TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
frankygamer

THR22-100 has the Premiere Partition Table

On another forum, someone posted the THR22-100 partition table. I find it interesting TiVo spent the time and money to upgrade to the Premiere disk partitioning but not bring any of the TiVo specific features with it.

So even though the box acts like a HR10-250 with MPEG4, under the hood work was done to bring at least the base SW up to the Premiere baseline. Hopefully this shows at least a chance adding features in the future.

Also interesting is references to MRV in some of the log files. Maybe just dead code but just the reference of it shows the SW is "newer" then the last of the HR10 SW.
frankygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankygamer View Post
On another forum, someone posted the THR22-100 partition table. I find it interesting TiVo spent the time and money to upgrade to the Premiere disk partitioning but not bring any of the TiVo specific features with it.
I wonder if that is needed to support MPEG4 video and audio.
CuriousMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Series3Sub

I think it more likely they attempted to "future proof" the product in the UNLIKELY event they were allowed to add features before launch or may be allowed to ad something after launch. I don't think we're gonna see any decent changes on this box--ever.
Series3Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
It is much easier to start from an existing code base and selectively turn off features. I would doubt that they started from scratch here.