TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
crazydooker

Lost all recordings after new TiVo interface showed up

Well, I am certain that nobody can actually help with this issue, but I at least thought I'd mention it here.

Yesterday, while watching a show on our Premiere, the TiVo suddenly shut off, rebooted, and when it came back it was like it was a brand new TiVo, asking us what country we live in, etc. Had to go through the entire new setup, and once we did, the new interface was there.

Unfortunately, none of our shows were. We lost everything. Months of shows we were storing up - gone.

Anyone else have this problem? It was really heartbreaking... I love my shows and some (like my soap opera, which I was about 28 days behind on) I can't find anywhere to watch online.

Kym
crazydooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
HomeUser

Ouch! that sucks. Anything at all in the Now Playing? Did your Season Passes survive?

You might switch back to the SD interface select Messages & Settings > Settings > Displays > Choose TiVo Menus > TiVo with SD Menus
HomeUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
crazydooker

Nope... nothing at all survived. Nothing in Now Playing, no season passes. It was like it was reformatted... brand new TiVo, had to go through the entire setup.

<whimpers very sadly>
Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

That's nuts!

Have you called TiVo to see what they say?
You give them your TSN, maybe they can look at their logs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:19 AM   #5
ggieseke

It sounds like this.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1722

Does switching to the SD menus help?
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
crazydooker

Sadly, no. I got all excited thinking this was the problem... but I switched the menus and still, all the shows are lost.
I suppose I can call support, but again, it's like we formatted the TiVo to re-sell it or something, it wiped it completely clean of all of our information - like it was fresh out of the box. But it might be interesting if they can pull logs to see what happened.

Wah