TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Haldurson

New TiVo Direct TV user

I used to use two old series 2 TiVos with the normal DirecTV SD receiver, but recently upgraded to Direct TV with TiVo. My biggest issue so far is that it seems like no one at Direct TV has the correct info on them (well someone might have the right answers, but they contradict each other so often that it's difficult to tell).

What I have now are two THR22-100 TiVo HD DVRs. The manual for them suggests using either a direct internet connection or an ethernet bridge to connect them to the internet. I shopped for one on-line, got confused, so decided to call Direct TV to ask them what they recommend. They suggested that I purchase their Direct TV Cinema package. So I bought it.

Anyway, in the mean time, they had to send a tech over to upgrade my antenna, and he tried installing the Cinema pack, but couldn't get it to connect over wifi. So he ran a cable to my router, and he still could not get it to work. Next he spent some time on the phone with Direct TV tech support, and they told him that the new TiVo DVRs will not be able to connect to the internet until they get a software upgrade, and they had no idea when that upgrade would be forthcoming.

So my question is, how much of this is actually true, and has anyone had any success getting this TiVo to connect to the internet? Because right now I'm feeling really helpless at the mercy of others who don't seem to know what they are doing either.
Haldurson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
My THR22 connects fine to the Internet. What the installer told you is bogus. But I have seen complaints from people using the CCK so there may be an issue there.