TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Bighouse
200 Club Member

Season Pass Manager Help!

I am having a problem with SPM that I did not have before. When I find an upcoming episode of a show that I want on the program guide and chose the record option for season pass the season pass manager will NOT use the selected episode and channel chosen from the program guide, it will instead default to the next available show time and channel!!!

This sucks because it now requires several different steps because now I must scroll through "view upcoming episodes" to find the show and channel time slot that I originally picked from the program guide!

This is not the way my S3 worked and with the new, slower I interface on the premiere elite makes using the SPM a real pain in the @

Did TiVo change this pattern of use or is there some way I can tell the SPM to use the channel and time slot I have selected and not one of its own choosing?
Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Gadfly

I ran exactly to the same problem last night with my new Elite and it kept refusing recording the show from a HD channel I had picked. Now I know why it kept picking the other SD channel.

Bug or 'feature', Tivo is one of the worst companies I have ever seen when it comes to developing software. Utter crap...
Gadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
Bighouse
200 Club Member

That's really bad behavior and in no way an improvement! What use to be three or four button pushes to get accomplished now takes four times that!

Booooooooo!

Is this common for all premieres or just the Elite models?

Last edited by Bighouse : 04-14-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
Bighouse
200 Club Member

Update- though I think the SPM should record with the network chosen from the program guide it does appear that I can now scroll left or right on the channel options to select the channel I want it recording from. This option was ghosted out last night after initial setup though there were multiple channels that offered the show. Does it take a while after a box is set up for it to gain full functionality???
Old 04-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
monkeydust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post
Does it take a while after a box is set up for it to gain full functionality???
Yes, a couple of days.
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote