TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
ukerin

phone connection problems

my tivo has not made a successful call since late March it keeps saying there is no dail tone.Everything working fine though.How do I fix this ?
ukerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukerin View Post
my tivo has not made a successful call since late March it keeps saying there is no dail tone.Everything working fine though.How do I fix this ?
Could be that the internal modem has gone bad. What model Tivo is it? If it has a serial port (like S1 and S2 boxes) you can add an external modem or you can try doing serial PPP to your computer (assuming that your computer has internet). If it an S1 box, there is something called a Turbonet card that installs internally and gives you ethernet connection capability. S2 boxes can use a Tivo preferred USB to ethernet adapter. Lots of options. Then again, if the box is not lifetimed, a newer box might be the best bet.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
ukerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
Could be that the internal modem has gone bad. What model Tivo is it? If it has a serial port (like S1 and S2 boxes) you can add an external modem or you can try doing serial PPP to your computer (assuming that your computer has internet). If it an S1 box, there is something called a Turbonet card that installs internally and gives you ethernet connection capability. S2 boxes can use a Tivo preferred USB to ethernet adapter. Lots of options. Then again, if the box is not lifetimed, a newer box might be the best bet.
I do not really understand anything you said except sorry.What model TIVO do you have ?And the answer is.DSR 108 it is a phillips.maybe I just need to unplug it them plug it back in?
ukerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
cannonz

http://www.tivopedia.com/tivo-modem-issues.php
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote