wrote this not knowing if the show was going to be canceled (ok...not renewed).
I thought this episode was hilarious and the setup episode was by far my least favorite of the series. Probably because it had Nancy Grace in a featured role (and secondarily because it wasn't funny).

"I'd bet my ass on it. And if you saw my ass, you know that's a bet I'd love to lose"

"I actually make most of my money selling juice supplements" followed by "We're not paying for that juice" and then the funnel.

"I did some things in the bedroom where I probably should have asked permission first."

And the whole bit about "things happen in tiny cramped spaces that normally wouldn't" and the two miners look at each other.

It's the first one I've wanted to rewatch in a while. I agree that they should bring back the cereal killer every season finale.
GDG76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmj View Post

Also - apparently the mom got lots of money from the state - since she had custody of Hope when she died, Hope should inherit that money, right?

I wouldn't want the show to turn into another "Rosanne hits the lottery" - but saying something about the money being in a college fund for Hope would be nice.
I think this episode was written as a series finale, so they didn't consider what would become of cereal killer mom's money. But technically, Jimmy would inherit the money since he was married to her. I hope the Chance family doesn't suddenly become rich. I like them poor. We already have Sabrina whose family is rich.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I hope the Chance family doesn't suddenly become rich. I like them poor.
Don't worry, they would lose the money pretty quick.