TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
h0sti1e17

Freezing and Rebooting Tivo Premiere XL

My Tivo Premiere last night froze up twice; once when doing a search, and once when accessing my programs. After a about 30 seconds of it feezing up, the TiVo rebooted. I ended up switching to the SD menus, and everything has been find since then.

Up until last night I would get freezing issues (the spinning circle) but after a few seconds it would work fine. Last night was the first time it ever rebooted.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? I prefer to use the HD menus, but can live with the SD menus if that is what I need to do. I am just wondering if something else might be effecting it. Or it is was some sort of commucation error.

Thanks in advance.
h0sti1e17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
lpwcomp

The Premiere's HDUI is egregiously oversensitive to network problems. It's one of the things that leads me to think that TiVo's current s/w design, implementation and testing process is deeply flawed.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote