TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
mlsnyc

Tivo HD's signal momentarily lost (TWC in Manhattan)

In the last couple of days my Tivo HD (model TCD652160 according to Weaknees) appears to momentarily (<1s) lose signal whenever I switch anything (channels, tuners, etc). I thought it may be the tuning adapter but this also happens when I go from live TV to the Tivo menu and when going through my recordings.

I've power-cycled both the Tivo and the TA just to see if that does anything, and it doesn't. I'm continuing to see this behavior which after a while, even though it only lasts less than a second, gets very annoying. Imagine the TV turning on and off every time you change channels.

The only other weirdness I'm noticing is specifically on A&E's HD channel where FF'ing skips many frames. e.g. When FF'ing, as soon as I see the show return from commercial and resume play, it's suddenly 30+ seconds to a minute in, as opposed to just a few seconds in and I can do the 8-second skip back.

There doesn't seem to be any other noticeable problems that would make me think the normal culprits like hard drive or power supply failure.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Ideas as to what's going on and what I can check? I'm on Time Warner Cable in Manhattan, NY.

Thanks in advance.
mlsnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
mlsnyc

UPDATE: After futzing around a little it looks like changing the video output to be "1080i fixed" solves the issue. It was previously set to "1080i hybrid". It's been so long since I set up this box that I don't remember if I had set it at hybrid and suddenly this behavior started happening, or had it at fixed and a recent reboot set it back to hybrid. At the very least it stops the appearance of the signal getting lost. There's still a momentary black screen when switching channels, tuners, recordings, or menus.
mlsnyc is offline   Reply With Quote