TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
tiams

Key and Peele

Anyone watching this? It's on Comedy Central. Two comedians who have white mothers and black fathers and consider themselves to be black men. They do sketches with some stand-up in between. Very funny guys! A lot of the sketches are available on youtube. The funniest parts though are the two of them on stage talking to the audience. My favorite sketches are Obama translator, the one where they were on the slave auction block, and the one where they are a gay couple just finding out that gay marriage has been legalized.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
getreal
postcrastinator

I love this show. Both guys have great chemistry.

I read online that the black community thinks they are not "black enough" and are sell-outs, but I think they are marketing themselves to a whiter demographic than something like "Everybody Hates Chris", and I hope it works for them.

Very film noir for some of the sketches -- with the look and feel of a movie. Not like "In Living Color", where the staged sets in front of studio audiences were more obvious.

Only the clearly staged intros and outros are in front of the studio audience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote