TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > Developers Corner
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
jcthorne

Still should not take that long.

My 141k files took about 2 hrs to build the cache. They are all stored on the NAS. jukebox is running on a windows pc at the moment with pytivo.

Great that it works though and only needs to build the cache when things change.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #32
jbernardis

An update on Jukebox. I guess inactivity here means that the app has been working for everyone. I've been makeing a few changes however, and should shortly have an update.

lrhorer has requested a lyrics retrieval feature, and although I was a bit reluctant, I have been working on it. I actually was just about completed with it when it stopped working altogether. I looked into why it was failing and discovered that the site I was using - azlyrics.com - was not responding. Thinking the site had crashed or was having other problems, I just stopped for the night. Over the next day or two, I noticed that I could access the site from work, but not from home. When I queried them about it, they stated that my IP address had been blocked because of what their bot determined was malicious behavior. I think something along the line of 10 requests in a minute or 100 in 15 minutes (which is probably what I exceeded) is considered malicious and the ip address is blocked for a week. If repeated, the block could be permanent.

Well I was finally unblocked just today and was able to work through the last couple of issues. I just want to run with it myself for a few days to make sure it holds together. And of course since I don't want to be blocked again, I am pacing my testing
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #33
jbernardis

I just put version 1.0e of Jukebox up on git. This has the lyrics retrieval feature requested by lrhorer. I also fixed a little bug. In the past, I have been constantly concerned about jukebox being a memory hog. So much so that when the app deactivated, I went so far as to actually destroy my cache, thinking that I could somehow hasten garbage collection. Well that was all well and good until I was requested to pre-load the cache. When the cache is pre-loaded, I obviously don't want to destroy it, so I made this fix.

A Note about lyrics retrieval - be aware of the restrictions of azlyrics.com that I discuss in the previous post. When I first saw it in operation, I thought it was cool, so I went crazy requesting lyrics for song after song. If you do this too, you will likely end up with your IP address blocked.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #34
lrhorer

Hey Jeff, I have run across an issue.

The player won't play a file by .38 Special. I suspect it is because it takes the leading period in the file name to mean the file is hidden. Of course, there aren't a lot of files with leading periods in the name, but renaming the file breaks the convention of <artist> - <Song>.mp3.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #35
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post

The player won't play a file by .38 Special. I suspect it is because it takes the leading period in the file name to mean the file is hidden. Of course, there aren't a lot of files with leading periods in the name, but renaming the file breaks the convention of <artist> - <Song>.mp3.
I assume the filename is something like ".38 Special - Hold on Loosely.mp3"?

I'll look at how the logic breaks down on this one - sound's like it might be pretty simple.

BTW in my collection, .38 Special is listed as 38 Special - without the leading period. I did this a while ago - not sure why, but that's why I didn't hit this issue.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #36
jbernardis

Quote:

Fixed.

Version 1.0f is now up on git - see my signature.

This was a simple change - one line had to be removed. The issue wasn't that files wouldn't play - they never even made it into the cache. Therefore, you will still be unable to play these songs until you rebuild the cache.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #37
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernardis View Post
BTW in my collection, .38 Special is listed as 38 Special - without the leading period.
Heh, same here. At least we all have good taste in 80s music.

The new lyrics function is neat, BTW.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #38
lrhorer

Quote:
I assume the filename is something like ".38 Special - Hold on Loosely.mp3"?
You assume correctly.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #39
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Heh, same here. At least we all have good taste in 80s music.
Of course we do! We're smart enough to be using vidmgr, aren't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
The new lyrics function is neat, BTW.
That's why I requested it.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #40
cassiusdrow

I love this! Between this and Pytivo, I can finally get rid of Galleon!

Is there any way to prevent the sudden return to Live TV that sometimes happens when the music is done playing?
S2 240, 500GB
All Lifetime
Cable:

NAS:
cassiusdrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #41
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiusdrow View Post
Is there any way to prevent the sudden return to Live TV that sometimes happens when the music is done playing?
pyhme delivers an "idle" event to the app periodically when there is no remote control activity - I'm not sure what the timer period is. While music is playing, I dismiss this event in a way that keep the app active. If no music is playing, it allows the idle timer to kill the app and return to live TV.

I guess it's possible, based on the specific timing, that an "idle" event may arrive shortly after music finishes playing. If this happens, then yes the screen will be quickly dismissed.

I can, if you want, add an option to keep the app active when the idle event arrives, but this will mean that the app will never time out. Alternatively I can add logic that requires the receipt of two (or more) "idle" events before it times out.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #42
cassiusdrow

Quote:
I can, if you want, add an option to keep the app active when the idle event arrives, but this will mean that the app will never time out. Alternatively I can add logic that requires the receipt of two (or more) "idle" events before it times out.
I'd prefer an option to always ignore the idle events - Galleon had a similar setting. Thanks!
S2 240, 500GB
All Lifetime
Cable:

NAS:
cassiusdrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #43
jbernardis

Version 1.0g is now on git. A new option has been added: ignoreidle, default value of False. If set to true, jukebox will not time out; you will need to explicitly exit from the app. I also changed the normal timeout logic to not react to the FIRST idle event, but to wait until the second such event before it times out. As always, the application will NEVER timeout if music is being played.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #44
davidblackledge
Registered lÜser

Quote:
pyhme delivers an "idle" event to the app periodically when there is no remote control activity - I'm not sure what the timer period is.
Just as a point of information... it's the TiVo that delivers the event over HME. pyhme is just passing it along and doesn't handle the timing. If I remember correctly, you get one every 5 minutes of idle time.

David.Blackledge.com Solitaire/FreeCell, Calendar, Map...
hmedev.wikidot.com
davidblackledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #45
species8472jj

I am probably making this more complicated than it is or I should be reading this with more than 2 hours of sleep, but I'll ask my question anyway.

When you say to install jukebox in my pyhme directory, I am not sure to what you're referring? My PyTivo directory? Python directory?

I have pytivo installed and working (actually have for quite some time). My pytivo is running on a Windows 7 PC, so if you could answer my question, I appreciate it.

Thank you.
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #46
jbernardis

You need to run wmcbrine's HME for python. Jukebox is an application that runs under that framework. Check out this thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=382883

Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #47
ricosuave

Does anybody else have an issue with Beyoncé showing up as Beyon?? anytime the artist name is displayed?
ricosuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #48
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
Does anybody else have an issue with Beyoncé showing up as Beyon?? anytime the artist name is displayed?
That's going to happen with non-ascii characters. To be honest, I found it easier to change the metadata and file names so that it simply shows up as, for example, Beyonce.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #49
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
That's going to happen with non-ascii characters. To be honest, I found it easier to change the metadata and file names so that it simply shows up as, for example, Beyonce.
There is no reason it need happen.

Code:
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

from hme import *

TITLE = 'Hello World'

class Hello(Application):
    def startup(self):
        Font(self, size=36, style=FONT_BOLD)
        #self.root.set_text('Hello, world!')
        self.root.set_text(u'Beyoncé')

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #50
Soapm

Quote:
Of course we do! We're smart enough to be using vidmgr, aren't we?

That's why I requested it.
I didn't picture you as a karaoke type but if you have the vocal cords you might as well use them. I joined the choir at Church and they changed practice night to one when I worked then made a rule that you can't sing on Sunday if you didn't make rehearsal.

I guess envy gets the best of even the Church folks
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #51
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
There is no reason it need happen.
Don't change your metadata yet.

I knew the issue was that I was forcing ASCII when I didn't really need to. I started working on a fix, and it should be rather simple - just give me a few days to work it in and test it out.

Wednesday or Thursday I should have a fix up.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #52
ricosuave

Great news! Thanks for keeping jukebox up to date.

Quote:
Don't change your metadata yet.

I knew the issue was that I was forcing ASCII when I didn't really need to. I started working on a fix, and it should be rather simple - just give me a few days to work it in and test it out.

Wednesday or Thursday I should have a fix up.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #53
jbernardis

I just put version 1.0h up on git. This adds support for unicode-encoded metadata.

ricosuave - I don't have a lot of metadata that isn't ASCII, so I couldn't easily test this without using contrived data. I'm hoping you'll let me know if you have any issues with this version.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #54
ricosuave

Thanks for getting this out so quick. All the non ASCII characters look great and sort properly. Now I have a new problem though, it's not playing any tracks. The progress indicator just stays at 0:00 and it doesn't move. Any suggestions? Is there a log somewhere I can look at?

Quote:
I just put version 1.0h up on git. This adds support for unicode-encoded metadata.

ricosuave - I don't have a lot of metadata that isn't ASCII, so I couldn't easily test this without using contrived data. I'm hoping you'll let me know if you have any issues with this version.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #55
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Try rebooting the TiVo? This happens pretty regularly with the HMO version of the MP3 player; I'm not sure if the HME streamer is similarly affected, but I wouldn't be surprised. It's a TiVo-side bug (at least the HMO version is).

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #56
jbernardis

There is a new version of Jukebox on git - I introduced a bug in the lyrics retrieval code when I added the support for unicode. Version 1.0i.

ricosuave - I hope wmcbrine's suggestion got you going again. This sounds likely. Jukebox plays no real active part in actually playing the file. It creates the stream, and thereafter just reacts to status messages that the TiVo delivers. It sounds like your TiVo was, for whatever reason, not sending these messages, so hopefully a reboot solves it.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #57
species8472jj

I am in the process of setting this up. I have one question.

I got everything installed except, I cannot find where to change the directory where my music is stored. It defaults to my music directory on my PC, but that not where my music is stored.

Could you please let me know how to change that?

Thank you.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #58
jbernardis

Pytivo actually serves the mp3 files. You need to set up pytivoand define a music share there. Then you tell jukebox where the pytivo configuration can be found

Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #59
species8472jj

Thanks for the direction - makes total sense.

One final question. I got the whole thing up and running. The only thing is when I choose a track to play, it does not play. It shows the proper screen, but it just hangs at time index 0:00.

If you could help, that would be great.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #60
jbernardis

Do you have the proper ip address and/or port specified for the pytivo server. Somewhere in the output from jukebox there should be a line like "Server address = %s:%s". Make sure this points to pytivo. You can specify both of these in your jukebox.ini file (serverip= and serverport=). If you do not specify serverport in your ini file, it gets it from your pytivo config file. But make sure it points to pytivo, and NOT to jukebox/pyhme.