TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
walterw

Any way to list all movies in the next 2 weeks?

I just made the switch from my old ReplayTVs to Tivo Premiere's. So far, the thing I'm finding that I miss are ReplayTVs Zone guide and wondered if Tivo has anything similar I haven't discovered yet.

With Zones, among other things, I could get a list of all Movies coming up in the next 2 weeks. More specifically, I could break that down and get all 4 star movies, or all comedies, or all foreign films, etc. There were dozens of categories. I typically checked it on Sunday mornings and set up recordings for the next week. I haven't found a similar function on Tivo. Is there a way to do that?

[Update] Just found that I can do this at tivo.com Find TV Shows. Still, is there a way to do it at the Tivo?

Last edited by walterw : 04-05-2012 at 09:54 AM.
walterw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
logicman

Have you tried setting up a Wishlist?
logicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Robert2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterw View Post
I just made the switch from my old ReplayTVs to Tivo Premiere's. So far, the thing I'm finding that I miss are ReplayTVs Zone guide and wondered if Tivo has anything similar I haven't discovered yet.

With Zones, among other things, I could get a list of all Movies coming up in the next 2 weeks. More specifically, I could break that down and get all 4 star movies, or all comedies, or all foreign films, etc. There were dozens of categories. I typically checked it on Sunday mornings and set up recordings for the next week. I haven't found a similar function on Tivo. Is there a way to do that?

[Update] Just found that I can do this at tivo.com Find TV Shows. Still, is there a way to do it at the Tivo?
You can do all of this stuff, but only in the HD interface. Although I use the SD interface most of the time, I switch to the HD interface when I am doing searches like this.
Robert2413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
walterw

I had not tried doing a wishlist. My understanding, after having the Tivo less than 24 hours, was that a wishlist was for recording things. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I don't want to record EVERY movie, I just want a list that I can browse and pick which ones I want to record.
walterw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
logicman

Wishlists are searches in which you can specify multiple criteria such as genre, title keywords, actors, etc. You can then use the Wishlist to view a list of upcoming shows that match your criteria. Setting a Wishlist to automatically record is an option.
logicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
justen_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterw View Post
I had not tried doing a wishlist. My understanding, after having the Tivo less than 24 hours, was that a wishlist was for recording things. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I don't want to record EVERY movie, I just want a list that I can browse and pick which ones I want to record.
You can set a wishlist up to auto-record, but it doesn't have to. Once you have it set up, choosing not to auto-record, you can choose to view upcoming episodes that match the withlist, and do this at anytime, for example once a week, and it will show upcoming matches through the end of the guide data.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
pmiranda

I've been doing this all the time since I got my S3 and now on my premiere with the SDUI...
There's something like "browse shows by date/time", and you can put in categories like HD, and Movie, and even genres. Then you just page through the list and select stuff you want to record.
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
DonaldBurns65144

With HD Menu --->Tivo Button, Find TV, Movies & Video, Browse TV & Movies, Movies:

Then pick 4 Star Movies this week. (Sorry can't do 2 weeks)
DonaldBurns65144 is offline   Reply With Quote