TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
jethrouk

Anyone **know** Why do some Tivos record wishlists from AD channels and some record f

Old Chestnut

Primary channels 1-5 have AD (Audio Description) version as well as the High Def version

Anyone solved the old chestnut???

When wishlists have a choice why doi some Tivos record from AD channels and some Tivos record wishlists from HD channels

I'm wondering whether it's 1TB (old software) vs 1/2 TB (new software)

PS Anyone know why threads are deleted on this forum???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jethrouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
OzSat
Very Nice Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrouk View Post
PS Anyone know why threads are deleted on this forum???
Like what?

I've just looked through the logs and since September 2011 only 5 threads have been deleted and they were all started as Spam!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
jethrouk

Like I've seen/read and posted to more than the only 2 threads currently on this board?

I know there has been at least 5 legitimate threads posted on this forum - but everytime I visit there's only about 2-3 new threads

EDIT: Found it - a setting I've never seen before - never used it before - defaults to showing couple threads only

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
mikerr
TiVoCentral.co.uk

Quote:
PS Anyone know why threads are deleted on this forum ?
The only threads deleted here were those discussing opening up the VM TiVo, and upgrading its hard drive.
Quote:
When wishlists have a choice why do some Tivos record from AD channels and some Tivos record wishlists from HD channels ?
AIUI wishlists will get a slot wherever they can find it - whether is uses regular / AD / HD channel depends on how busy the scheduler is with other recording SPs/wishlists.

I wish be could filter out channels wihslists operate over, particularly kids channels - but we can't currently do that.

Also, 1TB and 500GB Tivos run the exact same software...

Last edited by mikerr : 03-05-2012 at 05:19 AM.
mikerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
OzSat
Very Nice Moderator

Quote:
Like I've seen/read and posted to more than the only 2 threads currently on this board?

I know there has been at least 5 legitimate threads posted on this forum - but everytime I visit there's only about 2-3 new threads

EDIT: Found it - a setting I've never seen before - never used it before - defaults to showing couple threads only
The default is by date - so a week, month, year, etc.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #6
jethrouk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
... whether is uses regular / AD / HD channel depends on how busy the scheduler is with other recording SPs/wishlists.....
nope - whether it records from AD channel or HD channel still takes one tuner and same time

My Tivo (most Tivos from what I can gather) default to recording wishlists on main channels 1-5 from AD channels

Where as other Tivos default to recording from HD channel

Looks like nobody has a clue why this might be

Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
OzSat
Very Nice Moderator

Quote:
Looks like nobody has a clue why this might be
A little playing didn't take too long to see the pattern imerge.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
jethrouk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSat View Post
A little playing didn't take too long to see the pattern imerge.

Not sure what that means

Only know that *nobody* knows the answer to this riddle

Old 03-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
OzSat
Very Nice Moderator

There is a pattern - it may not be what you would expect - but after some playing to see there is a rule.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
cwaring
VM Tivo User

Just out of interest, for those of us who don't really care (ie don't use the auto-record feature much), what is this "rule"?

with the new

Get
- TV Guide for Windows

cwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
jethrouk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSat View Post
There is a pattern - it may not be what you would expect - but after some playing to see there is a rule.
I actually posted this question because I wanted to know the answer - but since you prefer to keep it to yourself I'll unsubscribe from this thread so I'm not wasting anymore time looking at replies

Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #12
kmusgrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaring
Just out of interest, for those of us who don't really care (ie don't use the auto-record feature much), what is this "rule"?
You don't auto record wishlists? Whyever not? Its the most useful feature of Tivo IMO.
kmusgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
kmusgrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSat
Any chance you could let the rest of us in on the secret?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #14
mikerr
TiVoCentral.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmusgrave View Post
You don't auto record wishlists? Whyever not? Its the most useful feature of Tivo IMO.
Indeed, but its partially scuppered by the VM TiVo not allowing you to remove unwanted channels (e.g. a general keyword will pick programmes from kids channels)
Old 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
kmusgrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerr

Indeed, but its partially scuppered by the VM TiVo not allowing you to remove unwanted channels (e.g. a general keyword will pick programmes from kids channels)
True. That is annoying. It would be good if you could specify if you want Tv/radio or both as well.