TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I really wanted Lisa to get fired, but I knew her team would win. Oh well, maybe next week.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #32
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I think it is impressive that Teresa travels back and forth from New Jersey every night and takes care of 4 kids and a husband all while working on this show. She may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she is to be commended for that. None of the other contestants have that added pressure.
I've heard they tape are long, I doubt she's doing much for the family on the days they tape.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #33
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Just to add some fuel to the Lisa hate, which I think is already fully-deserved from her behavior on the show:

Lisa Lampanelli uses racial slur against Dayana Mendoza
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #34
2004raptor

I also don't get all the Lisa hate. I am a little shocked at her crying about some things but she may just not be cut out for this type of a show. Has she really done/said anything to anyone other than Dayana? I think she just doesn't like her and/or their personalities don't mesh well. Add that to her seeming to think Dayana really doesn't do anyhting (in the first few tasks at least) and it's not a recipe for lifelong friends.

As far as her "racial slur", she shouldn't have said it but no one cared when Arsenio used some pretty harsh words with Aubrey. Lisa's a comedien. She's kinda like a "shock jock". They say things that ride the line and maybe she went over the line this time.

Of course, I'm in the minority on this. Once people have their minds made up on who they like or dislike, they usally defend them until the end.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
I also don't get all the Lisa hate.
I'm surprised at statements like this. As I've said previously, Lisa is a vile person. You don't communicate with people the way she does. She has a chip on her shoulder and instantly attacks, yelling and screaming insults. Hell, you don't even communicate with dogs that way. I wish she would just go away forever. No need for her type of person in society.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
I'm surprised at statements like this. As I've said previously, Lisa is a vile person. You don't communicate with people the way she does. She has a chip on her shoulder and instantly attacks, yelling and screaming insults. Hell, you don't even communicate with dogs that way. I wish she would just go away forever. No need for her type of person in society.
I guess I missed all the "vile" stuff on the show. Maybe I ff'ed too much. Yeah, she didn't like Dayana. She talked over her (and I think Dayana did the same) in one episode. What else? That's what I asked originally.

She did use the racial slur, which is uncalled for, but have you ever seen her stand up or roasts? She says some pretty brutal stuff sometimes.

ANd, as I said, Arsenio did the same thing. Takling/yelling over Aubrey, calling her some pretty vile names, but most people here, it seems, thought that was OK.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #37
DLL66

Quote:
I guess I missed all the "vile" stuff on the show. Maybe I ff'ed too much. Yeah, she didn't like Dayana. She talked over her (and I think Dayana did the same) in one episode. What else? That's what I asked originally.

She did use the racial slur, which is uncalled for, but have you ever seen her stand up or roasts? She says some pretty brutal stuff sometimes.

ANd, as I said, Arsenio did the same thing. Takling/yelling over Aubrey, calling her some pretty vile names, but most people here, it seems, thought that was OK.
The difference is that Arsenio doesn't do it on a daily basis and also admitted that he shouldn't have chose that path.
DLL66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #38
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL66 View Post
The difference is that Arsenio doesn't do it on a daily basis and also admitted that he shouldn't have chose that path.
I can see your point. maybe I am not remembering it correctly but I don't think Lisa did it daily. I know there was at least a task or two she really didn't fight and didn't she even complement her on one or two?

ANd maybe Lisa will admit she shouldn't have called her (insert racial slur here). But I just don't see an issue with her raising her voice. It was in the heat of the moment (a couple of times) and she was, arguably, right. Even if just in her perspective. Besides, that's what happens in darn near every "reality" show. People whine, yell, complain, cuss, whatever. Just because it was against this stunning woman it's a big deal.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #39
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Just because it was against this stunning woman it's a big deal.
Not a factor at all.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #40
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
ANd maybe Lisa will admit she shouldn't have called her (insert racial slur here). But I just don't see an issue with her raising her voice. It was in the heat of the moment (a couple of times) and she was, arguably, right. Even if just in her perspective. Besides, that's what happens in darn near every "reality" show. People whine, yell, complain, cuss, whatever. Just because it was against this stunning woman it's a big deal.
You're SO #$%ing stupid #$% you #$% retard @#$hole there's not a brain cell in your #$%ing head and I've told you @#$%tard times and it goes right through your #$%head god #$%it could you be any #$%^ing STUPIDER and useless, #$%ing <insery nationality here> the whole lot of them are #@*$ing retarded.

Is that really how you talk to people?
Can you really not see how offensive that is?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #41
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:

Once people have their minds made up on who they like or dislike, they usally defend them until the end.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #42
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Is that really how you talk to people?
Can you really not see how offensive that is?
Is that how I talk to people? No. What's your point?
Of course, I find it offensive. Well, I should say I would find it offensive if someone said it to me but if I deserved it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Once people have their minds made up on who they like or dislike, they usally defend them until the end.
I think I said that but thanks for reminding me.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #43
Mikeyis4dcats

you don't see the wrong in calling someone a racial slur?

Arsenio calling Aubrey the words he used are at least based on her personality and the choices she makes as a person, not the color of her skin.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #44
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats View Post
you don't see the wrong in calling someone a racial slur?
Maybe you should re-read my posts.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #45
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
I think I said that but thanks for reminding me.
You've decided you like Lisa from the beginning and can't possibly see that she has been vile.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #46
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

I found Joan Rivers to be alot worse than Lisa.
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #47
2004raptor

Quote:
You've decided you like Lisa from the beginning and can't possibly see that she has been vile.
Wrong.

I just don't define her behavior as vile. And I think I said she said some uncalled for things. Mainly the racial slur. Probably wasn't a smart thing to day but if you've seen her stand up, she's said worse.

Again, Arsenio's comments were more out of line on the show IMO.

Sanppa - Funny you should mention Joan. Only other season of CA I saw was with her on it. I remember not liking the "poker" chic although I can't recall specifics. And I liked Joan.

maybe I just like vile people.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #48
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

If you still like Joan Rivers after watching her Apprentice run, then there's something wrong with you.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #49
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
If you still like Joan Rivers after watching her Apprentice run, then there's something wrong with you.

+1. I was totally turned off by Joan after seeing her on the show.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #50
mattack

Quote:
Wrong. I think she has a potty mouth and wouldn't want to hang with someone who talked like that all the time (or much at all).

I also think she's largely been intelligent and hard working, and pointing out (in her potty mouth ways) that "the pretty people" get to skate by day to day because of their looks.

(BTW, I *also* think they way overblew the "Dayana is useless" meme earlier.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #51
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post

I also think she's largely been intelligent and hard working, and pointing out (in her potty mouth ways) that "the pretty people" get to skate by day to day because of their looks.

(BTW, I *also* think they way overblew the "Dayana is useless" meme earlier.)
Seems to me that because of this prejudice "the pretty people" have to work three times as hard to get half as much credit- if they are given credit at all.

Dayana has been nothing but class in the way she has reacted to the venom spewed at her.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #52
ADent

I think Lisa's crying was an act. It was after Trump asked her which two to bring back. Which she never answered.

Once again the women get asked this question and don't answer it and no repercussions. I think it is the 3rd time. The guys got hammered for not answering it and have answered it every time since.
ADent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #53
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

You realize Lisa is also the creative genius behind the most losses this season, right?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #54
2004raptor

Quote:
You realize Lisa is also the creative genius behind the most losses this season, right?
Very true but others have had almost zero ideas. But the majority of her creativeness (and Aubreys) have been complemented by the compaines. But they just weren't quite as good as the other teams.

I think alot of people are forgetting the point of the show and focusing on the drama.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #55
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Very true but others have had almost zero ideas. But the majority of her creativeness (and Aubreys) have been complemented by the compaines. But they just weren't quite as good as the other teams.

I think alot of people are forgetting the point of the show and focusing on the drama.
I think that is the point of the show. It would be a snooze-fest otherwise.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #56
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Going to start of by saying I am not excusing the racial slur but the link did mention that the interview where she said it and was swearing was on SeriusXM. Alot of the programming there is very uncensored and a few shows on there take full advantage of it.

I do enjoy Lisa on her roasts and the one stand up special I saw her on. She did NOT have to go there with dropping the S-bomb. It is very disappointing and disgusting she did. If she said EVERYTHING she said in that quote without the S-bomb it would be par for the course with her comedy. But that slur she said just dropped her out of the dark comedy category and into Michael Kramer territory.

As for the show I have no issues with Lisa on it besides her constant crying. I loved that she shut Clay up. That was funny.

I'm actually more annoyed with Arsenio than anyone else. Arsenio's comments/rant was really bad. And his faux apology was awful as well. He went on and on about Aubrey this and Aubrey that but he failed to see they won BECAUSE of her.
Out of the 7 left I rank him 5th. Only above Dyanna and Theresa. Penn, Lisa, Aubrey and Clay are all stronger than him.
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #57
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:

You do realize that many of the losses could have been turned around had Lisa actually listened to what Dayana suggested?

Medieval Times Dayana said they needed to keep it family friendly and was ignored.
She cautioned them that putting "itching" and the like on the Walgreen's box would be negative and was ignored.
She came up with the NYC guide book idea.
She saved Penn's ass when he called Walgreen's Walmart.

And there are several more I can't recall and am not motivated to search out.
The loudest ideas are not the best ideas and their losing so much pretty much proves that.

Dayana has to be triggering something in Lisa- the obsessive repeating of "And I was left ALL ALONE to handle this work ALL BY MYSELF" . . . . and "NO ONE even BACKS ME UP, no one HELPS me" . . . and "WHY do I HAVE to [fill-in-the-blank] EVERY SINGLE TIME all ALONE and NO ONE helps??"

I'm betting Lisa had an older prettier sister than mom always loved best.
Either that or a hot Latina stole her man.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #58
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
She came up with the NYC guide book idea.
How was that her idea, that was a task parameter. Other than being an hour and half late for the graphic designer due to taking so many pictures and then requesting subway directions at the last minute, Dayana was invisible.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #59
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

I no longer have that ep to refer back, but I remember something...
If it makes you happy leave out that one- she's still had good ideas that could have helped if anyone had bothered to listen IMO.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #60
jpcamaro70

Dayana has ideas every week but, it's true, most people dismiss her. I wasn't a fan of hers at the beginning thinking she got on the show because she's hot and she'll go far because Trump loves hot gals. But she's a lot more intelligent than i thought.

I am a fan of lisa, i love her stand up, but seeing her crying like a little girl over nothing, totally ruins my image of her.

All that being said, there should be a law outlawing making Dayana cry, unless it's a good cry.