TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Punker1234

Slight delay in Video Previwer Tivo button/Guide

Hey folks.

Thanks for looking. Just made it easy and uploaded a small video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhzyId58YVY

Just upgraded to a Premiere from a THD for the last 3 years. One of the main reasons is for HD menus and the video preview box.

So my question is this. Lets say I'm browsing the guide with the video preview open. Video in the top right is running as it should be. However, if I hit the Tivo button to take me to the main menu, the video will pause for a split second and then continue.

It's a small stutter, but I'm assuming because I'm switching from guide to Tivo main menu it does this. I guess I just want to confirm this is normal? It's slightly annoying, but it certainly could be worse. I was accustom to my old cable DVR that the video feed was never interrupted regardless of what you did with the box.

PS I should also mention, that if I opened and close the Channel Guide, the video preview doesn't miss a beat. It just seems to happen when i go from Channel Guide to main menu and vice versa.

Last edited by Punker1234 : 04-14-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Punker1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Yes, the pause/delay from TiVo Central to Live TV is normal, hopefully in the next SW update in a few weeks it will be as smooth as Guide to Live TV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
MacQ2

I reduced the length of pauses in general by setting just one video resolution in my Settings.

Originally the Tivo Setup set several resolutions - 720p, 1080i, 1080p - but once I unselected all but one the menu transitions were quicker.

I currently use 720p as one local OTA channel is slightly jiittery for sports at 1080i. Not sure whose fault that is but don't really care (TV probably) - I can not tell the difference.
MacQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
Punker1234

I think mine is defaulted to 720p (my tv only has that, looking to upgrade). It's super minor, but it does bother me that it basically halts the feed for 1/2 a second and then continues. Hopefully they will update the software to fix it, but maybe thats being optimistic. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Punker1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
compnurd

It is much faster since the last update when they updated the discovery bar. The .5 second delay will probably be normal since it loads content when you click the button.
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote