TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Blacknotice

Comcast On Demand in The Bay Area

I live in San Francisco, and I thought that I would have received Xfinity On Demand already. I called up Tivo customer support, they took me through the whole possess to get it to work, and they said that I should of had it by now. I've owned the Tivo Premiere since the day it came out. I have the latest software. Forced connected and rebooted the Tivo. But nothing

Does anyone else in the Bay Area have this problem? Is there a work around?
Blacknotice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
minimeh
Vanity Phrase Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknotice View Post
I live in San Francisco, and I thought that I would have received Xfinity On Demand already. I called up Tivo customer support, they took me through the whole possess to get it to work, and they said that I should of had it by now. I've owned the Tivo Premiere since the day it came out. I have the latest software. Forced connected and rebooted the Tivo. But nothing

Does anyone else in the Bay Area have this problem? Is there a work around?
I too am in San Francisco (94158), with 2 Premieres that have 20.2.0a, have done forced updates, rebooted multiple time, etc. and no luck with on-demand at all. So you're not alone.

I'm assuming something with Comcast itself is at issue but it hasn't been important enough for me to pursue it further.
minimeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
StringFellow

I am not surprised...anything these involves a cable card ends up being problematic..everything from subscribed channels to On Demand (in your case).

Good luck getting your issues resolved.
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
minimeh
Vanity Phrase Here

I just ran across this post from pacifent in "TiVo Coffee House":

Quote:
Hello folks,
I am a comcast employee and want to advise you that the only cities in the first phase of the vod launch in the bay area are Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Gatos, Milpitas,
Monterey, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga, and Sunnyvale....others will be added later this month!

minimeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Blacknotice

Thanks Minimeh, It's good to know that I'm not alone. But apparently we are suppose to have it by now( depending on the day we purchased the Premiere). If you do get it, can you reply here please?

And I hope its not the Cable Card. I never had a problem with it so far. I even installed it myself.

I also had a problem with on Demand on my xbox. I had to call up comcast so they could send in a code to fix it. I hope its not on there end

Thanks again Minemeh for the link!
Blacknotice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Bighouse
200 Club Member

According to the zip code check site I'm supposed to get it within a couple of weeks. I'll check it and reply with the news once it hits my (95446) area.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
smarthur

I live in San Jose, CA 95110. The Xfinity On Demand icon appeared Saturday afternoon 4-14, I can see the folders and program listings but when I go to play a show I get a gray screen saying to contact my cable provider to activate service.

I contacted Comcast they "sent a message to the cable card." But it does not fix the issue. I know my area is the first market to get this new feature and I'm sure there will be hiccups. I just hope they get resolved quickly.

I'll update my post when it starts working.

UPDATE:

After visiting Tivo's support page for Xfinity On Demand

I figured out that my Cable Card was not paired.

Calling Comcast and giving them the Host ID and Data ID from the gray trouble screen allowed them to pair my cable card.

I'm now seeing the On Demand video.

Last edited by smarthur : 04-15-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: issue resolved
smarthur is offline   Reply With Quote