TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #3871
BizarroTerl

Are the remote functions used for auto transfers? (sorry if this is a dumb question)
BizarroTerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #3872
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroTerl View Post
Are the remote functions used for auto transfers? (sorry if this is a dumb question)
For the most part no. Only if you use "iPad Delete" task (which you have to turn on via config).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #3873
sepstein
Tivolutionary

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered in the past - there are a lot of posts in this thread!

I have kmttg v0p8q configured on my Mac Pro under Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion). Working reasonably well, but I've been running into a problem when downloads just seem to stall in the middle of the download. No error message, and kmttg will just wait, and wait, and wait, and no further data is downloaded.

Any solution for this? BTW - I do have the Resume Downloads toggled in the File menu, though I'm not quite sure how that comes into play.

Steve
Old 03-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #3874
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Try using Java downloads in config.

The Resume Downloads start downloads from where you were watching and paused at the point.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #3875
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Not good. Without the password for the PKCS12 file there is no way to get past authentication which means none of the kmttg remote functions would work any longer which is the case for latest Virgin Media software already (and TiVo Commander). I was somewhat encouraged though skeptical when TiVo announced renewed intentions for promoting 3rd party developers, but so far I've seen nothing to sway my skepticism, indeed quite the opposite.
perhaps we should be a little grassroots and have all the kmttg users email tivo about not making such negative changes. i cannot see the upside to locking out users from using the remote functions. what other areas are they trying to lock down that is part ofthis or is it just the remote protocalls and if so, why? they are not charging for their apps so what is the point. i hate that my tivo premiere doesnt have the remote functionality of my now 13 year old replaytv. i mean, if i schedule a show on one tivo and their are conflicts, thru the current tivo app, there is not resolution, but on my 13 yo replay, i can just try and schedule it on the other box. silly.

on a completely different note, i am still having trouble with adscan hanging at 99 percent in kmttg, i thought this was mostly fixed but it is happening again
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #3876
Bulldawg9908

Great program. I can't believe it took me so long to find it.

I do have one issue I'm hoping someone can help with. While projectX is running--whether it's the remux process or the commercial cut process, it is overloading my hard drive, which makes using the drive for anything else impossible. Is there a way to lower the priority of hard drive activity for projectX or slow it down so it doesn't cause problems?

As it is, I can't be watching anything while projectX is running. All my media is stored on a second hard drive, so the system remains stable and usable, but I can't watch or listen to any media files.
Bulldawg9908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #3877
Legacy777

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I tried searching and didn't come up with an answer. I've downloaded the latest kmttg and it appears to be working fine, downloading the video, transcoding, etc. However the problem I have is that the resultant video file has very low sound in comparison to the .tivo file. I've tried minimizing all that kmttg is doing is the decryption and still get this issue.

Whether it's pertinent or not, before finding kmttg I used the directshow dump filter to convert the .tivo files to .mpg files and had similar issues, however it seemed to be more of an issue with the voices rather than all the audio.

Any ideas? Could it be an issue with codecs or my audio drivers??

Thanks for any help.
Josh
Legacy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #3878
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy777 View Post
Forgive me if this has been covered, but I tried searching and didn't come up with an answer. I've downloaded the latest kmttg and it appears to be working fine, downloading the video, transcoding, etc. However the problem I have is that the resultant video file has very low sound in comparison to the .tivo file. I've tried minimizing all that kmttg is doing is the decryption and still get this issue.

Whether it's pertinent or not, before finding kmttg I used the directshow dump filter to convert the .tivo files to .mpg files and had similar issues, however it seemed to be more of an issue with the voices rather than all the audio.

Any ideas? Could it be an issue with codecs or my audio drivers??

Thanks for any help.
Josh
I would guess codecs. Play back using Videolan VLC which has its own codecs for a different reference point. If you still cannot get adequate sound then I would look at your sound settings. If using Windows right click on speaker in tray and choose Sounds-Playback tab and select the driver properties and then Levels tab. When I had a problem with low sound that's where I managed to fix it.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #3879
Legacy777

Quote:
I would guess codecs. Play back using Videolan VLC which has its own codecs for a different reference point. If you still cannot get adequate sound then I would look at your sound settings. If using Windows right click on speaker in tray and choose Sounds-Playback tab and select the driver properties and then Levels tab. When I had a problem with low sound that's where I managed to fix it.
I'll d/l videolan and try that. For a test I tried using a completely different computer and got the same results with the lower sound volume. Since I'm having issues on two separate computers I'm guessing the problem is codecs.

Is there a recommended codec pack or program I should d/l so I have all the right codecs? BTW, this is on an older machine still running XP. Also, since the Athlon chipset doesn't support SSE2 instructions, I have issues using TivoDesktop plus to convert to mobile as well. So hopefully I can find something that works so I can use kmttg.

Thanks
Josh
Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #3880
Legacy777

Well I figured out why the TiVo files were louder compared against the mpg converted files. TiVo is inserting an audio boost between the decoder and the sound device. It's not present on the mpg file. I'm not sure if there's a way to jack up the audio when decoding the .tivo file or when encoding it as another format. If so, that would be helpful since I ultimately want to u/l these shows to my tablet.

I've linked screen shots from the codec manager of the two files. It shows the flow chart of how the file is being decoded and played.

http://www.main.experiencetherave.co...flow_chart.jpg
http://www.main.experiencetherave.co...flow_chart.jpg

One other thing I noticed when comparing Tivo desktop to kmmtg is that the new Tivo desktop 2.8.3 seems to be almost twice as fast d/l files. Tivo desktop d/l a file at around 5.75 mb/s, while kmmtg d/l a file at around 3.04 mb/s. These are actual transfer rates based on the file size transferred and the elapsed time of transfer. Are there any settings to boost kmmtg? I read that supposedly tivo desktop v 2.8.3 was supposed to speed up transfer times with the premiere. It seems to work.

Josh
Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #3881
moyekj

Quote:
One other thing I noticed when comparing Tivo desktop to kmmtg is that the new Tivo desktop 2.8.3 seems to be almost twice as fast d/l files. Tivo desktop d/l a file at around 5.75 mb/s, while kmmtg d/l a file at around 3.04 mb/s. These are actual transfer rates based on the file size transferred and the elapsed time of transfer. Are there any settings to boost kmmtg? I read that supposedly tivo desktop v 2.8.3 was supposed to speed up transfer times with the premiere. It seems to work.

Josh
That's because you have "Fast Transfers" enabled in TiVo Desktop which downloads in Transport Stream container. In kmttg you can enable that as well if you wish: Configure-Program Options-Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format
However if you do that note that "tivodecode" cannot properly handle TS .TiVo files so you are restricting what you can do with those downloads unless you use VideoRedo with kmttg. (VideoRedo used DirectShowFilter to decrypt .TiVo files similar to how Windows Media Player uses for rendering).

Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #3882
Legacy777

Quote:
That's because you have "Fast Transfers" enabled in TiVo Desktop which downloads in Transport Stream container. In kmttg you can enable that as well if you wish: Configure-Program Options-Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format
However if you do that note that "tivodecode" cannot properly handle TS .TiVo files so you are restricting what you can do with those downloads unless you use VideoRedo with kmttg.
I was actually looking through the preferences when I saw a new message pop up. I just found the "fast transfer" option.

So files that are d/l via TS are unable to be decrypted with kmttg?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #3883
moyekj

Quote:
So files that are d/l via TS are unable to be decrypted with kmttg?
If using "tivodecode" then yes, but as I mentioned above if you configure kmttg to use VideoRedo instead then it can handle the decrypt.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #3884
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

If you are connected to your network wirelessly, either on the computer side or the Tivo side of the router or both, you can experiment with the position of the antenna on the wireless adapter @ the computer to optimize transfers.

On my network, my Tivo HD and PC are all on wireless and I get 6-8 mbs. I don't use Tivo Desktop (had Plus also) because it has stopped working and its a CPU hog. Also TD is quite limited. Currently I have switched over to PyTivo and KMTTG. PyTivo allows me to have multiple folders on the Tivo which I had set to various partitions/drives and can have multiple folders to explore from Tivo. TD only allows 1 folder (I think) and they have to be published into TD to be available to Tivo.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #3885
Legacy777

Quote:
If using "tivodecode" then yes, but as I mentioned above if you configure kmttg to use VideoRedo instead then it can handle the decrypt.
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #3886
Legacy777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
If you are connected to your network wirelessly, either on the computer side or the Tivo side of the router or both, you can experiment with the position of the antenna on the wireless adapter @ the computer to optimize transfers.

On my network, my Tivo HD and PC are all on wireless and I get 6-8 mbs. I don't use Tivo Desktop (had Plus also) because it has stopped working and its a CPU hog. Also TD is quite limited. Currently I have switched over to PyTivo and KMTTG. PyTivo allows me to have multiple folders on the Tivo which I had set to various partitions/drives and can have multiple folders to explore from Tivo. TD only allows 1 folder (I think) and they have to be published into TD to be available to Tivo.
Both are connected via wire. I had PyTivo running, but just recently reformatted my desktop that I had all the Tivo stuff installed on. I'm leaving on a trip next week and haven't had time to reconfigure everything, so I was trying to get something quick setup to transfer files and i'll setup everything when I get time. Yeah I much prefer PyTivo over TD.

Thanks for the reply.
Josh
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #3887
wireman121

Starting to see tons of shows that are only downloading the first 10 minutes or less. I know theres some other users bringing up the same issues, so just wanted to add myself to the list. At first I thought it was only 1 show that had the problem, but now its turned into 4 shows this week that only downloaded around 8 minutes, kmttg sees nothing wrong and continues its tasks.
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #3888
Robertjm

remux stalling at 86%

Hi all,

Today I installed kmttg on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine. Was able to download a file just fine, and it was cooking away in the process.

However, when it got to the "remux" stage it seems to have stalled out at 86%. After about 14 minutes I canceled the job and then ran it again on the .tivo file that was downloaded. Again, everything worked just fine till the remux stage, when it stalled at 86%.

Anyone else experience anything like this? If so, were you able to resolve it?

Thanks!

Robert
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #3889
moyekj

Double click on the remux job while it's running in the job monitor panel to see ffmpeg output to look for any messages that may provide clues. Since ffmpeg is used for remux perhaps an alternate version of ffmpeg than you are currently using may help.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #3890
muerte33

Quote:
Moyekj...
Which version do you recommend of videoredo, there are 3 versions right now.
http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm
muerte33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #3891
Robertjm

Here's what I get when I double-click on the job. It looks like it just stops. There's no error msg at all. Or should this step take quite a while? When I opened up the Task Manager I did notice there is activity. It's holding CPU usage at 24%. However, the VM-size and RSS columns are changing in size number.

ffmpeg version 0.8-4:0.8-1ubuntu2, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the Libav developers
built on Feb 9 2012 08:03:03 with gcc 4.6.2
This program is not developed anymore and is only provided for compatibility. Use avconv instead (see Changelog for the list of incompatible changes).
[mpegvideo @ 0x8f18c0] max_analyze_duration reached
[mpegvideo @ 0x8f18c0] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 59.94 (60000/1001) -> 25.00 (25/1)
Input #0, mpegvideo, from '/home/robertjm/kmttg/Red Bull Air Race World Series - From San Francisco (10_15_2006).m2v':
Duration: 00:34:59.60, bitrate: 6011 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 480x480 [PAR 4:3 DAR 4:3], 6011 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1200k tbn, 59.94 tbc
[mp3 @ 0x8f22a0] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0x8f22a0] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Input #1, mp3, from '/home/robertjm/kmttg/Red Bull Air Race World Series - From San Francisco (10_15_2006).mp2':
Duration: 01:00:01.27, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 192 kb/s
Stream #1.0: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
Output #0, dvd, to '/home/robertjm/kmttg/Red Bull Air Race World Series - From San Francisco (10_15_2006).mpg.qsfix':
Metadata:
encoder : Lavf53.20.0
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 480x480 [PAR 4:3 DAR 4:3], q=2-31, 6011 kb/s, 90k tbn, 29.97 tbc
Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Stream #1.0 -> #0.1
Press ctrl-c to stop encoding
frame=11885 fps= 0 q=-1.0 size= 185222kB time=475.37 bitrate=3191.9kbits/s
frame=23665 fps=23664 q=-1.0 size= 369378kB time=946.58 bitrate=3196.7kbits/s
frame=35525 fps=23682 q=-1.0 size= 554076kB time=1420.99 bitrate=3194.2kbits/s
frame=47350 fps=23674 q=-1.0 size= 738844kB time=1893.98 bitrate=3195.7kbits/s
frame=59240 fps=23695 q=-1.0 size= 923904kB time=2369.57 bitrate=3194.1kbits/s
frame=62810 fps=20936 q=-1.0 size= 979638kB time=2512.39 bitrate=3194.2kbits/s
frame=74276 fps=21221 q=-1.0 size= 1158406kB time=2971.01 bitrate=3194.1kbits/s
frame=78356 fps=19514 q=-1.0 size= 1222080kB time=3134.23 bitrate=3194.2kbits/s
frame=82049 fps=18171 q=-1.0 size= 1279192kB time=3281.95 bitrate=3193.0kbits/s
frame=96632 fps=19267 q=-1.0 size= 1403990kB time=3601.27 bitrate=3193.7kbits/s

So it finally error'd out. Here's the msg I got:

encoding failed (exit code: 1 ) - check command: /usr/bin/ffmpeg -y -i "/home/robertjm/kmttg/Red Bull Air Race World Series - From San Francisco (10_15_2006)_cut.mpg" -threads 4 -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -ac 2 -s 854x480 -coder 0 -level 41 -sameq -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 300 -bufsize 14745k -b 2000k -maxrate 16000k -bug +autodetect+ms -me_method epzs -trellis 2 -mbd 1 -f mp4 "/home/robertjm/kmttg/Red Bull Air Race World Series - From San Francisco (10_15_2006).mp4"
ffmpeg version 0.8-4:0.8-1ubuntu2, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the Libav developers
built on Feb 9 2012 08:03:03 with gcc 4.6.2
This program is not developed anymore and is only provided for compatibility. Use avconv instead (see Changelog for the list of incompatible changes).
[mpeg @ 0x6637a0] max_analyze_duration reached

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 59.94 (60000/1001) -> 25.00 (25/1)
Input #0, mpeg, from '/home/robertjm/kmttg/Red Bull Air Race World Series - From San Francisco (10_15_2006)_cut.mpg':
Duration: 00:00:25.76, start: 1.000000, bitrate: 6301 kb/s
Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 480x480 [PAR 4:3 DAR 4:3], 3919 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
Stream #0.1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
Unknown encoder 'libx264'

Quote:
Double click on the remux job while it's running in the job monitor panel to see ffmpeg output to look for any messages that may provide clues. Since ffmpeg is used for remux perhaps an alternate version of ffmpeg than you are currently using may help.

Last edited by Robertjm : 03-10-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added error msg
Robertjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #3892
moyekj

That's not a "remux" job. It looks like an "encode" job where you are trying to encode to H.264 but the ffmpeg your are using doesn't have "libx264" encode library. So the ffmpeg you are using either wasn't compiled with all codecs or is not compatible with the encoding profile you are using. You can find out what codecs are supported by executing following on command line:
ffmpeg -codecs >codecs.txt
Then look at codecs.txt and note that libx264 will be missing.
So either you need a different ffmpeg install or you have to create an encoding profile which works with the version you have.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #3893
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by muerte33 View Post
Moyekj...
Which version do you recommend of videoredo, there are 3 versions right now.
http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm
Depends what you want. For kmttg the Plus version works if QS Fix is the only thing you are really looking for, and it can also be used for editing TiVo/mpeg2 files to cut out commercials yourself. TV Suite is useful if you want H.264 editing and encoding etc.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #3894
Robertjm

Thanks for the heads up. You are correct, the libx264 is missing. The one I used was the one that came out of the Ubuntu 12.04 repos.

Robert

Quote:
That's not a "remux" job. It looks like an "encode" job where you are trying to encode to H.264 but the ffmpeg your are using doesn't have "libx264" encode library. So the ffmpeg you are using either wasn't compiled with all codecs or is not compatible with the encoding profile you are using. You can find out what codecs are supported by executing following on command line:
ffmpeg -codecs >codecs.txt
Then look at codecs.txt and note that libx264 will be missing.
So either you need a different ffmpeg install or you have to create an encoding profile which works with the version you have.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #3895
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
TV Suite is useful
.... for burning DVDs.

Quote:
if you want H.264 editing and encoding etc.
VRD v 4 is for h.264
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #3896
moyekj

Quote:
FYI, it looks like recent TiVo software updates for Virgin Media broke the RPC capability so that non-TiVo apps no longer work (including the remote in kmttg as indicated in that thread):
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...highlight/true
I was contacted by a kmttg user in UK about it which is how I became aware of it.

Looks like TiVo may have tightened up authentication. Looking at the latest TiVo iOS ipa file from iTunes (which is like a zip file) I see there's a "cdata.p12" file there which appears to be a PKCS12 certificate file used for SSL authentication. That variety means a client side password must be given for authentication to work.
Reason I mention this is I fear the next software update for Series 4 platform in US may well break the RPC capability we have been enjoying the last few months.
FYI I received confirmation from someone involved in TiVo beta that the next software release for US Series 4 platforms indeed does indeed kill the remote control functionality because of this tightened authentication. So unless someone can crack the password for the "cdata.p12" file that entire functionality is gone from kmttg starting with next software update. It really pi**** me off as this was the most useful capability to come our way in a long time only to get yanked away. Don't really understand the motivation given the TiVo official applications are free anyway but IMO they are very limited in functionality.
May be time to figure out how to block software updates...

Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #3897
L David Matheny

Quote:
FYI I received confirmation from someone involved in TiVo beta that the next software release for US Series 4 platforms indeed does indeed kill the remote control functionality because of this tightened authentication. So unless someone can crack the password for the "cdata.p12" file that entire functionality is gone from kmttg starting with next software update. It really pi**** me off as this was the most useful capability to come our way in a long time only to get yanked away. Don't really understand the motivation given the TiVo official applications are free anyway but IMO they are very limited in functionality.
Certainly if they break some useful features of your program, we should ask them how long it will take them to incorporate those same capabilities into their (free) official applications. And you can offer, as an alternative, to continue to keep their users happy if they will just give you some sort of workaround.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #3898
sanjonny

Quote:
My only guess would be they are going to put in the ability to stream to said new apps and are worried that without auth, people could take shows not able to be transferred due to copy encryption or whatever. But why the heck block the remote functionality. That is plain stupid and whoever is working on the tivo beta should know that. Since jailbreaking is legal, i believe blocking updates would be legal too, as well as cracking other encryption. Some idiot at tivo is really not thinking forward, but is that a surprise? Just plain stupid.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #3899
ACraigL

TiVoDecode incompatible with Handbrake 0.9.6?

Hi,

I know this is not really a kmttg thing, but wasn't sure where else to turn.
The latest version of HB does not like something about the resulting (TiVoDecoded) MPEG, giving me a "No Title(s) Available" error. However when I use the CLI from 0.9.5, the file processes to MP4 without any issue whatsoever.

I really wanted to use the new audio gain feature in HB as TiVo recordings typically suffer from low volume. Any suggestions around getting to work (again) with the latest version of Handbrake? The log (failure only) is below. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Code:
encoding failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe" -i "D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg" -t 1 -c 1 -o "D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mp4" -f mp4 -w 480 -e x264 -q 20 -a 1 -E faac -6 stereo -R 48 -B 160 -D 0.0 -x level=30:bframes=0:weightp=0:cabac=0:ref=1:vbv-maxrate=1500:vbv-bufsize=2000:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1:psy-rd=0,0:subq=6:8x8dct=0:trellis=0 --verbose=1 --gain=5 
[00:02:11] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake 0.9.6 (2012022800) - MinGW i686 - http://handbrake.fr
2 CPUs detected
Opening D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg...
[00:02:11] hb_scan: path=D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg, title_index=1
libbluray/bdnav/index_parse.c:157: indx_parse(): error opening D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg/BDMV/index.bdmv
libbluray/bluray.c:1471: nav_get_title_list(D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg) failed (01CB3490)
[00:02:11] bd: not a bd - trying as a stream/file instead
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
[00:02:11] dvd: not a dvd - trying as a stream/file instead
[00:02:11] file is MPEG Program Stream
[00:02:11] Found program stream map
[00:02:11] Found the following streams
[00:02:11]     Video Streams : 
[00:02:11]     Audio Streams : 
[00:02:11]       0xc0-0x0 type MPEG1 (0x3)
[00:02:11]     Other Streams : 
[00:02:11] stream id 0xc0 (type 0x3 substream 0x0) audio 0xc0
[00:02:12] libhb: scan thread found 0 valid title(s)
No title found.
HandBrake has exited.

• Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #3900
ACraigL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACraigL View Post
Hi,

I know this is not really a kmttg thing, but wasn't sure where else to turn.
The latest version of HB does not like something about the resulting (TiVoDecoded) MPEG, giving me a "No Title(s) Available" error. However when I use the CLI from 0.9.5, the file processes to MP4 without any issue whatsoever.

I really wanted to use the new audio gain feature in HB as TiVo recordings typically suffer from low volume. Any suggestions around getting to work (again) with the latest version of Handbrake? The log (failure only) is below. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Code:
encoding failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe" -i "D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg" -t 1 -c 1 -o "D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mp4" -f mp4 -w 480 -e x264 -q 20 -a 1 -E faac -6 stereo -R 48 -B 160 -D 0.0 -x level=30:bframes=0:weightp=0:cabac=0:ref=1:vbv-maxrate=1500:vbv-bufsize=2000:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1:psy-rd=0,0:subq=6:8x8dct=0:trellis=0 --verbose=1 --gain=5 
[00:02:11] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake 0.9.6 (2012022800) - MinGW i686 - http://handbrake.fr
2 CPUs detected
Opening D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg...
[00:02:11] hb_scan: path=D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg, title_index=1
libbluray/bdnav/index_parse.c:157: indx_parse(): error opening D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg/BDMV/index.bdmv
libbluray/bluray.c:1471: nav_get_title_list(D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Attack the Block.mpg) failed (01CB3490)
[00:02:11] bd: not a bd - trying as a stream/file instead
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
[00:02:11] dvd: not a dvd - trying as a stream/file instead
[00:02:11] file is MPEG Program Stream
[00:02:11] Found program stream map
[00:02:11] Found the following streams
[00:02:11]     Video Streams : 
[00:02:11]     Audio Streams : 
[00:02:11]       0xc0-0x0 type MPEG1 (0x3)
[00:02:11]     Other Streams : 
[00:02:11] stream id 0xc0 (type 0x3 substream 0x0) audio 0xc0
[00:02:12] libhb: scan thread found 0 valid title(s)
No title found.
HandBrake has exited.
Adding the "project x" qs fix resolved the problem. Looks like the latest rev of handbrake is a bit more picky.
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote