TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Gerryex

Grey's Anatomy - 4/12 ** SPOILERS **

Hi ALL,

First off, is anyone still watching this? At times I don't know why I'm sticking with it as it can get quite soapy (and dopey!). Especially concerning how the hospital is being run.

One premise that was in this episode really annoyed me. Yang and Hunt are having marital problems so they both call in "sick." Hunt is now Chief of Surgery so someone has to fill in for him. Dr. Sloan (the Plastic Surgeon) announces that he is acting Chief of Surgery and in one situation refuses to give permission to transplant a set of organs that may have been compromised into a patient. Later on he relents and allows the surgery.

What's crazy though is that near the end of the eposide Hunt comes back and is talking to Shepherd who said that Sloan did a good job as acting Chief of Surgery. Hunt then says that he never appointed Sloan to act for him and that he was going to pick Shepherd or someone else, but not Sloan.

So here we have a Dr who just decides to step in and take over as acting Chief of Surgery with no authority to do so. And in that capacity he denies a surgical procedure. If that patient had complications from that decision the hospital and Sloan could have been sued for evey penny they had!! Its incredible that something like this could happen with no adminstrative oversight.

Also bugging me is that any large businese would NEVER allow a husband and wife to work in the same department let alone with one being the supervisor of the other, which has happened many times on the show.

But, oh well, its TV and not Real Life!!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Cainebj

I am but I decided months ago to just fast forward through any scene that was JUST Yang and Hunt.

Man - talk about a show getting stuck in a bad tedious storyline.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Archangel00

Yeah this thing has a lot more to dislike than whether Sloan being "chief for the day" is believable or not. Which was one of the very few enjoyable things in this particular episode.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Queue
UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Um. I complained last year and maybe the year before that about the show. But nothing else came on during the time slot that I wanted to watch.

But this year I just stopped watching. Deleted the SP for it. Haven't looked back.
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
hummingbird_206

I'm still watching. The storylines kinda suck, but I really like the characters and the actors, so I stick with it.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote