TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > DVD TiVo Units (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
megancheung

connect DVD Recorder to Tivo problem?

How do i connect my samsung DVD recorder to Tivo so i can burn my shows to make room on the Tivo drive.
megancheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

You are in the forum area for TiVo DVRs wtih built in DVD players/burners and I doubt anyone who frequents this forum would ever need to add an outboard DVD burner. You are likely to get more responses in the help forum.

A short answer is to put the recorder between the DVR and the TV or A/V receiver. Use the best available connections to do so. If you are using a DVD TiVo, use RGB. If using a standard series 2 TiVo use S-Video and the RCA (red/white) audio connections. Then connect the output of the Burner to your TV (or AVR) using the same connections that used to come from the TiVo DVR. Good luck.
CuriousMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
rainbow

just as a quick FYI - I have a Panasonic dual vhs/dvd recorder. i have it set up and record dvds of shows as I am watching them, just as I would have done w/a vhs recorder.

That way I am able to remove them from the Tivo to make space in the HD. I do have to admit I am a bit OCD about keeping shows, etc.

I have had HD failure in the past, so just keeping them stored on the tivo HD is subject to that loss (if you want to keep shows).
rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
lmuofbvsspr

BeBaDJk Tory Burch Sale sogewhbvSClWmaHm

fWXtquU toryburch-only com/]Tory Burch Sale imqAySjACo
lmuofbvsspr is offline   Reply With Quote